Ridiculous last 3 mins

This game drives me bonkers!!

I was threatened before a match that I was under pressure. Seems a bit premature as I was 12th in the table with fulham 11 games in and I was topping our euro cup group but fair enough.

The match was against wolves we were drawing 1-1 as we cant seem to hold a lead. So I brought on Necid and he scored in the 87th min. I was delighted obviously, Stupidly I changed my instructions to contain and Wolves levelled in the 89 min. Amazingly Necid scored again in the 91st min, now I started to think that this was a bit stupid but I was absolutely raging when wolves levelled again in the 93 min!

Aaaaaaaaghhhhhhhh!!!!

I was at a Hearts-Hibs derby about 6 years ago which was 2-2 after 89 minutes, and finished 4-4, Graham Weir :thup:

In the game I have seen my team throw leads away in the last minutes many times, including being 2-0 up with 5 minutes to play and losing 4-2, which was probably the worst one. I'll admit it was my tactics.

A lot of the time the blame attributed to tactics just confuses me. Do people really expect to make the correct decision, at the correct time, every time? Admittedly there are some decisions you can make which are blatantly flawed, but sometimes the other guy is more sharp, sometimes you make a mistake and sometimes you are just plain unlucky.

I think it may be to how different players view the game. I don't see it as a battle between me and the AI, I tend to roleplay, and see myself as a manager of a football team, not a sailor playing a football manager game.

So don't sweat it dudge7, it wasn't you cocking it up, it was just the manager of the opposition was more canny on the night!

I was at a Hearts-Hibs derby about 6 years ago.

At the chance of repeating myself (in another thread). No one complains that such things happen, it happened in previous FM's as well. The thing is that you give an example that is 6 years old but some people experience such 'ridiculous last 3 minutes' each 6 games in FM2010.

At the chance of repeating myself (in another thread). No one complains that such things happen, it happened in previous FM's as well. The thing is that you give an example that is 6 years old but some people experience such 'ridiculous last 3 minutes' each 6 games in FM2010.

To be fair this is my most dramatic one never suffered anything like this in 6 seasons or so!

To be fair this is my most dramatic one never suffered anything like this in 6 seasons or so!

Lucky you. All my last 5 matches have been decided by goals in injury time, of which I won 4 (3-2, 2-1, 2-1, 1-0), draw 1 (3-3). There's no need for me to have hard feelings, as I benefit from the late goals most of the times, but now I'm at a stage that I feel my wins were undeserved.

Lucky you. All my last 5 matches have been decided by goals in injury time, of which I won 4 (3-2, 2-1, 2-1, 1-0), draw 1 (3-3). There's no need for me to have hard feelings, as I benefit from the late goals most of the times, but now I'm at a stage that I feel my wins were undeserved.

Haha yeah I guess lucky me! Just got a 91st min winner there, keep it up SI:thup:!!!:rolleyes:

Didn't Sunderland score in injury time a crazy number of times their first year back in the prem?

Instead of all this baseless moaning (not this op I may add) someone just needs to count up over a whole season how many goals scored late on, and compare it to a whole season in FM, instead of "grr it well appened to me twice lolz game is duff".

Didn't Sunderland score in injury time a crazy number of times their first year back in the prem?

Instead of all this baseless moaning (not this op I may add) someone just needs to count up over a whole season how many goals scored late on, and compare it to a whole season in FM, instead of "grr it well appened to me twice lolz game is duff".

With every single team Ive had, I score most and concede most in the 76-90 mins. Its been this way with every game. Probably because of the stupid 424 formation.

Archived