thats it i am out no more of this

i have finally reached the last straw with this game it has caused me to many nights loss of sleep its so infuriating before someone says its your tactics or your not a good manager the usual from the doom mongers etc its not my tactics i have downloaded over 300 tactics made a good 50 or more. you name it ive tried it. if your tactic is too attacking the op defenders all get high ratings and the mark your team off the field and stop you scoring with a goalkeeper that seems to make the incredible hulk look like a mere mortal yes its going to sorted on the next patch about marking and cccs but why is it just your players that falter and not the opposition.

this is what i seem to be up against

dundeeafcfacts.th.jpg

dundeearsenal.th.jpg

if you defend it doesn't matter the ai will find someway, wingers seem to be in effective in this version of fm strikers create chances but don't score if you listen to your assistant manger as of what to do it has success sometimes but rarely works. i am sick to death with trying even tactics that every one else seems to have success with. i try and try and nothing goes right i take the lead and i get conned by penaltys free kicks rubbish marking a poxy goal keeper injuries to your best players when you play the big 4 or three when you are one of them. rubbish b rate teams beat you with "Arsenal will feel hard done by but everton,wolves,villa, tottenham etc wont mind. i am sick of building up teams to find the same crap as always i am not going to bother with this game again will try the new patch but refuse to play while its in its current form its just the most frustrating version of the game so far being conned by keepers offsides free kicks long shots and rubbish players that just con you every game and this is coming from a long time fan of fm seris. bye for now will keep in these forums and wait for the final update i hope

And yet so many people are successful.

Other than a minor issue with one type of chance for strikers that they can rarely (if ever) convert, ie, the under pressure while one-v-one problem, I haven't seen anything majorly wrong with this version. Success with Man City, Newcastle, Leeds, and now AC Milan & England.

And by the way - sleepless nights? You sound a little tense. I hope that's an exaggeration.

But seriously, you sound like a real fan of the game, so it must be disappointing that you can't win everything you want to win. Hope the next patch restores your love for the game.

And yet so many people are successful.

Other than a minor issue with one type of chance for strikers that they can rarely (if ever) convert, ie, the under pressure while one-v-one problem, I haven't seen anything majorly wrong with this version. Success with Man City, Newcastle, Leeds, and now AC Milan & England.

And by the way - sleepless nights? You sound a little tense. I hope that's an exaggeration.

But seriously, you sound like a real fan of the game, so it must be disappointing that you can't win everything you want to win. Hope the next patch restores your love for the game.

i know its just i have genuinely tried everything i dont mind loosing but i hate the way i seem to loose they always score after i have a disallowed goal or penalty's long shots or injury's to my key players i even have the same problems with lower league clubs i thought after the demo this would be the best version of all times but for me its not happening and ya its true i am a big fan of the game i prefer it to xmas when the new versions are released hope the new patch will be better mate chears im just raging was beaten by everton the cheaten scum just after being conned in my opinion by city spuds and chelski

i know its just i have genuinely tried everything i dont mind loosing but i hate the way i seem to loose they always score after i have a disallowed goal or penalty's long shots or injury's to my key players i even have the same problems with lower league clubs i thought after the demo this would be the best version of all times but for me its not happening and ya its true i am a big fan of the game i prefer it to xmas when the new versions are released hope the new patch will be better mate chears im just raging was beaten by everton the cheaten scum just after being conned in my opinion by city spuds and chelski

I know the feeling, beat Man Utd 4-1 then the very next game lost 3-1 to Wigan. Its a frustrating game at times but for me that adds to the addiction.

I know the feeling, beat Man Utd 4-1 then the very next game lost 3-1 to Wigan. Its a frustrating game at times but for me that adds to the addiction.

i kno but i hate it every time i start with a team i want the best use a tactic set up for my team or download one that has worked how mad am i about its demoralizing seeing my beloved gooners loosing to cheating (in my opinion) of the ai

I know, its just I have genuinely tried everything I don't mind losing but I hate the way I seem to lose, they always score after I have a disallowed goal, penalty's, long shots or injuries to my key players I even have the same problems with lower league clubs. I thought after the demo this would be the best version of all time but for me it's not happening and yes its true I am a big fan of the game I prefer it to xmas when the new versions are released. I hope the new patch will be better mate. Cheers i'm just raging was beaten by everton, the cheating scum, just after being conned in my opinion by city spuds and chelski.

Sorry, I just had to do that. Sorry if it seems pedantic.

i kno but i hate it every time i start with a team i want the best use a tactic set up for my team or download one that has worked how mad am i about its demoralizing seeing my beloved gooners loosing to cheating (in my opinion) of the ai

How far into the game did you get? I found the first season with Arsenal a struggle, and it took me 4 or 5 attempts to get into a decent save that I wanted to keep.

its not my tactics i have downloaded over 300 tactics made a good 50 or more. you name it ive tried it. if your tactic is too attacking the op defenders all get high ratings and the mark your team off the field and stop you scoring with a goalkeeper that seems to make the incredible hulk look like a mere mortal yes its going to sorted on the next patch about marking and cccs but why is it just your players that falter and not the opposition.

