Media pressure

When a player is playing well over a period of time, they often get praised in the media. But for some players this has an unsettling effect. Why do some players get unsettled when others don't. At first I had never encountered this when I was playing as a club that is playing for the title, but now I'm playing a smaller club and I seem to get this a lot. Also, whenever one of my players is having problems with media pressure, the coach of the next opposition always makes a remark about my player in the media. This results in a terrible performance from my player when playing that opposition. Is there any way to counter these remarks from opposition coaches? Perhaps through team talks? Or should I just decide not to play that particular player against that opponent?

Some players can't handle the media pressure, i think its one of the hidden player stats either 'Pressuer' or 'Tempermant' that determine how a player reacts to media pressure. Could be wrong though.

Yeah its anoyying when the opposition makes a remark about a player before match who is already 'feeling the pressure of media speculation'

But i like it, the opposition manger is being clever and sly by doing this, makes it feel more competitive. So what i do is, just look through their squad and if i see a player who is unhappy i make a comment on that player.

Fight fire with fire. :D

Archived