Loan Fees

i have found it pretty easy to get some players on loan, im Leicester City and have Rafael on loan from Man Utd and Arsenals Jack Wilshire, in my 1st season, pretty handy really, no fee and with Rafael i ay 40% wages no fee and Wilshire was free all round

I tried to get Fran Merida and they wanted £1.2m initial fee. Is that because he's not listed for loan?

probably something to do with it, that is alot of money as well, try looking and Man City reserves as well, they have a big big squad so they will loan some out, tried Michael Johnson but he wouldnt come

It's to do with the level of your team isn't it? I've loaned many a player as League 2 sides, from Premier League sides including Merida, De Plessis, Gibson (He rejected the chance), Dervite etc. None of them wanted a fee, presumably as I'm a low level team with no money.

If I was Everton for example or Newcastle a fee would be involved for the same players. I've found it to be pretty realistic to what happens in the loan market in real life so far.

Playing as Coventry City, i'm in my third season, having stolen back door promotion via the playoffs in my second year. I have relied upon loans a fair bit, especially in my second season (Darron Gibson, Freddy Sears and John Bostock all doing a good job for me).

What i have noticed is that championship trying to loan preimier league players was 'fairly' easy, witth clubs not looking for big bucks. However as a premier league club looking to sign youngsters from other prem clubs (not necessarily rivals as such, i mean i'd never say Cov and United were rivals right now :) ) clubs have been much quicker to try charge me an arm and a leg for thier players. Case in point i have loaned Macheda this year (quality for me to be fair) but it has cost me 1.9 mil initial fee (i was happy to pay because even at 100% his wages are still only 2.2k a week).

I guess to negate everything i've just said it could be purely because i am looking at better players now, but i'm not sure since spurs gave me Bostock when i was in the championship no fee and no wages paid - this year in the prem i had to pay 80% wages and 250k inital fee.

Perhaps there is something in that. Mind you, you didn't state if you were a prem side or otherwise...

Just a thought anyway...

It's to do with the level of your team isn't it? I've loaned many a player as League 2 sides, from Premier League sides including Merida, De Plessis, Gibson (He rejected the chance), Dervite etc. None of them wanted a fee, presumably as I'm a low level team with no money.

If I was Everton for example or Newcastle a fee would be involved for the same players. I've found it to be pretty realistic to what happens in the loan market in real life so far.

Yeah that's pretty much what i was thinking really. They charge you in thier interests... i.e. you are more of a rival thus you have to pay for it. I would say it is more comparable to real life than otherwise.

Archived