What are most peoples ideas of a good saved game??

my laptop finally arrives tomoro and im goin to start one of 3 games with these leagues loaded with with there top 2 teirs (except england who will have to BSP) England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Brazil and Argentina maybe more suggestions welcome.

The point of this thread is to see what type of saved game people prefer to play here are my choices

Glasgow Rangers

1 of the 2 big clubs in Scotland, unlike their rivals Celtic who start with a hefty 8.5m Rangers start with a big fat 0!!

I am a boy hood fan so this is the attraction for me here. The squad is good by spl standards but the weakpoint is the defence which would need strengthened especially if i was to succed in europe which is the main challenge when managing rangers, for me anyway. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being hard the league would be about a 3 and europe winning would be a 10 but i would be happy with a last 16 spot which would be around a 7 depending on what group i get.

Glentoran

I grew up in East Belfast so i was always round on saturdays to watch them play there in the Premier League in northern ireland where the football is by noones standard of any great quality. One of the best teams in the league fierce rivals of Linfield who probably have a slightly better team and alot more money. The main priority here is the league theres no money in this league at all so not much chance of getting past the champions league qualifiers. The point in this save game is to start low and local and build your way up hopefully a few good seasons in Northern Ireland would get me noticed by a club accross the water in England or Scotland

No Club

the proper journey man game

any comments welcome thanks

It would have to be no club for me. Pretty mcuh all my games are based around taking a club from nothing and building them up over a long period of time, I don't think I'd like to start managing a club who are already big in their country.

No club then see where you end up.

Out of your options thats the one i'd choose. I couldnt bring myself to manage in Scotland or Ireland tbh :)

fair point lol

the Glentoran is a bit like no club because im starting in my home country and seeing where i would end up just gettin a bit of a headstart. managing in scotland is pretty easy league wise its just a good challenge in europe

It would have to be no club for me. Pretty mcuh all my games are based around taking a club from nothing and building them up over a long period of time, I don't think I'd like to start managing a club who are already big in their country.

i see what you are saying another game i thought of was possibly Ards fc fromt he second teir in Northern Ireland riddled with debt one time greats

i see what you are saying another game i thought of was possibly Ards fc fromt he second teir in Northern Ireland riddled with debt one time greats

That sounds more like it, perhaps with an aim of managing Glentoran before moving abroad?

I've found the NI quite good fun to manage in, plenty of cup competitions and if you stick in it for long enough you can really dominate it and make progress in Europe (which isn't easy).

For me, the regens make my games. I find it much more interesting signing players I've never heard of as I really feel like I am discovering them.

but with the standard of players and the money available its difficult to progress in my opinion and northern ireland itself doesnt really produce much talent lol

How about managing in Brazil? Good players are 3 for £10 over there which means the teams around you have them aswell. That keeos the competition going. Just a thought.

How about managing in Brazil? Good players are 3 for £10 over there which means the teams around you have them aswell. That keeos the competition going. Just a thought.

the thought did cross my mind because ive never managed there before but my knowledge of brazilian football is very very poor

Ards F.C. is a Northern Irish football club playing in IFA Championship 1. The club, founded in 1900, is from Newtownards, but plays its home matches at Dixon Park in Ballyclare, which it shares with Ballyclare Comrades. Club colours are red and blue.

The club has suffered severe financial problems in recent times. This resulted in the club having to sell its ground, Castlereagh Park, to property developers. The club has shared grounds with Cliftonville, Carrick Rangers, Bangor and now Ballyclare Comrades. Plans for a new ground in Newtownards are stalled at the planning stage with no sign of progress. Relegation out of senior football in 2006 (for the first time since 1923) has meant a struggle for this historic football club, with the loss of players and lower attendances.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ards_F.C.

this could be a shout for me as i live in Ards they also have a good squad

i think i can safely say Ards it is for me, it will be a stuggle as i no for a fact certain areas will need strengthened and with no budget and i am assuming probably little if any wage budget i could be in trouble but a challenge is what im after.

i may post updates somewhere on here after my first season or maybe in jan

I like to take a poor team to world domination. Then ill start again with a worse team.

Normally it goes Hukk city, Doncastor, Oxford city.

