Im using a Macbook 10.5.8. Laptop is brand new. 2Gb of Memory on laptop. I really dont think this has anything to do with the Laptop, as i have been playing football manager since November and just started a new game. Never had this problem before, worked like a dream since this happened.

Running just 1 league, season 1 only a few games in, 1 saved game.

Running nothing at the same time. It has to be a problem with the game. Worked perfectly up until about a week ago, very smooth and fast.

and in reply to liam1888 what you have is definately enough for the game.

Yeah i'd assumed it was definately be enough. Thing is though when i go into control panel and system performance it says 4gb of ram present but only 2gb is usable?

How do i change this as i guess this may be why fm10 is short of memory.

Yeah i'd assumed it was definately be enough. Thing is though when i go into control panel and system performance it says 4gb of ram present but only 2gb is usable?

How do i change this as i guess this may be why fm10 is short of memory.

Which version of Windows do you have? because I believe you need to have the 64 bit version to make full use of your ram.

im having the same problem roughly i built a phenom ii quad core 3.2 ghz black edition with 3gb ddr 3 ram i have windows 64 bit ultimate all upto date and all drivers uptodate. the problem is since i installed the latest 10.2 patch it goes soo slow mid game and takes 5 minutes to access a screen sometimes. theres no problems with my pc i dont have any extra programmes running etc. i admit i did use the editor (the one that comes with the game as i have the boxed version) but before the 10.2 patch it was running perfect and i did a full season but now its to slow.

Have you used an editor at all, either pre-game or with a FM Modifier?

I used the editor to change a couple of details pre-game. I have done this every year every patch for the last 10 years and never experienced this until 10.2. The game worked very well version 10 and 10.1 with the editor changes so i cannot imagine that to be the problem.

could anyone at SI let me know if someone is looking into this issue, it's basically stopping me from playing the game as it constantly says low on memory and just closes- disaster!

Any help much appreciated.

(I've also posted in the technical issues section.)

Archived