Incorrect decisions in FM2010

I'd be interested to know whether anyone has experienced what I would call, intentionally incorrect refereeing decisions in FM? What I mean by that is refereeing decisions that game deliberatly get wrong, e.g. incorrect offside decisions. Offside decisions, a computer game can always get right, at least in regards to whether a player is in an offside position when the ball is played.

I have yet to notice any incorrect offside decisions in the game myself. It might be nice to include incompentent refereeing in future FM's, at least to give more realism.

made the mrs jump out of her skin this very week as that arse of a ref martin atkinson dissallowed a goal by carlton cole against arsenal in injury time of my fa cup final for being offside.... he was at least 5 yards on ...

I was in pain... i screamed... the mrs dropped her tea on the cat.... good times

Keep an eye open for the in-game commentary saying "Did that goal look a bit dubious!!?", then watch a replay, and with judicious use of pausing one can determine whether the goal was genuinely offside, and legitimately complain about the ref in the post match interview. Sometimes it's because of a foul in the box, and until the 3D engine is much better we'll never be able to make an informed decision on those sorts of controversy.

Keep an eye open for the in-game commentary saying "Did that goal look a bit dubious!!?", then watch a replay, and with judicious use of pausing one can determine whether the goal was genuinely offside, and legitimately complain about the ref in the post match interview. Sometimes it's because of a foul in the box, and until the 3D engine is much better we'll never be able to make an informed decision on those sorts of controversy.

That's what I look out for as if I complain without seeing that commentary in game I always get fined. You're right in that sometimes it can be difficult to see it via the reply so seeing the "Did that goal look a bit dubious!!?" commentary (plus the highights) makes my mind up that the decision is wrong...as I say, always against me! :(

But what about post-match complaints always turning out to be wrong, because the ref got it right after all?

I don't think I've ever had ONE decision against me which was later on proved as wrong.

Officials have attributes as players do, not sure what they are or how they work but I've often thought it would be interesting to see them.

Unfortunately I imagine there'd be a lot of lawsuits if the researchers opinions were to be visible as attributes:)

Archived