This is just my opinion based on what you have said for what its worth, you have tried over 300 tactics, but its about finding the right tactic for the right game, i am not the most successful manager of this game, in fact i had a moan a few days ago about the inevitable mid season slump and so far i have not ventured out of the top two flights of English football.

This is because i know the majority of the players in this leagues and i have a good idea of how the clubs play and i try really hard to combat that tweaking my tactics for every game.

This might mean double marking Torres or Drogba, by adding a sweeper, or playing everything down the left wing to combat Liverpool’s Johnsons lack of defensive ability. I will play with long shots against a team like wolves who have 10 men behind the ball and hope that i go one nil up, as soon as i score i will change tactics as they will have to start to attack. I also try to put a lot of emphasise on pre match team press conference and team talks to gain any upper hand i can in a match.

This over analytical approach works well for me, how ever i have noticed that these mid season slumps i seem to always get ,come from my becoming over confidenct and getting lazy with these specific tactical decisions.

300 tactics? Come off it, the game's been out for something like 2 months so you've been using about 5 different tactics a day? Perhaps you should stick with one tactic for longer than 5 minutes.

some are different versions or tweaked version honest no I've been playing fm allot and on all forums randals, mr hough, nike defence,

baboon mourinho 41212 mu zero sea tyderbode voudu to name a few five minutes please no i play for a while in different games i have started

im havin the same problem with my game at the minute only really started to go down hill when steam installed the new patch on my save, went 3 months without a win lossed 5 in a row and can never score more than one, the tactic i was using before was my own and won me the bss title and promotion to league 2 in a row

since the patch havent kept a clean sheet in over a year since the patch and i tried everything first of all changed tactic used it for over a month no luck tried another. changed some players and got better ones i have to say still no luck ????

any help lads

Well, given you have played the game for 16 hours a day since the game came out, around 60 days, and you have tried 350 tactics, you have given each tactic 2.75 hours. Now unless you have a super computer or play with a small database and one league loaded, thats not many games for each tactic. Thats your problemo. Consistency is your friend.

And in regards to your grammar, please make an effort at least.

Maybe I was lucky but the first tactic I came up with has done me well for 5 seasons now.

Never met a superkeeper yet either. That's probably why I'm loving this version so much.

I shouldnt say that because last time I said something similar about never seeing a bug in this game yet then 1 hour later I get ripped off by some buggy penalty shoot out.

Well, given you have played the game for 16 hours a day since the game came out, around 60 days, and you have tried 350 tactics, you have given each tactic 2.75 hours. Now unless you have a super computer or play with a small database and one league loaded, thats not many games for each tactic. Thats your problemo. Consistency is your friend.

And in regards to your grammar, please make an effort at least.

ive got a new computer and my old one and ill get a correct number of tactics for you now 163 and 42 tweaked versions

Maybe I was lucky but the first tactic I came up with has done me well for 5 seasons now.

Never met a superkeeper yet either. That's probably why I'm loving this version so much.

I shouldnt say that because last time I said something similar about never seeing a bug in this game yet then 1 hour later I get ripped off by some buggy penalty shoot out.

what patch you playing???

Please don't start abusing the OP.

We all play games to enjoy them and sometimes the game can be infuriating.

I have done well with Servette and was pleased with my managerial skills.

I also had Napoli near the top of the table without much fuss.

However I am now a terrible manager with West Ham.

I am coming 11th which may seem good, but I have only won 4 matches and I am in January.

The whole tactical side of this game can be quite baffling.

I went OVERLOAD away at Liverpool and was up 2-0 at half time. I went defensive, trying to keep possession, and I ended up losing 4-2.

I then went on to dominate a whole hosts of teams Hull, Wolves and Blackburn, only to lose to their 1-2 chances while I had a hose of one on ones, and easy chances and missed them.

To be honest I feel the whole closing down side of tactics, while incorporating them with team talks has me confused. I don't know if I should have a high defensive line and pressure, or sit back and let them attack me, or have a deep line.

Maybe someone can enlighten the people doing poorly. I for one am not doing great with West Ham.

It depends on the type of players you have and the type of players you buy to what tactics you use. Somebody elses tactic might not work if you sign different types of players.

Fast defenders with a high line and little closing down is what I prefer.

ive got a new computer and my old one and ill get a correct number of tactics for you now 163 and 42 tweaked versions

And you dont think thats a bit excessive?

I've been playing the same formation for about 7 or 8 season, very successfull. Only changing strategy and shouting from the touchline.

