Is it possible ?

I don't know what made me think of this but, should any team at any point in a match be reduced to six players i.e five red cards recieved then this results in the match being abandoned as no team is allowed to play with less than seven players on the field .

So finally to my question... does this happen in fm ? I can't imagine so but just thought i'd ask :p

If its a real life rule then it will be in the game. SI are normally pretty good when it comes to getting rules right. I've never seen it in the game myself though since the most players I've ever had sent of in one game is 3.

I guess you could try testing it. Make 2 fake teams on the editor, all players with 20 aggression and 20 dirtyness, with no anticipation or tackling. Set everyone on hard tackling and see what happens.

Although I doubt even then the match engine would give a team 5 red cards very often.

Yeah, if it's a rule it will happen, but when have you seen this irl or fm :)

Back in 2001 Portugal were beating Angola 5-1 in a friendly and it had to be abandoned because Angola were reduced to six men (four sending offs and an injury with no subs left) Seems a bit crazy that you'd have one sending off never mind four in an international friendly !

Think I will create a database like that, is there still a ppm for diving into tackles ?

Done some research 'cause i'm saaaad :D

In 1977 Ecuador had five players sent off by the 77th minute against Uruguay resulting in the match being abandoned .

During the before mentioned research i came across this... A match between two Iranian sides was abandoned after 84 minutes after a stray dog attacked one of the officials... Anyone think thats possible in fm :p:rolleyes:

Thanks Almondo, although why would you want defenders to dive into tackles :o

Will get it done asap should have some free time wednesday and thursday and i'll post my results, looking forward to it should be interesting .

Was wondering, if the players having 100 dislike for the club and personnel they are playing against do you think this could have an influence? For example in rivalry matches such as they old firm there are always more dirty tackles *cough*Lafferty*cough:rolleyes:

• Administrators

The game abandonment due to lack of numbers isn't currently supported in-game. However the chances of it actually happening are very very slim. We are looking into this though and many thanks for bringing it up.

Archived