The New Zealand Challenge

I have been thinking about this challenge for a while, and never really got it going, being bored with my current career game I have decided to give this a go and set it out here so anyone who would like to join in can, and also follow my progress in a serious long term game.

The Premise

The Wellington Phoenix are a newly created team in the Australian A-League, they have grown from the previously useless New Zealand Knights. The team has moved its base from Auckland to Wellington and hired [insert your name here] as their manager. Your job is to qualify the Wellington Phoenix to the continental competition. As they are the only playable New Zealand team in FM 08 this will play similar to the San Marino Double Challenge.

The Set-up

The minimum for the challenge would be the Australian A-League and load all players from New Zealand for stage two of the challenge. For Stage 3, the part I feel will be the hardest it will require loading at least the English Premier League. (I have loaded all English Leagues). Your Manager should have New Zealand Nationality and Favourite team as Wellington Phoenix. Set your reputation to automatic, when finished it should look like this.

The Challenge

Stage 1

Take Wellington Phoenix FC to an Australian A-League Title and qualification for the Continental Competition.

Stage 2

Get yourself the job as manager of New Zealand's national team and qualify for the Knock-out stage of the World Cup.

Stage 3

Takeover any team in England, gain yourself a job and bring through some of your New Zealand stars. Your challenge here is to win the English Premier League with a Starting XI with at least 5 New Zealanders in it.

Extras

It may take you a while to get the New Zealand Job, so some extra leagues to ply your trade may help, the other option is to lift the performance of the Phoenix and possibly win a continental competition. In the second stage there is obviously winning the World Cup, but there are several other options including wins in the Oceania Cup of Nations, and possibly the Federations Cup. And in the third stage there are all the options you expect in any English game.

Rules of the Thread

Player Naming is allowed, we will probably all start with the same players anyway.

The minimum at the end of each season is a screenshot of your Manager, League Table and any special achievements. Anything else is up to you.

To start, a screenshot of your manager on the first day is necessary.

So everyone have fun and good luck, I am going to go and start it up right away.

For signing players, You have to get them on trial or be able to scout them before signing, or have had them play for you in the past. Otherwise sign away.

PS. Any Leagues you want to load extra to the necessary is up to you.

I have been thinking about this challenge for a while, and never really got it going, being bored with my current career game I have decided to give this a go and set it out here so anyone who would like to join in can, and also follow my progress in a serious long term game.

The Premise

The Wellington Phoenix are a newly created team in the Australian A-League, they have grown from the previously useless New Zealand Knights. The team has moved its base from Auckland to Wellington and hired [insert your name here] as their manager. Your job is to qualify the Wellington Phoenix to the continental competition. As they are the only playable New Zealand team in FM 08 this will play similar to the San Marino Double Challenge.

The Set-up

The minimum for the challenge would be the Australian A-League and load all players from New Zealand for stage two of the challenge. For Stage 3, the part I feel will be the hardest it will require loading at least the English Premier League. (I have loaded all English Leagues). Your Manager should have New Zealand Nationality and Favourite team as Wellington Phoenix. Set your reputation to automatic, when finished it should look like this.

The Challenge

Stage 1

Take Wellington Phoenix FC to an Australian A-League Title and qualification for the Continental Competition.

Stage 2

Get yourself the job as manager of New Zealand's national team and qualify for the Knock-out stage of the World Cup.

Stage 3

Takeover any team in England, gain yourself a job and bring through some of your New Zealand stars. Your challenge here is to win the English Premier League with a Starting XI with at least 5 New Zealanders in it.

Extras

It may take you a while to get the New Zealand Job, so some extra leagues to ply your trade may help, the other option is to lift the performance of the Phoenix and possibly win a continental competition. In the second stage there is obviously winning the World Cup, but there are several other options including wins in the Oceania Cup of Nations, and possibly the Federations Cup. And in the third stage there are all the options you expect in any English game.

Rules of the Thread

Player Naming is allowed, we will probably all start with the same players anyway.

The minimum at the end of each season is a screenshot of your Manager, League Table and any special achievements. Anything else is up to you.

To start, a screenshot of your manager on the first day is necessary.

So everyone have fun and good luck, I am going to go and start it up right away.

For signing players, You have to get them on trial or be able to scout them before signing, or have had them play for you in the past. Otherwise sign away.

PS. Any Leagues you want to load extra to the necessary is up to you.

So I started this challenge.

