have i just been robbed

is gomez over rated in this game  

74 members have voted

1. 1. is gomez over rated in this game

• yes
    • no
    • hes actually underrated

Yes, you got robbed.

Btw, can you talk a little bit about your tactics? How did you manage to create 30+ shots, 10+ CCC? Amazing!!

yes its called complete dominance by mr hough its his tweaked tactic on the forums

Firstly I want to congratulate you on making so many chances! But I want to stress that it is stupid to suggest that the game is rigged. If the game was rigged then there would be no way for the leagues of people succesfully completing Dafuge's challenge to succeed. I think Gomes is overrated, and you are just very, very unlucky. To be totally honest I've never seen results like this before, and you should've won. The only thing I can think off is, what type of chances are you creating? Are they good, goal scoring chances or are they weak chances?

At least common sense came through for you in the end. To be fair - I have a pretty respectable record against Tottenham with my Villa team. He maybe just had a one off excellent game - or your striikers were shooting straight at him.

I agree with Matt123456, saying the game is rigged doesn't really help anything, however certain players/positions are still over-rated. I had a game against Spurs with my newly promoted Palace side and ended up drawing 2-2 despite some incredible goalkeeping by Gomes (and I really needed 3 points) so I'm inclined to agree that he is a bit over-rated, but he is also one of those players who can have days like those (plus he's cut down on the errors that made him a joke at first in England).

Game is rigged. I can tell im not going to score in a game within the first 20 minutes no matter how much we are going to dominate. Its ridiculous.

If you know with that much certainty, then change your tactics. The game is then re-calculated once you do that.

Gomes is the most overrated player ever. He's like the Adebayor of this FM. There are games when he is quite literally unbeatable. He got Spurs into the Champions League Final almost single handedly in one of my files, winning european keeper of the year. I dont know who does the research on players for this game, but they were waaaaaay off when they implemented Gomes.

To the OP :: Oh wow :eek:

WOW that is possibly the first time ive ever said out loud the words 'OH MY G0SH'

after looking at someones match stats

Even though i am a Man Utd fan i actually was so relieved to see that you still beat them in the next leg

:thup:

Gomes has got to be one of the best gks in the world. A lot of people sign his praise within the game including Gus Hiddink.

Gus Hiddink Quote.

Gus Hiddink has leapt to the defence of under fire Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes by insisting the stopper is ‘world-class.’

From Wiki.

Gomes achieved a great amount while at PSV. He has the record for highest percentage of clean sheets in the Eredivisie, with him keeping a clean sheet in 60% of his league games for PSV. In his first season in Holland, Gomes went 16 hours and 11 minutes without conceding a goal. In the same season, Gomes went on another run without conceding any goals, this time he didn't concede a goal in 817 minutes. In his third season, 2006–07, he had again a notable streak. Gomes didn't concede in 956 minutes, which eventually played a huge part in PSV's surprise capture of the championship title. PSV won the 2006–07 title, after having the same amount of points as Ajax, but PSV finished first due to a better goal difference (+50, against +49 for Ajax). Even though those were very impressive stints, it wasn't enough to break the record of Heinz Stuy, who set the record in 1971 with 1082 minutes. Gomes did set a record, though, when in the 2007–08 season he kept a clean sheet in his first 5 games.

I know the Dutch league isnt the strongest in the world but still thats a pretty impressive record.

I dont think he is over rated or under rated in FM. However I think he is very under rated IRL.

lol at the 1st screen shot, you have 12 clear cut chances, 34 shots 18 of them on target.

Spurs have 8 shots 7 on target and 0 clear cut chances.

But you lost 2-1, that is really harsh. But i guess lots would say, that sums up the 10.2 patch so far...

To say you were robbed would be the wrong saying. If your opponents scored a goal with a blatant handball (Henry vs Ireland) and you had a perfectly good goal denied by the referee then yes you had been robbed. But how does a superb performance from a player in the opposition team make the game mean you had been robbed? Am I missing something? Yes you dominated the game but at the end of the day they put the ball in the back of the net more times than you, period! A freak performance maybe, but they do happen sometimes.

I'd be more worried about how the rating system is worked. Gomez concedes 3 goals and get a perfect 10. He my have played amazing but IMO if you concede 3 goals then how can you have a perfect game SI??????

That like a forward playing well but getting no assists or goals and getting a perfect 10? :confused:

I love this. All the people whining about how unrealistic the game is are the same people using bogus tactics that exploit the engine and then cry their eyes out when not all of their 30 shots on goal go in.

Hilarious.

'bogus tactics'? if the game enables you to use these legitimate tactics then I don't see how it's bogus, or how they exploit the engine.

• Administrators

Player naming, not to mention the fact it's just a goalkeeper having a good game. This discussion has been held in numerous places on this forum, and I really don't think there is a need for the poll so am closing this. Thanks.

Archived