Quick Question.

Why is it that Aguero didn't win player of the year? In fact, he wasn't even in contention.

The winner was Benzema, second was Iniesta, and third was another of my players, Simao.

Here's Benzema's stats. Impressive no?

16karimbenzema.png

And here's what Aguero did relative to the rest of the league.

ligabbva2.png

WHAT?! The player with the most assists, best average rating, most MoM awards, and who just happens to be third in goals scored, isn't even mentioned?! Simao isn't even on that screen!! Anywhere! And, we won the league!

Just in case you don't believe me, here's proof:

ligabbva3g.png

I hope someone can help me out here....because I just don't see it.

It's voted for by managers. You can't tell me you watch every one of the matches on full for all the players involved!? IRL some players don't always produce, but play very well in general. Don't just go by the stats, surely you don't, when you watch your team...you just pick the player who stood out to you. Stats IRL are SOMETHING to go by, but not the be all and end all, so why should it be in the game?

Okay, I didn't know that tbh. I can believe that. Now that you mention it, watching Simao do his thing was more enjoyable than watching Aguero, most of the time. I don't think stats IRL should determine everything, but I thought in this game, they did. Thank you.

Still, that's a lot of goals and assists. I maintain that he was robbed.

In my second season the manager of the year was Harry Redknapp (Spurs finished 3rd in the league - no cup wins), runner up was Ancellotti (Chelsea finished second in the league - FA Cup winner) and third was me (Villa finshed 7th in the league - FA and League cup runner up). Premier league winner Mark Hughes at Man City and Arsene Wenger - League Cup winner and 4th in the league got no mention... go figure.

In response to the OP, sometime the awards are a little odd. Its not a bug... its just the way the game does it so as not to be too stat orientated.

Players from 'bigger' teams are also in the limelight more, so they are more likely to get the awards-just like to history shows. If you keep it up for another season his rep will increase and maybe he'll win it next year, good luck :thup:

This makes sense. What doesn't make sense is why Simao is in third. Same club, worse performance, he's even less famous then Aguero. Is Simao just a friendly guy?

Yeah it happens mate. Ive seen David Villa get loads of goals and a very high averege rating and he came third one year and he was far the best player. Lets just say there are sometimes some bebatable decisions whether its domestic, european, or world awards. :)

This makes sense. What doesn't make sense is why Simao is in third. Same club, worse performance, he's even less famous then Aguero. Is Simao just a friendly guy?

Lol I can't tell you why HE was chosen but like I said it's just peolples opinions, or in this case, the games interpretation of peoples opinions :)

Archived