Des Tiny takes over the Mighty Wellington Phoenix, the board want him to qualify for Continental Competition, Des agrees and takes up the challenge. To start his season he decides to go on a tour of New Zealand. With four matches scheduled for early June, Des prepares the squad.

New Zealand Tour - Stage 1

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

at Central Utd 4-0 HT: 3-0 MoM: Daniel

Brownlie (24) Lia (26) Daniel (40) Moss (48)

atr Otago Utd 6-1 HT: 3-1 MoM: Dodd

Brownlie (11,44) Rees (39) Dodd (67,70,90)

at Team Wellington 4-1 HT: 1-0 MoM: Elrich

Dodd (37) Elrich (49) Draper (63) Christie (88)

at Waitakere Utd 4-4 HT: 3-1

Daniel (3) Johnson (32) Moss (38) Brown (61)

</pre>

Well Des was most impressed with Dodd's Hatrick against Otago, this put him from a reserve position to a being the team's starting Central defender. Dodd was looking like he could be something special for the club. Other players to make an impact were, Glen Moss the scoring keeper, Tim Brown the provider, and Daniel the machine of the team, always involved.

Des had by this stage managed to bring in five signings to bolster his team ranks, bringing him to twenty-four players after he had released three players he didn't feel would make his squad. He was very keen to build up the defense and his transfers reflected this. Bringing in two more international players, meant he had reached his limit of four, it also left him with one player more than allowed in an A-League squad, so he had a dilemma he hoped to solve. Did he require three goalkeepers, or three strikers?

For his next challenge, Des decided to run his squad off to American Samoa.

Hey mate, as a new zealander, and Wellington Phoenix fan, im gunna have to join you in this one. Will set it up tomorrow as its almost midnight here, and if I start now i'll be up all hours.

Anyway nice preseason, and for what its worth, Waitakere City, who you drew against won the National title last weekend and feature ex Wolves veterans Neil Emblem, and Darren Bazeley.

Also, on another note, what specs you running in your game, loaded any extra nations etc.?

Good luck icon_wink.gif

Well Des got to American Samoa for four quick friendlies before heading home. He had decided to base his team in Pago, with three games, before heading off to play The Renegades. He was hopeful of some good results, and thought that his team should win all four games with ease, but there was a rumor of some great goalkeepers playing here.

at Pago Boys 2-0 HT: 2-0 MoM: Campos

Campos (32) Brownlie (33)

at Pago Eagles 2-0 HT: 2-0 MoM: Rees

Brownlie (14) Rees (45)

at Pago Pago 2-0 HT: 1-0 MoM: Brownlie

Brownlie (7) Campos (59)

at Renegades 3-2 HT: 1-1 MoM: Elrich

Elric (19) Smeltz (50) Moss (56)

</pre>

Des was happy to have won all the games in American Samoa, but was disappointed to have only scored nine goals in the process. He was looking forward to getting back to New Zealand and seeing how he would compete when taking on the remaining teams in the NZFC. Several players were beginning to stand out as possible stars of the season, Moss was still scoring from Free Kicks and doing well between the sticks. Daniel seems to be involved in everything, Brownlie just keeps putting them into the net, with six goals so far in eight games. Elrich is burning it up on the right wing with a couple of goals, and two Man of the Match awards. Campos is solid in the midfield and seems to be able to provide chances at will.

The season is looking like it might be promising, the only question that still remains is how the team will do when it meets the tougher competition of the other A-League teams.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davidmcain:

Hey mate, as a new zealander, and Wellington Phoenix fan, im gunna have to join you in this one. Will set it up tomorrow as its almost midnight here, and if I start now i'll be up all hours.

Anyway nice preseason, and for what its worth, Waitakere City, who you drew against won the National title last weekend and feature ex Wolves veterans Neil Emblem, and Darren Bazeley.

Also, on another note, what specs you running in your game, loaded any extra nations etc.?

Good luck icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also am a Kiwi, living in Wellington. I've been planning something like this for a while, but just never got around to it, since I have started this game I have had three nights with a lack of sleep haha. Huge scouting and trial mission before I started playing games. I decided to go with no extra nations loaded, just Australia and England right to the bottom, if I am struggling to get the New Zealand job I may head to England early and then come back to take the job we will see. And yeah I know they won the NZFC, was still disappointed to draw, though it seems to be a trend getting a close one in the final game of each section. We'll see how it goes in my second New Zealand tour, when i meet the rest of the NZ teams before the Preseason cup.

