African Regens & Youth Players And National Youth Tournaments

Should There Be An African Youth National Competition  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Should There Be An African Youth National Competition

• Yes
    • No

To be honest i really think within FM10 and other FM'S African regens and normal african young players are very underated. For example if you look at the U20 World Cup in real life African nations usually don't do to bad in them infact Ghana won the U20 World Cup in 2009 (Beating Brazil in the final) and with Nigeria also winning the U17 World Cup. But on FM the big names like Brazil,Italy and spain always win these youth competitions and i really don't understand why since in real life african youth have proven to be as good or even better then south american youth players or european youth players. I really don't know why on the game African youth cant compete with the european's or South Americans. Another problem is since the youth system on FM in Africa is poor it's really hard to find good regens there, really hard but if i go to south america i always will find not just a good one but a fantastic one it is really hard to find the next eto or Essien. All im asking is for SI next time to make better african regens because as it stands 1/10 are good on on the game.

And how comes on FM10 African U20 & U17 youth chapionship are not available. I think it's substantial that since the european and south america even asain youth champinships are active why not the african youth championships?

To be honest i really think within FM10 and other FM'S African regens and normal african young players are very underated. For example if you look at the U20 World Cup in real life African nations usually don't do to bad in them infact Ghana won the U20 World Cup in 2009 (Beating Brazil in the final) and with Nigeria also winning the U17 World Cup. But on FM the big names like Brazil,Italy and spain always win these youth competitions and i really don't understand why since in real life african youth have proven to be as good or even better then south american youth players or european youth players. I really don't know why on the game African youth cant compete with the european's or South Americans. Another problem is since the youth system on FM in Africa is poor it's really hard to find good regens there, really hard but if i go to south america i always will find not just a good one but a fantastic one it is really hard to find the next eto or Essien. All im asking is for SI next time to make better african regens because as it stands 1/10 are good on on the game.

And how comes on FM10 African U20 & U17 youth chapionship are not available. I think it's substantial that since the european and south america even asain youth champinships are active why not the african youth championships?

I agree completely.

But whats the heck its not like SI are going to listen to me anyway. Not one person from there team has even responded on this thread.

Whoa, the thread has only been up a few hours... SI doesn't respond in writing to every thread out there. You can't really have that expectation. But they do read the forums reguarly and other community members will also be able to respond and add to the conversation.

I like scouting Africa for young talent. Often find some good youngsters or first team talent for very affordable prices there. Being able to scout a Youth competition would be a great addition! Check out the Editor's Forum, maybe someone has made that competition you're looking for!

Agreed. I do like the African Footballers, Very Athletic Build most of them. Great Players I find.

Thanks Friend. If only someone from SI would read this thread and try to acknowledge what i am saying. Because i find it really sad that on FM you can find good regens any where apart from Africa also the is not 1 AFRICAN youth tournament on the game not 1. But yet there is for other Continents.

Threads with good, civil, and constructive conversations are very likely to catch SI's attention.

When you set up a game, do you often retain African players, load their international players, or load African leagues? I've always found that the large database alone doesn't have that many African players who are based in Africa for me to scout and discover.

Yeah. Retaining all African players, plus adding 1000 to the reps of the major African nations and teams, plus creating the Nigerian, Egyptian, Ghanaian leagues, before starting my FM save, have led to a respectable amount of decent African regens. The lack of the u-20 is an aggregious and irreperable ommision though.

How many African players are retained in the database, by the way? Do you play in Africa, or just want the extra players there for scouting and purchase?

Mainly for scouting and purchasing and so i can see more african players in the premier league but i also manage the Ghana squad and take great interest in the youth. And since im the Ghana manager the lack of quality coming from the youth is and will continue to affect me. We got punished by England U20 in the U20 World Cup 3-0 whiles in real life it probably be the opposite score (3-0 Ghana). I also have created a ghanian league 2 infact with a youth system.

The main reason why i created this thread is that i wanted to get the attention of SI of so they can add some sort of African National Youth Competition (African U20 Championship) to the next patch or FM2011, in doing this it will bring good Regens.

Plus if there is a South American Youth competition , European Youth Competition and also a Asian Youth Competition why not an African One?

While I agree with the general sentiment that we're missing a good chunk of research with regards to African football, there really isn't' a whole lot they can do about it if they can't get the research. Getting research for the more developed nations in Africa probably isn't overly difficult, but for the third world nations, finding research is extremely difficult. If you think you can help, I would suggest trying to contact the African research team to help them in their effort to make FM Database as accurate as it can be.

