I see the Match commentary is still rubbish

Classic example of this, in my currant game my keeper saved the ball which then went out for a throw-in. The commentary states that my keeper turned the ball behind.

atleast its not match prediction.. i expect xxx will loose..

"i am happy to be on my prediction than xxx actually won "

that one is so annoying.. i wish i could turn it off..

If you dislike part of the engine its best to provide as much information as possible, add a screenshot or even upload a pkm so it can be fixed for the patch. :)

It might be worth putting this in the bugs forum with that information, as its much more likely to be logged a lot quicker that way.

One thing that annoys me, even though it's not serious at all, is the line 'puts the ball into row Z' when the ball has barely left the pitch! Once the ball actually curled out of play and back onto the pitch again and it still said it was in row Z!

You have a currant game? That must look fantastic...and sort of weird too!

Not as good as a raisin game though ;)

Occasionally, a cross will be blocked, and something like "X crosses low to the far post" will come up. How can the commentator judge such things when the cross was blocked at point blank range?

• 3 weeks later...

My fave is the constant "Player so&so gets his fingertips to it" when he's rebounded a 60 mile/hour shot 20 yards away from his goal; really, if he'd done that with his fingerTIPS he'd have some shattered cartilage, or at the very least be doomed to some serious arthritic issues later in life.

I once seen it say "billy connolly cleanly tackled billy connolly" yet I was the only team with a player called that.

maybe the commentator thought he should be some sort of comedian as well lol

i dont like the fact the commentary says how a goal was scored and then the news after says something different.

i had a player score with his foot from about 12 yards, it was called a 'trademark finish. ok i agree with this as i can see it was. after tho on the news it said it was scored with ' a diving header'. some difference!

"[team] won't believe they've lost this!" (You just got beat by the bottom-placed club, you are managing the league leaders. They hadn't won in 20 matches and morale was rock bottom but they amazingly end your team's 25-game unbeaten streak by summoning the powers of Zidane, Maradonna, Cryuff, Pele, Hurst, Banks, Ronaldo etc)

"It skimmed the top of the bar!" (It was easily ten yards over)

"Lovely move by [team], their fans sound their appreciation!" (In response to a Barcelona-esque 30-yard pass and move attack from York, or Woking, Histon, Northwich Victoria etc).

"[Player] will have to take the blame for that goal!" (In truth it was just a good goal all round and no individual player was to blame, but FM loves a scapegoat)

"[Player]'s poor back pass put [Team] in big trouble!" (After a random moment of stupidity from a world-class defender; he passed the ball into open space in front of his keeper while under no pressure whatsoever.)

"[Team] certainly showed they are no pushovers here!" (See the first one, except this was a draw where you got 'lucky' or they scored and amazing 35-yard screamer of an equaliser in the 7th minute of added time. 3 minutes were originally allocated)

/satire

then change the commentary... its easy enough to do.. and available there to do so... or dl one of the few commentary packs around... sigh

My complaint is about the inaccuracies of the commentary in relation to what I've just seen - perhaps SI should get it right.

Archived