Players miss so many one on ones :(

Hey all,

Been playing football manager 2010 for a bit now and would say i am 90% happy with it but the one thing that is really bugging me is the amount of chances my players miss. What i mean is one on ones really, the GK saves 95% of them regardless of the player who is shooting. Is it the match engine???

I have been playing as Barcelona so players like messi, Zlatan, Xavi all miss silly amounts of one on ones :( What makes this worse is the amount of goals they score from 30 yards plus, i bet it is close to one a game but miss 5-10 one on ones a game :(

Anyone got any thoughts or ideas as to why?

It's a well known thing that is being officially looked into for the next patch, and yes it is the ME. I believe the basic idea was that a one on one isn't really that good of a chance to begin with. And when you think about it, in some ways it isn't.

Try getting your players to approach the keeper from an angle. It may be a glitch of some sort, but they score more often.

it's funny to see Players like Ronaldo and messi missing so many one on ones :D You would expect players of this class to score more than one in ten :(

I would think myself that a one on one would be a better chance than a 30 plus yard shot, there isnt that many players in world football that score alot of these type of shots.

I would think myself that a one on one would be a better chance than a 30 plus yard shot.

Not if it's a one on one straight at the keeper from a distance of 5-10 yards, which is the type of shot Oypus is talking about. These shots appear to be stopped by the GK too seasily, but SI pointed out in another thread that in fact these chances are created too easily, and the GK stops them at a realistic rate.

i would say there are way to many one on ones in a game but that shouldnt mean the GK saves nearly all of them :( the ME needs to be changed so less chances are made and in turn GK's save less as they do in real life. The fact the GK saves chance that shouldnt happen doesnt make it right :(

Archived