By the way, when you say "SI don't really care" or "SI will never comment", you're assuring that SI will probably never comment, and putting yourself at risk of sounding childish. I would really try to cut SI some slack, as they are the most responsive development team that I've ever heard of. If they don't respond, it doesn't mean they haven't read it and desire to fix things. They aren't thinking to themselves "Nah, African football is perfectly modeled in FM already, what are they thinking?", but rather "Yeah, we know that African research is hard to come by, if you can help great, but you're basically pointing out something we already know."

If you think that the African players that are already in the game are underrated, I would take that issue to the Data Issues forum. If you have help to offer with regards to players who aren't in the database, I would take that to the data forum as well. Clubs, coaches, etc that aren't in the database can be offered as research over there too. Remember though that you need evidence of these things.

While I agree with the general sentiment that we're missing a good chunk of research with regards to African football, there really isn't' a whole lot they can do about it if they can't get the research. Getting research for the more developed nations in Africa probably isn't overly difficult, but for the third world nations, finding research is extremely difficult. If you think you can help, I would suggest trying to contact the African research team to help them in their effort to make FM Database as accurate as it can be.

By the way, when you say "SI don't really care" or "SI will never comment", you're assuring that SI will probably never comment, and putting yourself at risk of sounding childish. I would really try to cut SI some slack, as they are the most responsive development team that I've ever heard of. If they don't respond, it doesn't mean they haven't read it and desire to fix things. They aren't thinking to themselves "Nah, African football is perfectly modeled in FM already, what are they thinking?", but rather "Yeah, we know that African research is hard to come by, if you can help great, but you're basically pointing out something we already know."

If you think that the African players that are already in the game are underrated, I would take that issue to the Data Issues forum. If you have help to offer with regards to players who aren't in the database, I would take that to the data forum as well. Clubs, coaches, etc that aren't in the database can be offered as research over there too. Remember though that you need evidence of these things.

You got me all wrong friend. Im not saying that SI really don't care and it is true what you said they are very responsive. What i said was i HOPED someone from the team came along this page and took my idea seriously. I will never insult SI they make great games like Football Manager lol They are a good team. But hopefully one can come across this thread.

You got me all wrong friend. Im not saying that SI really don't care and it is true what you said they are very responsive. What i said was i HOPED someone from the team came along this page and took my idea seriously. I will never insult SI they make great games like Football Manager lol They are a good team. But hopefully one can come across this thread.

I actually wasn't referring to you, but some of the other posters. I apologize for not making that clear.

what extra deeply hidden research do they need to do to add an adequete level of african youth newgens? the game creates them anyway so you don't need any attribute research of some smalltime club youth players. there is a random ca/pa attribute setting in the editor anyway that can also be adjusted to the appropriate level.

I would bet you my 360 that no one from si would bother replying let alone read it. I have made lots of threads like this myself and always asked for replies but never get any.

2007 was very good for newgen consistency except for african youth which has always been neglected, 2009 at least had some level of long term playability. they don't really care though because everyone will just buy the game every year and they will get to the top of the charts so they really dont have to care about the long term playability.

I imagine the only way you will get your wish is if si's hand is forced by an African team winning the world cup or something.

it can't be that hard to find out basic team, stadia and competition details to put some sort of framework in. wouldn't be surprised if it's on wikapedia to be honest. I hope the second patch fixes the jumping issue because this years version could really be a game with long term playability. as of now playing past 5 years seems silly.

even fifa and the old lma manager had some decent african newgens and even club names :-p. Am I wrong in thinking that european clubs are setting up academies all over africa more and more?

Not one person from there team has even responded on this thread.

Possibly THE single stupidedest post I've read in a long time. If we want them working on the game, they can't respond to every thread within a few hours. While I'd rather more realistic distribution of good quality newgens, I really don't care who wins an under whatever world cup, and I think most people would agree.

What will that actually do ? Will there be more or better regens for nations with higher reputation ?

I find that it leads to both. Though considering the myriad of changes I make, it is hard to parse out which result is a direct consequence of specific change.

Possibly THE single stupidedest post I've read in a long time. If we want them working on the game, they can't respond to every thread within a few hours. While I'd rather more realistic distribution of good quality newgens, I really don't care who wins an under whatever world cup, and I think most people would agree.

If you don't like a statement someone makes, move on to the next thread. No need to sling insults.

I find that it leads to both. Though considering the myriad of changes I make, it is hard to parse out which result is a direct consequence of specific change.

