Celebrating Goals

i do celebrate when i get an important goal in injury time. recently against burton my team equalised in the 91st min and i was still doing my celebration when burton went str8 up my end from the restart and scored again :(

normally if its important jumping up and down whilst shouting "YEAAAAH, YOU BEAUTY", although the most mental was playing against my brother, i was valencia he was at. madrid, one of my players scored a great goal, i believe i ended up dancing on the spot, shouting in his face before running round the house!!

He wasnt too happy, i got much of the same when he beat me later in the season

I celebrated beating Liverpool 3-0 to win the title that I jumped around and danced so much that I knocked the laptop off the desk, fortunately the game was still running so I started spraying beer everywhere pretending it was champagne. Yes, I take things too far..

Throwing my hands in the air, making the V shaped "YES!" with my elbow and a clenched fist, and, if I'm alone, shouting "YEEEEEEES!" at maximum capacity. Like when Carrick scored a screamer against Arsenal to draw 2-2 in the FA cup 5th round. The bad thing is that if I win the replay, I have to either play Tottenham or Liverpool in the next round. (Hoping for Tottenham)

But since I'm 3rd in the league with 10 points behind Liverpool at game 27, after having promised to win it, I will probably place all my money on the league. (AGAIN)

I need better wingers!!!

had a network game with my cousin who lives down the street, needless to say it was 1-1 88th minute, Im Spurs he was Aston Villa. Gabby runs clean thru and slots it past my keeper. I hear screaming coming from down the street only to see my cousin running towards the house arms in the air, running into my house, up the stairs and getting in my face, before leaving. Halfway to his house i catch him up screaming with my shirt over my head as ive gone up the other end and equalised! The look on his face was priceless to see me running up. What a great moment, with neighbours looking out at us! Will stay in my mind forever!

had a network game with my cousin who lives down the street, needless to say it was 1-1 88th minute, Im Spurs he was Aston Villa. Gabby runs clean thru and slots it past my keeper. I hear screaming coming from down the street only to see my cousin running towards the house arms in the air, running into my house, up the stairs and getting in my face, before leaving. Halfway to his house i catch him up screaming with my shirt over my head as ive gone up the other end and equalised! The look on his face was priceless to see me running up. What a great moment, with neighbours looking out at us! Will stay in my mind forever!

Hahah that's quality, imagine if you did that in the snow. I just do the usual YEESSSSSSSSSH, and do the W*anker sign to my computer screen.

Got pretty excited and was doing the fist pump and shouting(under my breath didn't want my mum to think I was crazy) as my young striker Bolle(I think) equalised in the 91st min against BSP opposition to qualify(for a replay) for the 1st rd of the F.A Cup. Next thing I see it's been disallowed for a (wrongful) offside. Dammit!

I occasionally fist pump and sometimes a little shout of "come on" or "get in there my son".

But I find myself making more noise when I concede a late goal with a hands-over-mouth cry of "noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I've woken the missus up a few times by a too vigourous fist pump after an important goal.

EDIT: before anyone asks I punch the air... not her

I didn't have an image of you punching her, it was the words 'fist pump' that got me laughing. I need to stop being a sex pest :(

I give it the old fist pump, when I score important goals :D
Got pretty excited and was doing the fist pump and shouting(under my breath didn't want my mum to think I was crazy) as my young striker Bolle(I think) equalised in the 91st min against BSP opposition to qualify(for a replay) for the 1st rd of the F.A Cup. Next thing I see it's been disallowed for a (wrongful) offside. Dammit!

God there is loads of 'fist pumpers' out there :D

I'm joining the fist pumping squad.

Just had this moment 5 minutes ago. First game of the season, first season in top flight, Glenavon - Donegal Celtic. Losing 1-0 after 90 minutes, and then:

stephenmcagoal.jpg

Volley, bounces off the post, rips the net, 1-1. This time I jumped. :D

As I was playing as a striker IRL, I just find myself behaving the same in FM, when we concede one I just stand still thinking “damn, we need to score twice now to win this one” and when we score it’s like I’m the striker and celebrate the same way I used to IRL. It takes about 2-3 seconds for me to realize that I’m in front of my computer and that I may look ridiculous raising my fist or pointing to the opposition fans with the index teasing them with a big smile.

Just let out a big fist pump as Kun Aguero gave my Manchester United the Carling Cup 2-0 over Everton.

Other times when big goals are scored, I'll raise my arms as if I knew that was going to happen all along...as if to say "Didn't I tell you people?"

One time on FM08 I scored a 34th-minute equaliser in a League Cup third round tie against Watford and by way of celebration leapt around the room yelling for about five minutes, then opened a bottle of wine, downed it in one, hit the red light district and blew nearly £10k on women, drugs, drink and cards, waking up three days later with a Satanic hangover, dressed as a cockatoo, stapled into a potato sack, in the hold of a ship smuggling dairy products to South America.

I've learnt to tone it down a little since.

One time on FM08 I scored a 34th-minute equaliser in a League Cup third round tie against Watford and by way of celebration leapt around the room yelling for about five minutes, then opened a bottle of wine, downed it in one, hit the red light district and blew nearly £10k on women, drugs, drink and cards, waking up three days later with a Satanic hangover, dressed as a cockatoo, stapled into a potato sack, in the hold of a ship smuggling dairy products to South America.

I've learnt to tone it down a little since.

All this for a 34th minute equaliser? ;)

....and of course the comment from the wife of "oh its only a game, don't get so excited".

only a game? No its more important than that..

This isn't a game...

THIS IS FOOTBALL MANAGER!!!!!

...I'll get my coat *gets coat and leaves*

• 2 weeks later...

Archived