How to get a refund?

well, first, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. second, you don't get a refund; check your computer's stats and see if it matches the minimum requirements of the game before you buy it. the game is obviously not at fault as there are countless others who have no problem with it, including myself. and last, don't be an ass ;)

well, first, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. second, you don't get a refund; check your computer's stats and see if it matches the minimum requirements of the game before you buy it. the game is obviously not at fault as there are countless others who have no problem with it, including myself. and last, don't be an ass ;)

I've tried re-installing, including on different and fresh operating systems. You can't say the game isn't at fault simply because yours works ok so far. And lastly don't be a prat. ;)

*edit* of course my PC meets the specs. Jeez...

**** happens, my computer is fantastic, and I know how to build a computer, that was my job for 10 years, designing ultra high end PCs for the post production industry (€200'000 per PC) so I can tell you, it's not my computer which is faulty. But still I have the crash dump, and no other game is causing troubles but FM. At some point, some people should stop ranting those who have these problems as you can easily imagine that we're not posting here just for the fun of it! There a crash dump problem and the way SI takes it is disrespectful for the customer, so if you don’t have this trouble, fine for you, but don’t come on threads discussing about that issue and post stuff like “it’s your computer” or some other useless and insulting rant.

can you please explain to me how it works for so many others without any problems but for you and a few select others, there are problems?

Erm if I could explain it I wouldn't be posting here would I? :rolleyes:

I'm not sure where you get the "select others" from as these forums are full to bursting with people who are experiencing problems with the game.

Take your head out of the sand.

Sadly SI/SEGA will not refund you for your purchase of the game.

I too was experiencing this problem until patch 10.2 and i no longer receive crash dump errors. There was nothing wrong with my PC yet the game crash dumped.

I think it'd be useful for those people not experiencing this problem to either post some sort of technical advice for people to follow or to not bother posting at all, numerous threads have been closed because of this and it is unfair to the OP who will continue having these problems because the mods cannot see anything past the insulting comments.

Try a dxdiag (i think thats what its called) and post that on here, maybe a mod can give an explaination about where abouts the memory leak is happening to cause you the crash dump.

And likeabawss please stop flaming the OP, they have paid for the this product just like you have and they are entitled to raise any issues they have with their equipment.

Thanks

Have you tried updating your drivers manually, remember that the different parts manuafacurers don't always pass their updates onto Microsoft or Mac for auto updating, go the manufacturer websites for all your computer components and check them.

P.S. nearly every single person complaining about game induced crash dumps (and rightly so, otherwise it wouldn't be fiixed) were pre the release of patch 10.2 which fixed many of the problems. Also if you think the bugs on FM makes the game unfinished you should try a game like Fallout 3 which has had 7 patches already and is still extremely buggy.

Have you tried updating your drivers manually, remember that the different parts manuafacurers don't always pass their updates onto Microsoft or Mac for auto updating, go the manufacturer websites for all your computer components and check them.

P.S. nearly every single person complaining about game induced crash dumps (and rightly so, otherwise it wouldn't be fiixed) were pre the release of patch 10.2 which fixed many of the problems. Also if you think the bugs on FM makes the game unfinished you should try a game like Fallout 3 which has had 7 patches already and is still extremely buggy.

Hi Brian, aye I downloaded the latest drivers from the manufacturers websites and installed them on a fresh install of both XP Pro and Windows 7. I still get crash dumps (yes it's a clean install of FM2010 patched up to 10.2 through Steam.

Regarding Fallout 3 - I agree it was unfinished when released. I have it sitting on my desk in front of me and it's installed on my PC. I also believe FM2010 to be unfinished.

*edit* I've come to the conclusion that it must be my tactics.

Bugs are part and parcel of systems development in the world currently. Its not like building a house where you can see the faults. And unfortunately with so many differing systems its not even as easy to fix the faults as it would be on a games console.

Your view of an 'unfinished' product seems to be somewhat skewed. There could well be a number of things causing the crash. Have you out of interest added anything to the game other than the 10.2 patch such as graphics packs or used any 3rd party tools such as FMRTE at all? :)

Bugs are part and parcel of systems development in the world currently. Its not like building a house where you can see the faults. And unfortunately with so many differing systems its not even as easy to fix the faults as it would be on a games console.