Thanks, I'll try that when starting my next save :thup:

The regens of basically all the African superpowers have been extremely disappointing for me so far, ironically Mali as a second string team always has a crapload of PA 170+ regens :confused:

Anyway, did anyone figure out yet if we can add the African youth tournaments using the editor ? I can do some basic editing, but couldn't figure out how to add competitions with national teams.

i agree with the poster above. im all for these comps to be included.

Wow some people are actually agreeing with me.I really do think it is substantial that since South America, Europe and Asia have National Youth Championships why not Africa. Plus it will bring in more African Future stars on the game.

Hopefully this thread will catch the attention of SI soon. Please keep commenting lol.

• SI Staff

I don't think it's very likely that these competitions will be added by ourselves. We only currently have the South African league in the game from that continent.

What I think is more likely is expanding the editor to allow these sort of competitions to created by the user.

But we always review everything each year so who knows what may happen in the future.

If you want quality african regens, then you can always edit the african teams to have better youth facilities and give them a youth academy. You will get a few good african regens come through like that. :thup: But I agree that there isn't a very good focus on young African players. For example Nigeria have a very good youth team, with players like Macauley Chrisantus being excellent. But the chances of having an African player coming through like that, apart from the odd Nigerian and Ghanaian, isn't good, especially at the beginning.

Thanks. At least someone could be botherd to comment on my rant and agrees with me.
Not one person from there team has even responded on this thread.

Don't be so sensitive. Responses will come.

Re: The OP, I do agree. I'm currently managing in SA and it is tough to find good quality regens, in particular in SA. For an entire continent there should be a couple of youth tournaments, and I was actually very disappointed to learn that there weren't any when I became the Cameroon U21 manager :thdn:.

:rolleyes:

I don't think it's very likely that these competitions will be added by ourselves. We only currently have the South African league in the game from that continent.

What I think is more likely is expanding the editor to allow these sort of competitions to created by the user.

But we always review everything each year so who knows what may happen in the future.

Thanks for the response. I will like to see if my idea will come to light in the future.

I know you have already explained that there is only one African league in that continent but why can't you just create a National Youth African Tournament full of regens and also i highly doubt that anyone even plays in the asain continent, I only activate one league in the Asain continent, (The Chinese League) which means it would limit the amount of youths but yet there youth tournaments still go on. So why Can't you do this for Africa?

Yeah. Retaining all African players, plus adding 1000 to the reps of the major African nations and teams, plus creating the Nigerian, Egyptian, Ghanaian leagues, before starting my FM save, have led to a respectable amount of decent African regens. The lack of the u-20 is an aggregious and irreperable ommision though.

How can you create the african leagues? Is it possible?

when ter replied - some dude just lost his 360

LOL

But i agree, the one problem i have is there really doesnt seem to be any good african regens, which bothers me slightly, as it seems weird. However there are still some good ones, in my games ive found a world class egyptian regen, a great goalie from Gabon and a few other - but there doesnt seem to be enough.

Golaxi - you owe someone a 360, bad luck :p

How can you create the african leagues? Is it possible?

The Nigerian, Tunisian, Egyptian, and the Morrocan leagues already exist, you just have to activate them. The Ghanaian and the rest, you have to create from scratch in the editor.

• SI Staff

There are some unofficial African league patches in the editor's forum made by people who want to further their enjoyment of the game:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=173843 - African Project Links

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=167830 - Cameroon Leagues

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=176798 - Mali Leagues

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=162876 - FuryG's unofficial data update adds up to 5,000 African players

If somebody finds a problem with African player data. Please point it out here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=153461

I'm responsible for a lot of the smaller African nations and I'm always looking to improve the data.

I noticed this in fm09 and made a post about it on FMbase.

Most people agreed, down the line when the game is mostly regens, there are a few star african players (most being dual nationality with Germany) and most African regens are just rubbish.

why don't you just increase the rep and youth facilities of the big african clubs? maybe someone should modify using the editor to create a "Super African League" Where you have the best teams from the best african countries (Asec, hearts of oak, coton sports, etc). To create better compitition and a better league structure with more funding to try and increase the talent level of newgens?

just a thought

The Nigerian, Tunisian, Egyptian, and the Morrocan leagues already exist, you just have to activate them. The Ghanaian and the rest, you have to create from scratch in the editor.

Your the guy i need how do you activate tournaments.

Africa's not a country.

Besides, we all know the real reason why African nations like Nigeria do well in under-age competition is because most of their youth players fudge around with their age, I thought that was common knowledge? It wasn't that long ago that most of the Nigerian squad were sent home from the under 17 (or was it u-19?) World Cup after failing bone ct scans.

Archived