Changing backroom staff for international squads

I just managed to secure a job as Ghana's national coach (despite my newly promoted Nottingham Forest team laboring in 17th place in the Premiership). Figured my backroom staff were ***** and sacked the lot of them and now I've found myself struggling to hire new staff - heck, even unemployed peeps don't want to work for Ghana (or is it just that they don't want to work for me? ;p)

Anyone has any experience trying to revamp their backroom staff whilst managing a national team?

I've also found that FM2010 seems to be lacking slightly with regards to options for national team managers. It's not a straightforward task when you're searching for new staff for your backroom. Maybe I need to explore the job centre?

I put out a job advert in the Jobs section and get applicants. Some bad, some decent, and it takes a little while. But eventually you do get staff. The other posters are right, though, as most staff don't want to join a national team. You're not really picking from ALL the staff, only some will be interested.

I put out a job advert in the Jobs section and get applicants. Some bad, some decent, and it takes a little while. But eventually you do get staff. The other posters are right, though, as most staff don't want to join a national team. You're not really picking from ALL the staff, only some will be interested.

All this certainly helps... I kinda guessed that only those of the same nationality as the country you're managing would be interested in the jobs. Sucks that for memory considerations I only chose the English database. Ah well.. I've placed several job adverts via the job centre so hopefully I get some decent applicants..

I was managing the national team of Panama. There was one Panamanian staff member, who had no value for any position. I fired him and put out ads for an Assistant Manager, coaches, and physios. It took awhile, but I started getting staff responses to my ad. Some were lousy, so I took my time and only hired decent applicants. Don't feel like you have to take the first batch you get; on the other hand, there's no cost to hiring/firing national team coaches, so you have the option of taking someone, then upgrading as someone better becomes available. However in my experience, don't expect coaches of anywhere near the caliber you'll have on your club team. If I recall, a new batch of applicants would show up in the mailbox every month or so.

The bulk of the applicants were Mexican, American, Brazilian, or Colombian. I got the impression that managers of the same or nearby regions would be interested in the position. There were no European responses to my ad.

Well im also a ghana manager on the game aswell. And by god its hard to try and get a decent national staff. The only applicants were ghanian and were only if not half decent. Also Hired a manager for the U20 ghana World Cup squad. And if he doesnt preform im gona sack him lol.

Archived