Help Needed...

Can someone please help???

Have tried installing FM2010 on my laptop but keep getting message:

Football Manager 2010 10.0.0f80381 has stopped working.

have looked up the problem on the FAQ forum but cannot find an answer. Found a similar question but with a slightly different error message....instructions given were to right click on the FM icon then select 'Properties'> 'Local Files'> 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache'.....

tried that but can't find those links when i right click on the FM icon....maybe i'm just being thick.....either way would appreciate some help as i'm now getting frustrated and want to play the game!!!!:mad:

Can someone please help???

Have tried installing FM2010 on my laptop but keep getting message:

Football Manager 2010 10.0.0f80381 has stopped working.

have looked up the problem on the FAQ forum but cannot find an answer. Found a similar question but with a slightly different error message....instructions given were to right click on the FM icon then select 'Properties'> 'Local Files'> 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache'.....

tried that but can't find those links when i right click on the FM icon....maybe i'm just being thick.....either way would appreciate some help as i'm now getting frustrated and want to play the game!!!!:mad:

verify integrity of game cache was a fix for a problem that some people who downloaded the game through steam used to get the game working, if you bought the game on a disk that'll be why you couldn't find the links.

As for your specific problem, sorry but can't think of anything other than what Matt said to get your game working.

Quote from the FAQ Forum:-

* If at the installation stage an internet connection cannot be detected by default the game will install via offline system.

I can only assume therefore that the game installed via offline system as i was not connected to the internet at the time....in which case i'm even more confused as to the error 'Football Manager 2010 10.0.0f80381 has stopped working'

God please somebody tell me what i need to do?!!! If i have to go home again tonight and not get to play the game and instead have to rub my pregnant wife's feet i'm going to scream!!!!!!!

Yep done that John.......still no joy....i have to admit it would be alot easier if i had internet at home but i've jus moved house and have'nt got it reconnected yet.

Does anyone know what this 'Football Manager 2010 10.0.0f80381 has stopped working' message is all about???

Pauly - the link was to allow you to contact Customer Services to get some help with the product. It wasn't designed to make the game work...:)

A few tips for you to consider, though - don't select to install using Steam, first and foremost.

- Install using the disk.

- Patch your way to 10.2 immediately.

- Update your graphics and sound card drivers.

- Update DirectX and Java.

That will solve the vast majority of machine related issues. Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Matt

Archived