Now I'm baffled

I started a file with Rotherham last night, started getting everything into gear - tactics, a few trialists, played a few friendlies etc, all was good. I then went on again this morning, logged in, and found that I had 60 odd inbox messages, all my friendlies had been played and it was the first game of the season!

It's as if I sent myself on holiday for the remainder of the pre-season, but when I quit last night I was on the July 21st and woke up this morning on August 8th! It's like a Jonathan Creek storyline.

Can anybody explain this? I haven't encountered my first bug after half an hour of game time have I? :(

Ok, Alan Davies has popped round, taken off his duffel coat and given a very simple solution.

It seems I didn't understand the concept of having to log in when the game started up, so just continued game when the first screen came up (as you would on previous games). I then resumed doing stuff on the internet, returned to FM about 20 minutes later and it was on that screen again. I assumed I'd forgotten to continue initially, and it was still on the first screen. I then noticed the 'log in' option and did so. But because I'd actually played 20 minutes of the game without me logged in as the manager, the game had played itself out. Then, when I logged in, the game had still played out as it had when I wasn't logged in, and all the friendlies were complete! It was just coincidence that it landed on the first day of the season!

Mods, get rid of this thread. I've embarrassed myself enough :(

Archived