Favourite Regen

OK so we all have our favourite players IRL, but what about favourite regens, perhaps its the 40goals a season Scottish world payer of the year, or the unbeatable keeper from the Solomon Islands. I'm in 2020 on my current game, and my entire team is regens. although i still have Ustari and Aguero. (Barcelona btw). My favourite Regen has to be my amazing central defender Maxime Said, nothing gets past him and his name is pretty cool. Also got a young french regen labelled the new Michel Platini, he hasen't quite reached the heights yet, but he has got one hell of a shot on him.

I've got a striker called Erlend Borgersen at Tromso who is immense. A guarantee of atleast a goal a game in Norway, just a shame he's injured quite a lot.

My favourite regens of all time though are Chris Jones (Single-handedly got me to a World Cup final with New Zealand), Robert Dawson (Had so many 20s and could dribble past anyone), Darren Martin (There's your 40-goal a season Scottish world player of the year) and Frits Jansen (Helped me win the Champions League with Hammerfest, and never ever moaned once about wanting to leave despite his obvious ability).

Excellent, my Scottish 40 a season man was Greig Hall, started at Liverpool and made the move to Manchester United! which was a shock, anyways i ended up managing United and he was the reason i won the champions league and premiership, scored more than Ronaldo did, 56 i think

The amazing english left back - Luke Webb. Exactly like Patrice Evra and a rising star. He is half cast with an afro and he got straight into my bench at the age of 16, and into first team rotation at 17-18. He is now 20 on my game and starting season 2011/2012 replacing Sylvain Armand.

Kanchanok Brienza.

He is a spanish regen, AMR, bought him when he was 17 for 4.8 mil on my atletico save.

As soon as i bought him he was a first teamer, he had 15 caps for spain at the age of 20 and scores loads of important goals and has pace of 20.

He is a legend!

Since i created this post i've been scouting the new batch of youngsters that are created each season, found a 15 year old called glen johnson at man utd, a really good regen, keep trying to sign him, had an offer of 7.5mil accepted but he wont come because he still has a lot to learn at united, well at least i can pick him for england, as im short of decent strikers.

Mine has to be Mattia Cerci whom i signed from Lazio for my Man Utd team when he was 15. He was in my first team at 16 and was the first regen wonderkid i saw. He's now 30 and starting to decline physical but has been awesome for me and Italy. He scores about 5-10 goals a season as well which is not bad for a full back.

got a few potential stars at arsenal on fm08, Arie MacDonald (dutch) looks great, but his face & hair combo is awful... Sam Saxton is the natural sucessor to Akinfeev, and i have a young irish forward (whos name escapes me) who my coaches are loving right now. i'm buying nothing but regens from now on.

but argentinian legends Cristian Klimowicz (thats where he got it from icon_rolleyes.gif) & Juan Favre, spaniards Joaquin Llorente & Juan Carlos Velasco, dutchman Wim Doornbos, uruguayan Gonzalo Ferro, brazilian Silvio Cavalcante and italian Riccardo Fabris are the best i've ever had on any CM/FM game.

In FM2007 I'd spent a lot time in various clubs when I got the job at a struggling Serie C2 team around 2015. In around 5 seasons I got them up to Serie A, another 2-3 and we were pushing for Euro qualification places. I finally managed to get my youth system upgraded (to good) but so far it hadn't produced anything save a half decent striker I sold for 2.6m.

But then he came...

When the new intake came along, my assistant said the best player was called Simone Barone. Didn't think about it much until a bit later I was checking my U18 team when I saw he was a D CRL which is quite uncommon for regens. I checked him and was stupified... 16 years old, all physical stats above 10, Pace and Acceleration at 16. Tackling, Anticipation, Positioning at 15 and most other defensive stats around 10 and add to that, Influence 19...

At 17 he was in the main squad, at 19 a starter, at 20 the captain. He stuck with my team for his entire career, retiring at the age of 36. He led us to 12 Serie A titles, 6 CL titles, 4 Uefa titles and various Italian cups. He also won 2 Euro's and 1 World Cup with Italy, captaining them.

My favorite part however was that in is immense career over 20 years, he scored 3 goals and made about 20 assist and despite that averaged around 7.1. He couldn't cross, shot or dribble but no-one got past him in the back and always made loads of key interceptions and tackles.

All in all, definatey my favorite regen icon_smile.gif

I've had a lot of great regens, but this guy might just become the best of them. He's managed to force Andy Carroll out of his way to become my number 1 striker this season after being a regular last season. Stefen Fredriksson, he's got pace, he's got the finishing ability and the off the ball. There are others, but this guys looks like he could become my best.

My favourite was a Romanian defensive midfielder called Tiberiu Dolha. He only had a PA of 174, but he was committed and loyal and was an excellent replacement for Hamit at FC Bayern. I took him to Barca with me, but he never settled in Spain and rather than see him unhappy I let him go to Milan, where he has been sensational and is now worth £28m (I paid £85k when he was 17).

Archived