Idea for a new sound pack..

After many hours of thinking where can we take this next..

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=177028

I came up with a idea, the sound pack!

i know one has been done before but that seems to have stopped as the developer seems not to be online anymore

So im taking adding more sounds to FM, adding team chants starting with all the EPL teams then as time goes by moving down the divisions!

The question is where do i find all these new sounds from?

i think i know how i can get team songs etc but i need more!

So i need you help..

Me and JoeLatics have the ground work covered atm but thats not to say we wont need extra man/woman power later on!

But atm we just need help, so do you know where to get sounds from etc etc..

This hopefully will be realised with the commentary pack giving a whole new feel to fm10

Hi blue, i never did get around to trying the finished article of the commentary pack you guys did. Got a link to it? cheers :thup:

I'm using the sound pack you're talking about. It's pretty good but could be better, so, if you think you can do better, go for it! :thup:

I'll try and get a bit more involved this time around and help out anyway i can.

Ask away, not sure if i will be able to help but i will do my best :thup:

I know there was a similar problem with the soundpack with the 'aray out of bounds' bug that put you into windowed mode. The good news is, it was fixed. Maybe the fix could be a similar fix to the commentary pack?

Ask away, not sure if i will be able to help but i will do my best :thup:

I know there was a similar problem with the soundpack with the 'aray out of bounds' bug that put you into windowed mode. The good news is, it was fixed. Maybe the fix could be a similar fix to the commentary pack?

Oh right what was the fix?

Do i need to change anything in the events file if im changing the match sounds or not?

The fix to stop the array out of bounds for the soundpack was

It sounds as if it is a Config Command String that is wrongly typed or placed - having just looked at the match_sounds config in Notepad i can confirm the error:

"MATCH_SOUNDS:: play()-Unrecognised sound id string-SOUND-LIGHT_GROANS-OPPOSITION"

Is because the Command String is NOT on its own line, they are side-by-side. This can cause errors, i noticed a few command lines are side-by-side, these must be on top of each other like:

SOUND_LIGHT_GROANS, "FM_crowd_light_groans", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_LIGHT_GROANS_OPPOSITION, "FM_crowd_light_groans", 0, 4, 2, 0

Do this for ALL match_sounds in the config file that appear side-by-side. This should stop any errors poping up.

It was Nova who spotted this.

Archived