Seeing out results?

Ive noticed there is a tone of keep it simple stupid (kiss) from the authors and supposed guru's of FM tactical guides.

Yet, upon doing this during FM 10 , throughout a number of saves, when wanting to hang on to a result this never ever seems to work, in is actually counter-productive.

Pour example, I am winning 1-0 against Celtic away, wanting to hold on to this result, i change from standard to defensive, and instantly concede two goals.

This is just one example, and seems to always happen whenever i change to defensive, or contain.

Yet this seems the SIMPLE thing, and logical thing to do. To those that bang on about, its your fault for inviting pressure on to you, then what the hell are these options there to do?

no matter what you do generally your players become ******** when leading..ive tried many things and the only thing that has ever brought be success is playing 5 at the back which is pathetic when im absolutly dominating till i score...in real would you see arsenal go 5 at the back when beating man utd 1-2-3 nil? i doubt it, they would just compact and at most sub a forward player for a DM to break up attacks. but even that doesnt work....game should be fun not annoying...ive stopped playing because of many reasons this being one of them.

You need to change player roles as marcftm said. For example if you are playing a 4-4-2, when you go defensive set your MR and ML to Defensive Wingers, and change your MC to more defensive roles. I haven't found just switching from Attacking to Defensive in the Wizard isn't anywhere near enough. Creating a brand new Defensive tactic with changed players roles and maybe even a slightly different formation is more effective.

Archived