The Best FM?

FM 08 fully patched was the last one i really enjoyed.

I was loving FM10 more than any other FM before the 10.2 patch, since i have installed im not enjoying it as much as i was. I can't seem to dominate and win.

Even when the AI teams win 3-0 / 4-0, on the stats the winning team as less possesion i.e 44% possesion. It seems this FM loves the diamond style tactic like Chelsea in real life.

Were as i like to play wide open one touch passing football 4-2-4 but attacking wingers not 4 strikers, but it does not seem to work. But hopefully after the last patch, FM10 will be the best ever. :thup:

There's a reason no one plays 4-2-4 in real life!

Its not really a 4-2-4 i'd never play that unless for the last 5 mins if i needed a goal badly.

On this FM its called 4-2-4. But on previous FM's it was called 4-5-1. :p

Its a def mid, a Att Mid, A Striker and 2 Wingers pushed up a little. ;)

FM2010 has reignited my FM spark, I've bought FM pretty much every year since the very early days. Recent years I'd stop playing for whatever reason after about 3 seasons max. However this year I'm 8 seasons in and loving it, almost too much! In an odd way i'd quite like to get bored of my current save as there are other clubs i'd like to try but i just can't tear myself away from it. That said I'd quite like to go through and take my game 20+ seasons in.

My all time favourite was CM 00/01. played it all the way to 2005

Least favourite was 2004 (it didnt help that it ran really bad on my comp), followed by 2009 because it seemed very fixed, almost broke for me.

Loved 2008.

I think fm 2010 could be an improvement over 2008 but I need to give it more time.

FM06 was the last time I found FM to be pretty much effortless fun (probably because it was one of the easiest in the CM/FM family). 08 was fun, but rewarded insane tactics. I had a couple of excellent career games in 09 and I love the 9.3.0 ME. I just haven't been able to love 10 yet. For all everyone says it's easy (and in some situations I agree completely) I keep finding myself running into inexplicable walls with it.

As of right now, FM2008 is my favourite, slightly ahead of 2007.

But, if they can get the memory issues worked-out with 2010, and get it working at retail-worthy stability, then 2010 will be my clear-cut favourite, with the 3D match engine being the key. Despite it's simplicity, it's so engaging to watch matches; I really enjoy it. It also helps, for people like me, that tactics are much easier to get started with.

FM07 and the final patch for 08 were great for me. Haven't really had much 'fun' since then, and everything now takes far far longer which has resulted in me hardly ever playing more than 2-3 seasons in a career game before I am bored.

FM10 demands so much more time and micro mamagement that I am frequently either not able to give in to it, or don't bother resulting in frustration and disinterest when things go wrong.

I vaguely remember the old CM 98 being fun. I miss the old photos and stadium backgrounds etc. Added so much to the match experience ..

FM10 demands so much more time and micro mamagement that I am frequently either not able to give in to it, or don't bother resulting in frustration and disinterest when things go wrong.

That's interesting because I found FM10 takes less time than both FM08 and FM07 to play. I have found the experience actually more dynamic than a lot of previous versions. I don't think the levels of micro-management have changed very much. If anything, I find it all a bit easier thanks to the staff taking more of a role in helping you with suggestions and so on and so forth.

CM 0102 was the best FM,FM10 is number two.If SI could just patch it,add FM interaction with few new skins and correct few annoying things!Shame it will never gonna happen,i'm disappointed because it will always stay my dream.

Archived