What a game!!!

I feel i must write this, as there are many comments regarding the superkeepers, and the 1on1 situation.

However it must be said FM2010 is the most accurate and challanging game to date

you need to be a well rounded manager with a insight for tatics - i found this out while playing my Newcastle save game - after being really inconsistant at the start of the season e.g. WWDLWL

However it then dawned on me -

player motivation is KEY!

team talks are KEY (don't let your assistant do them all the time - as they genrally give neutral comments - which are no good to anyone)

Player Selection & Team Balance is KEY

Tatics are KEY - some people may say this is obvious - i tried many different random combinations - which didn't work consistently, then I thought how do most of the teams play in real life.....its mainly one of the following, long balls & target man (bolton esque), Through the wingers (aston villa), one touch possesion football (man utd/barca/arsenal), and then the good old counter attack

As im newcastle, bad morale, bad player motivation, i decided to increase morale and player motivation i would get rid of the dead wood, lovenkrads, barton, coloccini and get in big name young guns, vela, dos santos, macheda and wilshire (all on loan), they are young, and at big clubs so have high morale - with the nature of these signings (big names) they increased my squad morale and gave my squad some much needed balance.

then i though hmmm what tatics would be best, so with having good wingers (jonas, dos santos) combative midfielders (nolan, smith) and big strikers (carroll, macheda, ameobi and ranger) that i would play down the flanks, with a lot of balls into th box, to make the most of my strengths. (I'm not telling you my exact tatics, as its up to you to work the best out for yourself to make the most of this game)

and what do you know it worked, i am winning more consistently and some games in style....ok i still lose points here and there, and got knocked out of the cup, cuz i played a weak team - but hey ho thats football.

so all in all, there are no problems with this game (apart from a small issue with 1on1 - which you wouldnt notivce if you played the game properly and stopped copying other people's CHEAT tatics) - ITS YOUR MANAGMENT!!!

i would just like to add that some of the abuse SI MOD's are getting is ridiculas - they make the game for YOU! they try their best, and remember while one is being released they are already making nex years - its a never ending cycle. it must be a really difficult job coding the match engine and all the AI. so give them a break - they are doing thier best to make the perfect game......

remember perfect is impossible but FM 2010 is close.........

so shut complaing and blaming the game when you cant win, ITS YOU!! and i've noticed a recurrent theme on these boards, those who say the game is rubbish, are those who slave through the forum finding the CHEAT tatics, and then are angry when they dont take cheltenham town to champions league glory within 5 years. so please shut your moaning and start usng your brain - its a simulation remeber that.....

B]FM2010 = BEST GAME YET.[/b]

p.s. WWFAN & the mod's - loving some of your post's to all the chaeting fm haters - keep up the good work, and well done on the excellent game, my missus may hate you (as do all women who are with FM players) - so dont say you make the game when your on the pull, as it might not go down to well. But I love you guys, thanks for all your hard work!! :)

Archived