Spurs

Is it me or do they get annoyingly good??!!

I finished 2nd with Man U 1st season on 99 points, Chelsea finished on a 100.

Spurs finished around 5th/6th place i think.

I then further strengthened my team with G.Rossi having signed De Rossi and Silva in 1st season.

Spurs signed some youngsters but won the league by a ONE POINT! Done on last day of season.

In March on 3rd season and they are only 2 points behind me and again they didnt really add to their squad!

Looking at the PA-CA in editor they dont have an amazing squad potential wise without adding some players to it!

ANNOYING!

They broke the top 4 first season and won the title second season with only a few average signings. To be honest they do have a pretty good squad, cause the real life dramas and persistent injuries wont happen in FM.

Is your beef with the difference between the first season and the next? One needs only point to Liverpool this season, I think.

im playing as Spurs and finished 6th first season,and fa cup runner up....2nd season am 9th after 4 matches but have 2 in hand.....only made 1 signing in that time....

Spurs squad is very strong and easily capable of winning the title without being added to in FM10. Just look at the strength:

Gomes is a very highly rated keeper and could play for any club in the game; Corluka, King and Woodgate are all world class defenders, Bassong and Bale are not far behind and will both be so by end of season 2/3. Dawson is a solid back up.

In central mid, Palacios is a beast (IRL and in game) and one of Hudd or Jenas is more than good enough to be a solid partner.

Then you hit the money, Lennons pace makes him one of the best players in the game and on the other side you have the new king Luka Modric, he is easily good enough to start for any of the 'top' clubs. They are very ably backed up by Kranjcar and Bentley. Up front, all 4 are more than capable of being 20+ goal a season prem strikers.

So all in all, it could well happen.

Looking at it IRL, Spurs are only a couple of seasons away from really challenging consistently at the top end of the table assuming that all their best players stay so it really isn't that far fetched to see this happen.

Backline:

- Gomes is quality and wins best GK in europe or world every so often.

- Woodgate and King. Near world class when fit. Woodgate played for Real you know.

- Bassong is quality and Dawson is okay.

- Corluka and Bale have world class PA.

Midfield:

- Huddlestone and Jenas become quality. Palacios is near world class.

- Modric is the best in the world many times. Truly world class.

- Lennon one of the best right wingers in the game.

- Bentley does well depending on the game.

- Kranjcar okay back up.

- Giovani is world class and if used trained right he can played anywhere on the front half of the pitch.

Strikers:

- The most misleading part of the squad. Defoe and Crouch do amazingly under Redknapp best England duo in the game for quite some time. Keane does pretty nice too, remember he was at Inter so he has potential to play well.

And add a signing or two here and there and Spurs with a good amount of English players are a quality quality side. They just need one quality striker, maybe a MC and add quality non injury prone DC and bam they good for quite a bit in the game. Plus they have an amazing scouting and academy system and always in game and RL are improving on that and if they get a new stadium thats more cash. Also note they have very low wage demands for a quality squad.

They are so easy to manage, I won the league without making any signings. And I was on holiday the whole season!

edit: Once Redknapp goes in the game, the squad needs to be rehauled after him or the manager after him. I've seen Juande Ramos come back, and OMG he kills Spurs once again.

what did they win in that time N1ck,if you can remember?

They won an FA Cup and Leauge cup as far as I remember. However, when I said they started off strong I meant they were getting into the Champions League. Then as someone else mentioned, when Harry Redknapp leaves the club, it all goes down the pan :p

Also if you want to measure against real life: how many of you have seen Liverpool win the Prem 1st season? How many of you question this?

I would say the 2 answers are 1) quite a few and 2) none.

Then look at the 2 teams IRL now and ask yourself, does it make sense for Spurs to be better in the game?

Even a gooner would have to say yes.

'Arry is a diamond and half the squad love him so its no wonder they do well.

They won an FA Cup and Leauge cup as far as I remember. However, when I said they started off strong I meant they were getting into the Champions League. Then as someone else mentioned, when Harry Redknapp leaves the club, it all goes down the pan :p

im only a few games into the 2nd season, (watch every game in full pre season aswell) sad i know lol.....but am in Modric,s favoured personel list:thup:...took a while as in the first season he had the permanent ump and wanted to leave for a bigger club,he ended up winning European footballer of the year....

Just starting out in season 3 as Villa. Spurs finished 7th in the 1st season and 3rd in season 2. Although Modric now plays for me (since Jan 2010). There haven't been many changes to the team but they do have some very good players. And thats from an Arsenal fan.

Just starting out in season 3 as Villa. Spurs finished 7th in the 1st season and 3rd in season 2. Although Modric now plays for me (since Jan 2010). There haven't been many changes to the team but they do have some very good players. And thats from an Arsenal fan.

Modric went to Villa?....how much for...

Modric went to Villa?....how much for...

£28m over 48 months... quite a lot I know but he's worth it. Had to fight off transfer interest from Man U and Barce at the end of season 2... but he signed a new 5 year deal so I'm happy.

£28m over 48 months... quite a lot I know but he's worth it. Had to fight off transfer interest from Man U and Barce at the end of season 2... but he signed a new 5 year deal so I'm happy.

i turned down numerous £20/25 million bids for him in first season,(set 20 million asking price)thought board would untervene,but they didnt....hes now on £69,000 a week,our highest paid player and hes happy,but currently injured for 2 months:(.....

I don't think Tottenham are that unrealistic ingame. IRL, if we hadbeaten Stoke and Wolves, and got 4 points (as we should) from the Man Utd and Everton games, we would be top right now. Get a bit more consitency, and we could be a top top side.

Spurs are quite realistic in the game. Under Harry on mine they won the FA Cup and finished 3rd in the league 2 seasons running. Harry's now retired and Klinsmann is in. He's got them up to 6th but I've poached defoe off them and they're relying on Gomes and Crouch for their points. Their team is very strong. Villa are also like this thanks to Agbonlahor and Young

In my game, Tottenham were a strong team during one and a half season (More exactly, when Man Utd bought Lennon and Palacios, and then Modric, while Corluka, Bale and many more players left Spurs in the third season). Since then, they are a mid-table team and I don't know if they could get relegated if somebody buys Gomes, but for know, he's still there.

Also something similar to that happened to Everton, but they didn't lose so many key players: They became a low-table team mostly by themselves

Archived