Well thats what i did last game, never managed to win the champs league with oxford but i won the premiership

i think i can safely say Ards it is for me, it will be a stuggle as i no for a fact certain areas will need strengthened and with no budget and i am assuming probably little if any wage budget i could be in trouble but a challenge is what im after.

i may post updates somewhere on here after my first season or maybe in jan

If you want to post updates about your game, have a look here: FM Career Updates :)

Division 3 in Brazil is fairly fun, and there are some fallen "big" names you can play as. It's harder to find good players then you might think as the wage restrictions are very low, and every club I've played takes out a massive state loan at the start of the first season so the financial siuation just gets worse.

The State Championships you have to play in are normally a joke as most teams are just greys, I played 3 seasons and only conceded 4 goals in total. Getting out of the actually Third Division is pretty hard as it involves a fairly long knockout playoff competition.

Im going to go ards but looks like its on hold as per god damn usual due to the weather my laptop has not been delivered because some stupid delivery company are to health and safety concious and workers are to lazy and jump at the chance for the day off so they are closed due to deliver tomoro weather permitting, which doesnt look good. i fly home on thursday i ordered it to my dads im visiting for christmas

1. Teams with a decent transfer budget or assets to sell: So I can make my own team instead of using someone else’s, without finding it impossible to sign players. EXAMPLE: Stoke City, Fulham

2. Teams that are on the verge of breaking the “Top 4”: I like to try and progress teams to change the layout of the Top 4, without having a ludicrous budget. EXAMPLE: Spurs, Villa

3. Sleeping giants: I like to bring teams to where they have been/deserve to be, in correspondence with history and fan base. EXAMPLE: Forest, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds, Southampton

4. Teams that have players I rate in real life: I have a selection of players that I love managing, due to good stats and real life form. EXAMPLE: West Ham(Parker&Noble), Birmingham(Benitez&Hart)

5. Clubs abroad that have English players: Clubs that I do not know too much about, but have an English player for me to base the side around. EXAMPLE: Zaragoza(Pennant), Ankaragücü(Vassell)

6. Clubs I can relate to: Teams that are situated near where I live and have a soft spot for. EXAMPLE: Norwich(Location), Everton(Soft spot)

7. Most importantly, the team I support. NEWCASTLE UNITED :)

I just cant play a game with my beloved Napoli anymore. I do not know why, but I just can't get into it.

I also have given up on teams with NO money. I am successful with those clubs to the point of meeting objectives but always selling my best players to keep afloat, then going bankrupt anyway is not my idea of fun.

Just a side question, but do people notice that most clubs struggle financially in this game? I seem to always make a loss regardless of what team, I then make some profits to go back to the same point and it keeps repeating. It seems difficult to actually build up that bank account.

I am enjoying my time at West Ham now, at least I had a 70M pound worth team and had 15-20 mil to play with in the transfer market.

A good game is a game where u can develop your youth and actually keep the team afloat and either get promoted to the top flight or make your side stick to that top division.

Out of your 3 options I'd start unemploeyed as its always good fun trying to work your way up the ladder and if you're running that many leagues you've always got loads of options. May I suggest adding Portugal to the leagues as well as they've got some good teams and players.

I am from Bosnia, Zenica. And since my birthday I love my club Celik. So, I downloaded the Bosnian League, took Celik with 25.000 € budget and now I want to climb to the Ch. League group stages.

I allways played with Milan, but now I see how does it feel when you play with you heart loved club. It is hard, but it has something special :)

So, try it with your home club. You will feel better

Out of your 3 options I'd start unemploeyed as its always good fun trying to work your way up the ladder and if you're running that many leagues you've always got loads of options. May I suggest adding Portugal to the leagues as well as they've got some good teams and players.

what divisions in portugal? ive never managed there before

what divisions in portugal? ive never managed there before

The top 2 probably.

The top league (Liga Sagres) has Benfica, Porto and Sporting as the big 3 but there's other good teams (Braga, Vit Setubal and Vit Guimaraes etc).

Below that is Liga Vitalis and has your standard sort of second division clubs much like Italy, France or Germany.

Wouldn't go much below that as the leagues then become regional, although thats where the once big Boavista currently lie.

Archived