I am thinking for myself and sleep the best option is probably to just finish one section each night and split it up like that, otherwise I will never sleep as you say.

Des Tiny headed with his squad back home for a second short tour of the NZFC clubs before heading to Sydney for their first game in the Australian Pre-Season Cup. Tiny was hoping that he could decide on his top squad and work out any remaining kinks before they faced the strength of Australian Football.

at YoungHeart 3-2 HT: 1-1 MoM: Elrich

at Auck City 1-1 HT: 0-1 MoM: Paston

at Cantebury 3-0 HT: 2-0 MoM: Moss

Johnson (28) Moss (38,82)

at Hawkes Bay 1-2 HT: 1-1

Moss (28)

at Waikato 3-3 HT: 2-1

Campos (17) OG (26) Old (90)

</pre>

Well with these matches being a lot harder fought, Tiny was a little worried as he headed into the Cup, and the beginning of the real competition this season. He packed up the team and headed to Sydney for their first match in the Pre-Season Cup Group B.

at Sydney FC 2-1 HT: 0-0

Johnson (57) Brown (71)

vs Queensland 1-1 HT: 0-1 Att: 7544 MoM: Daniel

vs Central Coast 0-3 HT: 0-1 Att: 7445

at Perth Glory 3-5 HT: 1-3

Johnson (19) Elrich (82,pen 90)

at Adelaide Utd 3-1 HT: 1-0 MoM: Brown

Barbarouses (4) Brown (62,90)

</pre>

Des was not happy with the middle of this competition, but at the start and the end his team had shown they could be competitive, to go through five games with two wins, a draw and two losses was almost acceptable. Tiny decided to give the players a break until the season proper starts on August 26th. With only training to concentrate on he is hoping they can improve and also think about their previous performances.

Star Players

Johnson - Classic Defensive Midfielder, and a real provider for others.

Elrich - The star on the right wing, with five goals, seven assists and three man of the match awards in his eighteen appearances he is one of the first names on the team sheet.

Daniel - The man on the left wing is not wanting to be shown up by Elrich and is similarly involved in everything.

Brownlie - He has hit a bit of a light patch when it comes to scoring, but Des continues to select him hoping to drag him out of it eventually.

Moss - Not only is he stellar at stopping the shots, he has perked up to score six goals of his own so far this season, including two in one game against Cantebury.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Des Tiny:

Des Tiny headed with his squad back home for a second short tour of the NZFC clubs before heading to Sydney for their first game in the Australian Pre-Season Cup. Tiny was hoping that he could decide on his top squad and work out any remaining kinks before they faced the strength of Australian Football.

at YoungHeart 3-2 HT: 1-1 MoM: Elrich

Johnson (7) Elrich (35) Daniel (79)

at Auck City 1-1 HT: 0-1 MoM: Paston

Paston (86)

at Cantebury 3-0 HT: 2-0 MoM: Moss

Johnson (28) Moss (38,82)

at Hawkes Bay 1-2 HT: 1-1

Moss (28)

at Waikato 3-3 HT: 2-1

Campos (17) OG (26) Old (90)

</pre>

Well with these matches being a lot harder fought, Tiny was a little worried as he headed into the Cup, and the beginning of the real competition this season. He packed up the team and headed to Sydney for their first match in the Pre-Season Cup Group B.

at Sydney FC 2-1 HT: 0-0

Johnson (57) Brown (71)

vs Queensland 1-1 HT: 0-1 Att: 7544 MoM: Daniel

vs Central Coast 0-3 HT: 0-1 Att: 7445

at Perth Glory 3-5 HT: 1-3

Johnson (19) Elrich (82,pen 90)

at Adelaide Utd 3-1 HT: 1-0 MoM: Brown

Barbarouses (4) Brown (62,90)

</pre>

Des was not happy with the middle of this competition, but at the start and the end his team had shown they could be competitive, to go through five games with two wins, a draw and two losses was almost acceptable. Tiny decided to give the players a break until the season proper starts on August 26th. With only training to concentrate on he is hoping they can improve and also think about their previous performances.

Star Players

Johnson - Classic Defensive Midfielder, and a real provider for others.

Elrich - The star on the right wing, with five goals, seven assists and three man of the match awards in his eighteen appearances he is one of the first names on the team sheet.

Daniel - The man on the left wing is not wanting to be shown up by Elrich and is similarly involved in everything.

Brownlie - He has hit a bit of a light patch when it comes to scoring, but Des continues to select him hoping to drag him out of it eventually.