And you dont think thats a bit excessive?

I've been playing the same formation for about 7 or 8 season, very successfull. Only changing strategy and shouting from the touchline.

maybe a little im glad you are having sucess

How do you get fast defenders? It seems that SI's researchers think every single centre back has to be slow.

:D Most backs I see for mid table sides like mine have 10-13 pace at best.

except the speed of opposition defenders

The thing that annoys me the most about FM is how I basically play brilliant football EVERY single game.

Yet I still draw games I am leading comfortably against (even though I change to possession play, time wasting etc) and I usually win or draw games with last gasp winners/equalisers.

It just seems so very random at higher levels of football.

In lower league football I thought this was the best patch ever. (10.2) I am getting a little annoyed at some of the ways I conceed goals. Usually wonder strikes or goals out of nothing - and as stated I am playing brilliantly.

So how do you fault your own tactics when this sort of thing happens? You play well every game and yet you do not win. Maybe it is just the playing personell? Well maybe not, considering they are usually playing confidently or look fired up when these results happen.

lol yeh if you change tactics every game, you will have problems.

My groan is different than the OP however, I tend to keep playing 442 and I play well.

Last game 3-0 up with 15 min to go. I play defensive, possession football...game ends 3-2. I won, but it just "had" to be an unrealistic come back...again.

I never saw this at lower level football, or in Italy with Napoli - I am just unsure why these things happen at West Ham. :D

So you've downloaded 300 tactics and made 50 of your own? (an exaggeration methinks), No wonder you can't win, you must be changing tactics every half game!!!!!!!

ya a slight one but 163 and 42 tweaked and no i have played a good few games following instructions etc however i have not used some tactics i dont like what would the point of me to lie be

I'm enjoying the game immensely, I enjoyed it more as 10.1 though.

I know people say there isn't but there is deffo a problem with the keepers, however sometimes it benefits me and sometimes it doesn.t Its the same for every team on my saved game so i take the rough with the smooth.

I have won back to back Prems and CL in first two years.

Find a formation mate, and stick with it. I would even suggest going back to the old style tactics as it worked wonders for me and then in the second season I used the new style.

Good luck.

I can co-sign that.

I started playing 4-4-2, then changed it to 4-1-2-1-2 after about a season and a half and I've only tweaked player instructions and strategy depending on opposition have now won the league twice, CL once, FA Cup twice, Europa League once, World Club Cup once, Community Shield 3 times & the Super cup once.

Now approaching my 2nd consecutive CL final in season 4 with Villa.

I think I've only played 2 or 3 games in 4 seasons where the opposition keeper has been MOM and 2 of those was definitely against Chelsea & Man U, think the other was a game against Spurs, but iirc I actually picked up points from at least 2 of those games?

i have finally reached the last straw with this game it has caused me to many nights loss of sleep its so infuriating before someone says its your tactics or your not a good manager the usual from the doom mongers etc its not my tactics i have downloaded over 300 tactics made a good 50 or more. you name it ive tried it. if your tactic is too attacking the op defenders all get high ratings and the mark your team off the field and stop you scoring with a goalkeeper that seems to make the incredible hulk look like a mere mortal yes its going to sorted on the next patch about marking and cccs but why is it just your players that falter and not the opposition.

this is what i seem to be up against

dundeeafcfacts.th.jpg

dundeearsenal.th.jpg

if you defend it doesn't matter the ai will find someway, wingers seem to be in effective in this version of fm strikers create chances but don't score if you listen to your assistant manger as of what to do it has success sometimes but rarely works. i am sick to death with trying even tactics that every one else seems to have success with. i try and try and nothing goes right i take the lead and i get conned by penaltys free kicks rubbish marking a poxy goal keeper injuries to your best players when you play the big 4 or three when you are one of them. rubbish b rate teams beat you with "Arsenal will feel hard done by but everton,wolves,villa, tottenham etc wont mind. i am sick of building up teams to find the same crap as always i am not going to bother with this game again will try the new patch but refuse to play while its in its current form its just the most frustrating version of the game so far being conned by keepers offsides free kicks long shots and rubbish players that just con you every game and this is coming from a long time fan of fm seris. bye for now will keep in these forums and wait for the final update i hope

i started to play and dundee done this to me

dundeeafcfacts.th.jpg

dundeearsenal.th.jpg

In fairness id be pretty miffed if i suffered that result with 11 chances. In fairness that happens once in a blue moon IRL, but considering the amount of people that play FM blue moons come around quite often

well if its once in a blue moon i must see alot of them

and then this happened i am definitely out till the new update

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=181742

In this case it is definitely your tactics, i.e, you change them far too often. The amount of different tactics you have tried is crazy!

Oh yes. Turn the light off and close the door on your way out...

Archived