Son in Game

i dont know if this has been brought up but if you play the game long enough can you have a son like in fm09 and as i am english with second nationalaity italian and in charge of AC milan and bosnia what nationality would he be if it can happen :):cool:. Thanks for everyone who answers this btw and i will try to replay ASAP if anyone has a reponse cheers:thup:

In FM08 I got a regen with my surname but I don't think he was my son as my surname is in the DB a few times and he had different nationality than me. Since then to be sure I always put an * after my name so if my son appears he will have an asterix and I will know for sure (without the need for paternity tests).

download FMRTE and give him 200 pot. That's what I would do if I was extraordinarily lucky enough to have one in the game. Of course, I would make sure that he gets capped for Canada before doing that:D

Can you tell me how to download fmrte because i dont know wich one to download and how to use it.

• 2 weeks later...

On a similar note (I didn't want to intrude on FMAnderson's excellent thread, and I figured there must be enough threads about this to tag on the end of another), I have a question or two about Regen children.

I may have a regen son in the game (by my calculations, I would have conceived him at the age of 17), but it does seem a little odd. He does share my surname, which is not a common footballing name (currently only one Football League player shares it), but is a surname easily recognisable as a "normal" English name. He also came through instantly liking me as staff, along with assistant manager Gareth Southgate, and youth coach Michael Owen.

However, the fact he came through in 2013 strikes me as a little early, and his birth place is listed as Newcastle. Now, I am managing Middlesbrough, my favourite team is Middlesbrough, so why would he be from Newcastle? Is there surefire way of seeing whether a regen really is your son, or any explanation as to why he would be from such a great distance? Or is it all just coincidence?

On a similar note (I didn't want to intrude on FMAnderson's excellent thread, and I figured there must be enough threads about this to tag on the end of another), I have a question or two about Regen children.

I may have a regen son in the game (by my calculations, I would have conceived him at the age of 17), but it does seem a little odd. He does share my surname, which is not a common footballing name (currently only one Football League player shares it), but is a surname easily recognisable as a "normal" English name. He also came through instantly liking me as staff, along with assistant manager Gareth Southgate, and youth coach Michael Owen.

However, the fact he came through in 2013 strikes me as a little early, and his birth place is listed as Newcastle. Now, I am managing Middlesbrough, my favourite team is Middlesbrough, so why would he be from Newcastle? Is there surefire way of seeing whether a regen really is your son, or any explanation as to why he would be from such a great distance? Or is it all just coincidence?

So long as he came through your youth i'd say you've got a strong chance despite the distance although im not completely sure.

Maybe your wife gave birth in Newcastle and it was not intended ;) Seriously I think it's possible, lot of regens have other birth places than the club they spawned in.

Archived