Moss - Not only is he stellar at stopping the shots, he has perked up to score six goals of his own so far this season, including two in one game against Cantebury. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I have finished my first season. In a respecatble 6th, instantly got offered a contract extension til 2010 and accepted immediately. So now I have still two years to try and get to the top. I will do a full update 2moro afternoon. so in about 16-18 hours and then you will see what happened, and also probably a Pre-Season update of this new season as well.

Well Des Tiny started into the Hyundai A-League for Wellington's first season hoping for a good season, his own thoughts were for an aim at 5th place. The season was clearly split into three sections of seven games, so he wanted to be on target at the end of each section.

Stage 1

vs Melbourne 1-1 HT: 0-0 Att: 9412

Felipe(Campos) (72)

at Mariners 1-3 HT: 0-1

Aloisi (75)

vs Newcastle 4-0 HT: 1-0 Att: 9324 MoM: Brownlie

Brownlie (8,72) Brown (69) Felipe (89)

at Sydney FC 0-1 HT: 0-0

vs Adelaide 5-1 HT: 4-1 Att: 9378 MoM: Felipe

Brownlie (12,32) Felipe (16,29) Smeltz (79)

vs Perth Glory 1-1 HT: 0-0 Att: 9218 MoM: Daniel

Daniel (67)

at Queensland 0-0 HT: 0-0

</pre>

Des Tiny was happy with the way his team performed at home, but disappointed with his teams effort away from home and told his team such in almost every match. He headed into the second section of the competition hoping for some better performances away from home and in a tight battle for the final spot in the playoffs.

Stage 2

at Newcastle 2-4 HT: 2-0 MoM: Felipe

Felipe (35,43)

vs Mariners 2-1 HT: 1-0 Att: 9221 MoM: Barbarouses

Barbarouses (19) Brownlie (86)

at Adelaide 1-4 HT: 0-2

Brownlie (76)

at Perth Glory 1-2 HT: 0-1

Brownlie (62)

at Queensland 1-0 HT: 1-0 MoM: Smeltz

Smeltz (39)

at Melbourne 1-1 HT: 0-1

Smeltz (90)

vs Sydney FC 1-0 HT: 0-0 Att: 9408

Daniel (81)

</pre>

With 5 away games from seven in this section Des had been worried about the season going into this second stage and his worry proved true to only gain 10 points from 7 games was just not acceptable, and a poor run through the middle. It all left him thinking that this season was a right off and he should concentrate on next season.

Stage 3

vs Adelaide 2-1 HT: 2-0 Att: 9469 MoM: Brownlie

OG (27) Brownlie (45)

vs Perth Glory 2-3 HT: 2-1 Att: 9686

Barbarouses (22) Daniel (43)

vs Queensland 1-1 HT: 0-1 Att: 9735 MoM: Barbarouses

Smeltz (52)

at Newcastle 1-4 HT: 0-4

Smeltz (69)

vs Sydney FC 1-1 HT: 1-1 Att: 9313 MoM: Aloisi

Aloisi (2)

at Melbourne 0-2 HT: 0-0

at Mariners 3-4 HT: 1-3

Smeltz (41) Brownlie (75) Brown (77)

</pre>

Well with one game to go against the Mariners, Wellington could still make the playoffs in 4th spot if they could but take a victory. Even a single goal winner would have given them the spot, but the loss to Central Coast dumped the team to 6th and Des as disappointed, but with the fans happy and the board happy, though disappointed at his financial control, Des was offered a contract extension til 2010, meaning he had two more years to build the squad and aim at winning the title. Des had been eyeing up a few players during the season and now decided to approach a few of them and see if he could improve his teams lot in the next season.

Screenshots to come.

Preseason 2008/09 Update

With several signings in the off season including Laurie an Australian Right Fullback and Mitrovic, a stunning Australian Defensive Midfielder looking to be the best. Des decided to also make some tactical changes as he headed into season two. He planned a slightly lighter preseason for his second year. Des planned just a tour of New Zealand before the Preseason Cup.

