59080551.jpg

77725146.jpg

Once again, the "superkeeper" prevails and it cost me the World Cup, so I'm not exactly thrilled. I don't remember it being this bad on '08. Then again, it was a bit of a shambles on '09, too. And, for the people who are going to say "there's no such thing as a superkeeper" or the infamous "it's your tactics", here's a few more examples;

http://img709.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=66050155.jpg

Surely SI can't continue to omit the recurring theme here? :rolleyes:

mexico game was even... they even had more possession.. and more of everything , so you shouldnt complain.. uruguay well , i would say too many long shots.. but maybe spain team got bunch of ppl with 16+ longshots to actually do them..

apart that.. i had plenty of those

are you trying to tell me this is not possible in the real world...of course it is. I understand ur ****ed right off most people would be buts its not uncommon for a super performance in the real world

Think the point is, is that it occurs too often.

Mexico game looked tight though. Lots of 7+ performances from the rest of the team.

are you trying to tell me this is not possible in the real world...of course it is. I understand ur ****ed right off most people would be buts its not uncommon for a super performance in the real world

No, of course it's possible in real life. I'm not debating that. I'm not even saying SI have created a poor game, but it's just the fact that it's a recurring theme over and over and over again. Atleast every season I have particapated in there's about 10-15 matches where the opposition's goalkeeper plays an absolute blinder. It does get frustrating. Especially considering my keeper who is miles better than them can't even save 2 shots on target.

In the Uruguay game it looks like Spain were restricted to a number of long shots. In terms of clear cut chances it seems pretty even, but it seems that Spain were trying to shoot on sight and/or from distance more. Perhaps the issue could be that goalkeepers are given too much credit for relatively easy saves, ie. stopping fairly tame long distance efforts? Take away the long shots and it begins to show a more even game in terms of chances to score rather than attempts at goal.

It also seems that the pass completion rate is fairly low, so perhaps a reason for the long shots in a lack of successful through balls to the strikers or just giving the ball away too much and not creating decent moves, thus resorting to long shots..

taking it all into consideration tho i dont think playing at the top level especially in big competitions like the world cup 10-15 outstanding keeper performances is not an over the top amount especially considering a season is 50-60 games before international games

It just happens an awful lot, that's all. As I said, surely it's happening a bit too often for no-one to realise that something's going on? I'm also curious to know why a player plays better for the AI than he does for you. That seems a bit daft. For example, I sent Diego Contento out on loan to Man U for a season and he assisted something like 26 in 47 games. When I got him back the following season, he was lucky if he got 3 assists. I think I've had him for 6 years now and he's not even reached 26 assists in that entire length of time for me. Maybe that has something to do with the fact that no matter who's in my goal, they're absolutely stinking and no matter who's in the opposition's goal (no matter how awful they may look attribute wise), they're always fantastic. I've lost count how many times I've read "***** put on a goalkeeping clinic!" at the end of a match.

im sure it does get frustrating but i think the others may be right and it could be down to you having alot of long shots do you watch the matches

Obviously I watch the matches? Why wouldn't I? :confused: As for the long shots, yeah, there were a few, but they were absolute bullets that would've gone in any other day. Every save was met with "Brilliant save from ****!".

Obviously I watch the matches? Why wouldn't I? :confused: As for the long shots, yeah, there were a few, but they were absolute bullets that would've gone in any other day. Every save was met with "Brilliant save from ****!".

8.0 isn't a brilliant rating by any means, so most likely while their GK may have been dependable and made a few great saves, blame must lie too with your players.

I'm also curious to know why a player plays better for the AI than he does for you. That seems a bit daft. For example, I sent Diego Contento out on loan to Man U for a season and he assisted something like 26 in 47 games. When I got him back the following season, he was lucky if he got 3 assists. I think I've had him for 6 years now and he's not even reached 26 assists in that entire length of time for me.

They may have a better team, played him in a different position, had massively different tactics etc. This happens all the time in real life.

Archived