Interaction with other managers

Im managing Portsmouth and just before im due to play Liverpool ive got Rafael Benitez kissing my bum.

Hes said in the press "He hopes the best team win" and "How im a good manager and i deserve every success with Portsmouth".

Personally i dont like him so im tempted to tell him this however are their advantages and disadvantages to interaction with other managers??

If you say nice things your squad thinks 'you shouldn't be praising other teams' and if you say nasty things your squad thinks you've acted 'unprofessionally'.

Basically it's a lose-lose situation. :thdn:

Yeah, this is one thing I don't really like about manager interaction. It's a great concept, but like you say: it's lose-lose. :(

SI won't give you an answer about how it works ;)

But there is a tooltip in the game about building manager relationships and having bids accepted. I haven't seen it often myself, but i have had 1 manager accept a bid because of his good friendship with me.

SI won't give you an answer about how it works ;)

But there is a tooltip in the game about building manager relationships and having bids accepted. I haven't seen it often myself, but i have had 1 manager accept a bid because of his good friendship with me.

i've seen it a few times. even more often have i seen a manager refuse to sell me a player because of a bad relationship. i think there are different levels this can get to as well, there was one version where paul le guen absolutely hated me and wouldn't sell me anyone!

Curious to know SI's opinion on this

same here.

I believe that manager interaction in FM needs to be majorly improved. Basically, you can either be nice to other managers, or you can be very aggressive.

being nice has its benefits, such as managers more willing to sell you players and rarely ive established links with other clubs which my board has put down to "my excellent relationship with thier manager".

on the flip side, being very negative towards certain managers has no benefits, or atleast none that I can see. it just becomes much harder to buy players from these managers. sometimes you get a few players who react positively to this but you then get the same amount reacting negatively.

so basically the underlying choice is between easier transfers or harder transfers sometime in the future. there is no real choice to be made.

the game definately needs to implement some sort of benefit to negative media responses, cause as it stands, its just a little annoying

It is definitely correct that a good relationship with a manager helps you get their players.

I like to get rivalries going with managers though, so I sometimes slag off title rivals, and I nearly always slag off my club's rivals' managers. I won't be buying players from their club anyway and I like to hype up our big Derby grudge matches. So as Rotherham manager I have a terrible relationship with the Sheff Wed and Sheff Utd managers - they both hate me, so it's good fun :thup:

Archived