NZ Tour June-July 2008

at Otago Utd 3-0 HT: 1-0 MoM: Felipe

Felipe (4,71,79)

at Wellington 2-1 HT: 2-0 MoM: Barbarouses

Barbarouses (34) Felipe (45)

at Hawkes Bay 5-0 HT: 2-0 MoM: Brownlie

Brownlie (10,13,47) Draper (84,90)

at Auckland 3-1 HT: 3-1 MoM: Davis

OG (20) Draper (28) Davis (34)

at Cantebury 2-0 HT: 1-0 MoM: Mitrovic

Draper (6) Mitrovic (90)

at Waikato 2-2 HT: 0-1 MoM: Barbarouses

Barbarouses (59) Smeltz (90)

</pre>

Des was happy with his teams effort through the preseason tour, and was looking forward to his teams chances in the cup, it looked like it would be a considerably better season than the previous one.

Australian Pre-Season Cup

vs Sydney FC 2-1 HT: 0-1 Att: 7515 MoM: Barbarouses

Barbarouses (55,90)

at Queensland 4-3 HT: 1-1 MoM: Barbarouses

Barbarouses (33,71,89) Felipe (50)

at Newcastle 1-1 HT: 0-1 MoM: Old

Old (84)

[/code]

Australian Pre-Season Cup Round 1

at Perth Glory 3-2 HT: 2-2 MoM: Smeltz

Smeltz (14,39) Lia (47)

</pre>

Having won the first round match-up Des Tiny's men now only had Adelaide United standing in the way of them winning the Pre-Season Cup. Des sent them out telling them to enjoy the match and if they could bring it home there would be a huge celebration.

Australian Pre-Season Cup Final

at Adelaide 1-3e HT: 0-0 FT: 1-1 HTe: 1-1

Mitrovic (pen 63)

</pre>

While Des was disappointed they had not won the Pre-Season cup he congratulated his team on making it right til the last 5 mins of Extra time before finally giving in to the much stronger team. Des and the Board were both absolutely delighted with the teams showing in this and he was now expecting bigger things in the regular season. Des was himself quietly predicting that his team could come out in the top four, while the board would be happy wherever they finished as they just wanted the team to enjoy the experience.

Screenshots to come and also nearly finished the regular season

Preseason 2008/09 Update

With several signings in the off season including Laurie an Australian Right Fullback and Mitrovic, a stunning Australian Defensive Midfielder looking to be the best. Des decided to also make some tactical changes as he headed into season two. He planned a slightly lighter preseason for his second year. Des planned just a tour of New Zealand before the Preseason Cup.

NZ Tour June-July 2008

at Otago Utd 3-0 HT: 1-0 MoM: Felipe

Felipe (4,71,79)

at Wellington 2-1 HT: 2-0 MoM: Barbarouses

Barbarouses (34) Felipe (45)

at Hawkes Bay 5-0 HT: 2-0 MoM: Brownlie

Brownlie (10,13,47) Draper (84,90)

at Auckland 3-1 HT: 3-1 MoM: Davis

OG (20) Draper (28) Davis (34)

at Cantebury 2-0 HT: 1-0 MoM: Mitrovic

Draper (6) Mitrovic (90)

at Waikato 2-2 HT: 0-1 MoM: Barbarouses

Barbarouses (59) Smeltz (90)

</pre>

Des was happy with his teams effort through the preseason tour, and was looking forward to his teams chances in the cup, it looked like it would be a considerably better season than the previous one.

Australian Pre-Season Cup

vs Sydney FC 2-1 HT: 0-1 Att: 7515 MoM: Barbarouses

Barbarouses (55,90)

at Queensland 4-3 HT: 1-1 MoM: Barbarouses

Barbarouses (33,71,89) Felipe (50)

at Newcastle 1-1 HT: 0-1 MoM: Old

Old (84)

</pre>

Australian Pre-Season Cup Round 1

at Perth Glory 3-2 HT: 2-2 MoM: Smeltz

Smeltz (14,39) Lia (47)

</pre>

Having won the first round match-up Des Tiny's men now only had Adelaide United standing in the way of them winning the Pre-Season Cup. Des sent them out telling them to enjoy the match and if they could bring it home there would be a huge celebration.

Australian Pre-Season Cup Final

at Adelaide 1-3e HT: 0-0 FT: 1-1 HTe: 1-1

Mitrovic (pen 63)

</pre>

While Des was disappointed they had not won the Pre-Season cup he congratulated his team on making it right til the last 5 mins of Extra time before finally giving in to the much stronger team. Des and the Board were both absolutely delighted with the teams showing in this and he was now expecting bigger things in the regular season. Des was himself quietly predicting that his team could come out in the top four, while the board would be happy wherever they finished as they just wanted the team to enjoy the experience.

Screenshots to come and also nearly finished the regular season.

