Training Facilities degrading?

ok ive started a long term game and im in 2013, at the start of the game my training/youth were both 20, now my training is 18 and my youth is 19..... i suppose this kind of echoes RL as things go out of date, but i didnt expect it... anyone else noticed this?

(yes i use FMRTE :D)

I'm not sure but FMRTE does this to alot of things for me it will downgrade attributes etc. For example on my cheating Aarau save I made a guy 20 at everything but his stats started decreasing to 18's, 17's , 15's etc..

I don't know why I guess it just does it

It's not FMRTE's problem. You can't actually make a player to be 20 at everything.

That's a separate issue. But stadiums have a degrading factor in the editor - never seen facilities have but it does make sense in terms of realism. Nice one if true.

Which leads onto this thought. Since stadiums DO have a degradation factor in the editor, has anyone on along-term save ever experienced a stadium degrade? In earlier incarnations of CM/FM you could get a stand closed, but how about in FM10??

Ive also experienced this , and as some have you said its just that eventually the facilities become "out of date" compared to others. I've got a question myself though related to facilities, if your club hasn't got an academy, is there a way of requesting for your board to implement one? Or is it just a waiting game?

Ive also experienced this , and as some have you said its just that eventually the facilities become "out of date" compared to others. I've got a question myself though related to facilities, if your club hasn't got an academy, is there a way of requesting for your board to implement one? Or is it just a waiting game?

i think you need the money if your club has no academy in my 09 save i had to get the youth upgraded to get a youth academy, before that i had no new youth players each year

if the game represents technological advances in the game by allowing you to update your facilities, and i take this as medical equipment aswell, shouldnt injury times also decrease slightly as technology advances. There are new ways of treating injuries being invented all the time so in a save 30 years in the future could injuries not start to come down slightly from the start of your save. Nothing drastic but maybe by then it would shave a week or two off a serious long term injury

i think you need the money if your club has no academy in my 09 save i had to get the youth upgraded to get a youth academy, before that i had no new youth players each year

Strange, I do not have a youth academy but I still do get youth players every new season?

I don't think there is a new way of treating things like broken legs. You just gotta wait for it to heal.

im not talking about broken bones. I mean like injuries that over the years have been treated differently and more effectively. Havent players recently had placenta injected into them to speed up recovery from certain injuries? Also isnt the ice room thing (sorry dont know technical terms) kind of a recent-ish idea for speeding recovery?

All im saying is in 10, 20 or 30 years you would expect technology and treatments to evolve therefor cutting down the recovery time for certain types of injuries. Maybe hamstring injuries or ligament damage.

This maybe hypothetical but i think it should be something that could be thought about

im not talking about broken bones. I mean like injuries that over the years have been treated differently and more effectively. Havent players recently had placenta injected into them to speed up recovery from certain injuries? Also isnt the ice room thing (sorry dont know technical terms) kind of a recent-ish idea for speeding recovery?

All im saying is in 10, 20 or 30 years you would expect technology and treatments to evolve therefor cutting down the recovery time for certain types of injuries. Maybe hamstring injuries or ligament damage.

This maybe hypothetical but i think it should be something that could be thought about

Maybe.

But I study sports science and so far none of those methods you mentioned are scientifically proven to be effective in a significant way. They are mostly just psychological.

Facilities do degrade in the game. But the comment about injuries healing quicker. If the trend counts actually injures time will increase. Because we are ever more pushing the limit of our bodies. Back in the day teams had one sub and not its 7 subs. Why? All do to injuries. Now you get hamstring pulls just like that when back in the day players would smoke packs a day and still score. Now everything is scientific, down to the air and food and when and how you walk, sleep, travel, etc. But nothing a little horse placenta couldn't cure. :)

It seems that facilities do degrade after time. I've got to the point where my facilities could not be upgraded any further but every couple of years they need another £1m spent to bring them back up to standard.

it was confirmed by si.. as mod you should know that >_<

Yeah, what was yesterday's state-of-the-art may not be so today. Technological advances.

what do you mean by state of the art though?

running machines have been around and not majorly changed for decades and decades

weights have been the same for centuries too!

there is no magical state of the art machine that gives you muscles. surely maintainence fees should cover the costs of keeping everything up to date anyway unless your in debt and can't afford it?

you talk about that oxygen chamber for "apparently" recovering for injuries, but as far as I know your training facilities do not play a part in your players recovering quicker right?

This was something we introduced this year. It was necessary as over time the aggregate score for training facilities would go through the roof and far too many good players would be produced. All things need to be kept relative. Nice spot :)

Stu wouldn't just requiring you to have enough money in the bank to keep it maintained be enough rather than it dropping and manually having to improve it every two years? with the bad financial situation this would even it up anyway wouldn't it?

England's Burton training facility has deteriorated due to lack of funds to keep it in good condition not because technology has come on leaps and bounds right?

Facilities do degrade in the game. But the comment about injuries healing quicker. If the trend counts actually injures time will increase. Because we are ever more pushing the limit of our bodies. Back in the day teams had one sub and not its 7 subs. Why? All do to injuries. Now you get hamstring pulls just like that when back in the day players would smoke packs a day and still score. Now everything is scientific, down to the air and food and when and how you walk, sleep, travel, etc. But nothing a little horse placenta couldn't cure. :)

George Best use to claim he played some of his best football hung over, you couldn't really get away with this now days. As former Australian cricketer, Andrew Symonds, has found out.

Archived