Youth Scouting Competition (Football's Next Star)

I know people are going to think why did i make this thread and it's a stupid idea but i think its a good idea.

My idea is why don't SI create sum sort of youth competition where random new youth players (Regens) 20 and under come and play and managers and scouts can come watch them play Just like the whole trial day thing just with better players and regens under 20 . It will be a new and good way to find great youth talent within nations and a easier way of scouting. No offence to SI but i honestly think it will be a better idea then the whole trial day match thing.

If anyone is catching my drift i mean something like Football Icon Or Football's Next star. I honestly dont think it will be a bad idea. Or if not a whole competition where the best youth players proceed through rounds why not just a match where scouts can watch a new breed of talented non club playing unknown regens.

No matter how bizzare this idea is it will be a good way to scout youth players.:D

And i think another good idea is just like Trial Days have one of these regen matches in every nation.

Does anyone like my football Icon Idea:o?

I can't see SI incorporating anything even vaguely Cowellesque, especially in light of it not existing IRL.

But mate it does. Have you never seen football icon2? and the winner of that is still at chelsea at 20 years of age. Plus if you watch sky1 on sundays something called footballs next star it is about young players talented from uk and ireland. about 70,000 boys compete over series and only 1 can win the contract as the youths go through a series of rounds this is the exact thing that happened in football icon 1 AND 2.

But mate it does. Have you never seen football icon2? and the winner of that is still at chelsea at 20 years of age. Plus if you watch sky1 on sundays something called footballs next star it is about young players talented from uk and ireland. about 70,000 boys compete over series and only 1 can win the contract as the youths go through a series of rounds this is the exact thing that happened in football icon 1 AND 2.

Not part of football management tho is it?

Hence, not part of the game.

Just pretend your best regen came through that route :thup:;)

The outcome of your idea will probably be :

Chelsea or Real Madrid signing 40 of the best regens from this competition just to send them in the u18 squad where the other 40 from the previous year rot but valued €5M instead of €500K. In 5 years time, the game will have no interest anymore, just because a couple of very attractive clubs will be able to sign the future best players in game without even the need to scout the world.

I think it’s already difficult enough to sign a future wonderkid and try to keep the other teams at bay, when you manage a small side. But if there’s a “regen day”, this will just make it impossible.

Don't think this idea has legs to be honest. The trial system is a good addition and a Football Icon competition only comes around rarely. Just not a realistic addition to a managers role. You don't see Fergie watching players at Wayne Rooneys Street Striker do you?

Plus don't forget these are all poor publicity programs designed for a TV audience. Not to actually discover the next football star. Anyone who believes that the winner of Jamie Redknapp's show will actually play a game for Inter is incredibly naive. It didn't happen with the Chelsea guy, it won't happen here either. This is all very off topic so I'll end my rant right there.

Don't think this idea has legs to be honest. The trial system is a good addition and a Football Icon competition only comes around rarely. Just not a realistic addition to a managers role. You don't see Fergie watching players at Wayne Rooneys Street Striker do you?

Plus don't forget these are all poor publicity programs designed for a TV audience. Not to actually discover the next football star. Anyone who believes that the winner of Jamie Redknapp's show will actually play a game for Inter is incredibly naive. It didn't happen with the Chelsea guy, it won't happen here either. This is all very off topic so I'll end my rant right there.

By the may the winner of Football Icon 2 is still at chelsea and also in the northern ireland U21 squad. And has signed a new contract.

By the may the winner of Football Icon 2 is still at chelsea and also in the northern ireland U21 squad. And has signed a new contract.

Until this sort of show even hints that it can find genuinelly talented players on a consistent basis then it isn't even worth giving a second thought to any such idea. Chances are, they will find the occassional half decent player with the vast majority of the winners ending up in semi-pro or amatuer football. Thats if this sort of thing lasts more then a few series anyway.

Even if this sort of thing did prove to be successful, I still couldn't see the point of including it in the game.

Archived