February lulls in performance

Have had this with 2 teams in 2 seperate saves in both season 1 + 2.

Sedan - Caned the league until February, 1 loss, mostly wins, Feb comes, we lose 3, draw 1. March onwards we play average, lots of draws, then win the last 5. Promotion. Season 2 we do the same, good start, mid table, few more losses than in season 1, Feb comes, we get pounded game on game and my top goalscorers go right off the boil. We stay up by 1 place.

Chelsea - Season 1 caned the league, undefeated, February comes we lose in the FA cup, then draw and lose throughout Feb and March. We pick up in April and win the last few games, but too little too late. Season 2 exactly the same, undefeated until feb, then lose in the cup, then draw loads, lose 1, my top forwards go goal shy, waiting to see how it will pan out but have now lost 7 points of my 8 point league lead.

Im varying tactical sets from normal to attacking tactics (no formation changes, just the mentality, etc), using in game shouts, my players arent fatigued or in need of rest, morale is high, it just seems like im not destined to win much. I know the AI can adapt itself to your tactics, but surely the game doesnt require me to change my tactics completely just to throw the AI of the scent? I dont really see this as second season syndrome either as its a season 1 problem also for both saves.

Anyone have any advice to offer, or anyone else getting the same downturns post January?

I have noticed a trend in form. I did post something similar to this a while back. It cant be the AI getting used to your tactics as I only ever use one tactic.

Pre Season = Blistering, even against teams better that mine.

Start Season = Poor/below par

Oct - Xmas = Brilliant

Jan = Woeful!

Feb - EoS = Trouncing whoever stands before me.

Season after season. Right the way up through the leagues.

I haven't had a lull but I deffo let more goals in in Jan- feb. I am in feb in my 3rd season now and I realised I had not kept a clean sheet since Dec so I twiddled the tactics. i suggest you do the same.

I play 4-4-2 so I set my CM who was a Centre Mid DEF, to Ball winning MID and also changed Centre backs to more defensive. Worked a dream last 6 results, kept clean sheets including a trip to Old trafford.

Keep your chin up mate.

Quick update. Despite my awful continuing form I won the league cup. THEN...

Lost 4-0 to united (who were in 7th)

Lost 5-0 to Arsenal (who were in 3rd)

Lost 7-0 to Inter in the Champions League

Lost 2-0 to Wolves (19th)

Message came up that the board were considering my job. Next game, home to West Brom, 9 points all season. OK I thought, time to get back on the saddle and cane them.

Chelsea 0 - WBA 4

SACKED.

Before people say its my tactics, ok, I agree, shipping 22 goals and scoring 0 in 5 games says somthing did go wrong tactically. BUT, how can a tactic work until Feb and get me 8 points clear in the league, undefeated in champs league groups and a 9-0 win in the FA cup against Everton, then suddenly pack up. I was chopping between a normal and attacking mode of the same tactic so its not like im just doing the same thing all the time. Dzeko and Gignac who were on 20 and 17 goals respectively went with 0 goals each from Feb 1st. Our only goals came from penalties and corners (and even the corners became more and more sketchy)

Really really frustrating TBH.

Archived