2008/09 Hyundai A-League Update

Well heading into the A-League things were looking up for the Phoenix with a runner up finish in the Pre-Season Cup. But first up was a game against the winners Adelaide.

Stage 1

[/code]

vs Adelaide 3-1 HT: 1-1 Att: 9456 MoM: Laurie

Daniel (40) Laurie (76) Draper (80)

at Melbourne 1-3 HT: 0-1

Smeltz (83)

at Queensland 1-3 HT: 1-1

Smeltz (10)

vs Mariners 0-1 HT: 0-0 Att: 9324 MoM: Laurie

vs Newcastle 2-0 HT: 1-0 Att: 9196 MoM: Smeltz

Smeltz (42) Felipe (47)

at Perth 1-0 HT: 1-0 MoM: Mitrovic

Mitrovic (pen 36)

vs Sydney FC 2-1 HT: 1-1 Att: 9774 MoM: Aloisi

Smeltz 25) Aloisi (52)

[/code]

Des was happy, but a little worried, with his team entrenched in mid table, it looked as if it could be another long season, he was really going to have to work to turn it around particularly with some tough matches to come in the second stage.

Stage 2

at Adelaide 1-2 HT: 0-1

vs Melbourne 5-2 HT: 0-1 Att: 10593 MoM: Smeltz

Smeltz (50,57,78) Daniel (64) Mitrovic (75)

at Mariners 1-1 HT: 1-1

vs Queensland 4-3 HT: 4-1 Att: 10237 MoM: Daniel

Daniel (7,17,31) Rees (22)

at Newcastle 3-2 HT: 1-2 MoM: Felipe

Felipe (30,57,72)

vs Perth 1-1 HT: 1-1 Att: 10165 MoM: Daniel

Daniel (45)

at Sydney FC 1-3 HT: 0-3

Daniel (76)

</pre>

After Stage 2 Des was a lot happier as his team had now moved into a comfortable battle with Melbourne, only one point back from the lead of the title race and their next game at home to Melbourne, while being 6 points clear of third. Des was happy that it looked like the team could exceed all expectations and Smeltz had come back from his injury layoff and looked in excellent condition ready for the final run at the title.

Screenshots should be posted with the end of season update.

2008/09 Hyundai A-League Update

Well heading into the A-League things were looking up for the Phoenix with a runner up finish in the Pre-Season Cup. But first up was a game against the winners Adelaide.

Stage 1

vs Adelaide 3-1 HT: 1-1 Att: 9456 MoM: Laurie

Daniel (40) Laurie (76) Draper (80)

at Melbourne 1-3 HT: 0-1

Smeltz (83)

at Queensland 1-3 HT: 1-1

Smeltz (10)

vs Mariners 0-1 HT: 0-0 Att: 9324 MoM: Laurie

vs Newcastle 2-0 HT: 1-0 Att: 9196 MoM: Smeltz

Smeltz (42) Felipe (47)

at Perth 1-0 HT: 1-0 MoM: Mitrovic

Mitrovic (pen 36)

vs Sydney FC 2-1 HT: 1-1 Att: 9774 MoM: Aloisi

Smeltz 25) Aloisi (52)

</pre>

Des was happy, but a little worried, with his team entrenched in mid table, it looked as if it could be another long season, he was really going to have to work to turn it around particularly with some tough matches to come in the second stage.

Stage 2

at Adelaide 1-2 HT: 0-1

vs Melbourne 5-2 HT: 0-1 Att: 10593 MoM: Smeltz

Smeltz (50,57,78) Daniel (64) Mitrovic (75)

at Mariners 1-1 HT: 1-1

vs Queensland 4-3 HT: 4-1 Att: 10237 MoM: Daniel

Daniel (7,17,31) Rees (22)

at Newcastle 3-2 HT: 1-2 MoM: Felipe

Felipe (30,57,72)

vs Perth 1-1 HT: 1-1 Att: 10165 MoM: Daniel

Daniel (45)

at Sydney FC 1-3 HT: 0-3

Daniel (76)

</pre>

After Stage 2 Des was a lot happier as his team had now moved into a comfortable battle with Melbourne, only one point back from the lead of the title race and their next game at home to Melbourne, while being 6 points clear of third. Des was happy that it looked like the team could exceed all expectations and Smeltz had come back from his injury layoff and looked in excellent condition ready for the final run at the title.

Screenshots should be posted with the end of season update.

Well I should eventually get this right in one of these posts.

Archived