Buying the Game in disc

I downloaded the game before via steam and have had problems with the blue screen rebooting my laptop during matches.

If I completely delete the game from my laptop and go out and buy the game in disc again would this solve the problem.

I have tried uninstalling the game and that has not worked.

A blue screen crash would most definitely suggest a system error rather than a game error - what does the error message say on the blue screen? If it restarts your system too quickly for you to see, do the following:

Click on start, then right click on my comp, properties, then choose advance tab, under start up and recovery click the settings. under system failure uncheck automatic system restart.

Then when it blue screens you should be able to see what is shown. Let me know, thanks.

That is from the technical issues forum so I would imagine its an issue with your computer and not the game.

That is from the technical issues forum so I would imagine its an issue with your computer and not the game.

It is an issue with the game because I use my laptop for work at home and never have a problem with it all day. This only happens when I play fm and it only happens during matchplay.

I have tried all the options that have been mentioned like turning sound off, etc to no avail. I assume i have a bad copy. Will a new disc solve my problem?

I doubt it if you've reinstalled. I'd be more than sure that it's a hardware incompatibility hence the advice to update your drivers. Especially now you've said it's a brand new laptop - it's extremely rare that a new laptop is shipped with the latest device drivers, or Java. Possibly even DirectX would be out of date.

The "works fine with every other game" thing isn't relevant - sorry. Every game is different.

I doubt it if you've reinstalled. I'd be more than sure that it's a hardware incompatibility hence the advice to update your drivers.

I dont need to update my drivers. They are all up to date. If this is only happening during fm it must be an issue with the game. In answer to my original question you are saying not to bother buying the game again because it will be the same problem?

I dont need to update my drivers. They are all up to date. If this is only happening during fm it must be an issue with the game. In answer to my original question you are saying not to bother buying the game again because it will be the same problem?

So you have updated your drivers already then, as a new laptop will almost certainly NOT have the latest ones? Apologies, I misunderstood your earlier post - it appeared you were simply assuming that as the laptop was new, it would work fine.

A blue-screen reboot is normally indicative of some kind of hardware-related incompatibility, I'm informed. Unfortunately the fact that other games work fine is not necessarily an indicator that FM will - all games are different.

The most obvious suggestion to attempt to fix it is to update graphics and sound card drivers, DirectX and Java. It's a pretty simple process which is explained in the FAQ at the top of the forum.

The FM code that you install will be the same whether installed via digital download or disk so yes, I am suggesting that changing for a disk won't make a difference.

As a last effort I'd recommend talking to our Customer Service department (or emailing them) - they will provide you with far more in-depth support than I'm able to.

Cheers

Matt

If this is only happening during fm it must be an issue with the game.

Not necessarily i was having Blue screen after blue screen only when playing FM09 last year, but FM08 seemed to work as did other games

Fault was actually id fried my Ram slot so every time it tryed to access the ram it was was keeling over, BSOD are genrally because the OS cant access something, you need to update drivers if its still happening you need to get the reason from the Blue screen

I'd also go for an overheating issue. Just because it only happens in FM, doesn't mean it is the game. FM will give your processor (maybe even GPU) a bigger workload than other tasks. which can cause more heat. I'd download something like Speedfan and monitor your temperatures at idle and especially while playing FM.

Archived