Your view of an 'unfinished' product seems to be somewhat skewed. There could well be a number of things causing the crash. Have you out of interest added anything to the game other than the 10.2 patch such as graphics packs or used any 3rd party tools such as FMRTE at all? :)

Software development isn't like building a house? Blimey - that's where I'm going wrong then - because I thought it was!!!

Also - because software development isn't like building a house it means it's okay that loads of people are experiencing crash dumps with the game? Your view seems somewhat skewed.

No - I have no 3rd party tools, graphics packs etc installed and I haven't edited the database etc. :)

Software development isn't like building a house? Blimey - that's where I'm going wrong then - because I thought it was!!!

Also - because software development isn't like building a house it means it's okay that loads of people are experiencing crash dumps with the game? Your view seems somewhat skewed.

No - I have no 3rd party tools, graphics packs etc installed and I haven't edited the database etc. :)

A singular person receiving crash dumps doesn't mean the game is at fault I'm afraid. So to call the game 'unfinished' is extremely wide of the mark. If every single person was receiving crash dumps (I'm personally yet to on any of the 5 pc's / Mac's I've played FM10 on thus far) then I would agree.

As for the specific refund issue. Currently by UK and European (Last time I checked) you don't have a leg to stand on. That isn't me trying to be harsh, that's just the way it is currently in the sector.

Surely, if you really cant play the game then you should be able to get a refund regardless of whether or not its your system....If you can't play it then its a waste of £30

No,

under the sale of goods act (UK law) a retailer can refund or replace a defective product if the defect was there at the time of purchase or if it is not fit for purpose. Now, the game does run fine, it was proberly a one-off fault affecting this particular save-game. If the machine has conflicting drivers etc. then it is not the game that is at fault, but the computer, meaning the product is fit for sale and purpose. Therefore no retailer has to legally provide a refund. Some may choose to do so.

Even if the Op wanted to pursue a refund, the onus is on the retailer who sold you the game, not Sega nor SI, to provide such a refund.

Received Crash dumps on one or two games over the past few months but they werent that far into the season. If you are really saying that FM2010 is unfinished at time of release you should try CM10 it crashes pointlessly in the middle of a game, i only paid £2.51 for it but i still feel ripped off. FM2010 is leaps and bounds infront of it and crash dumps happen on a small percentage of games. No game can be perfect but you just have to make it better with every release.

You could look at the xbox 360 as an unfinished product, i think 60% of consoles at first release would break now thats down to around 15% with the new consoles. improvement is the key and you cant make it perfect as i said.

My laptop is still running XP, its got just enough for minimum of the game but still runs well im happy with FM2010 and i think it will keep improving.

no crash dumps as of yet:) so i'm happy out.

i know in relation to games crashing, that the software on a system can cause conflicts and may that cause some of the crash dumps.

i remember playing elder scrolls 4 oblivion on my brothers laptop, that some hp software which secretly running in the background caused all sorts of problems for me playing oblivion.

so op it might be worth running msconfig to see what programs run in the background

hope this helps

Hi,

My game has been crashing (crash dumps) and this time it won't go past Jan 1 2011. How do I get a refund for this game please as it's faulty?

Also - are you going to pay me anything for beta testing this unfinished game?

Thanks,

S. Giuseppe

Actually, it's a problem with compatability with your computer. Have you tried the patches.

Also, I doubt you can get a refund. I couldn't get one

I agree with you mate. SIGA simply dont respect their customer. Hoa is it posiible to buy the game, and deal with a lot of problems. I got tired of listening all thw time from SIGA games check the computer system. if they cant find the solutions, then they should stop the production of the game. crashes and crashes ll continue, unfortunately because SIGA games have no idea what is the problem. I know but i ll not say to them the solution.

I agree with you mate. SIGA simply dont respect their customer. Hoa is it posiible to buy the game, and deal with a lot of problems. I got tired of listening all thw time from SIGA games check the computer system. if they cant find the solutions, then they should stop the production of the game. crashes and crashes ll continue, unfortunately because SIGA games have no idea what is the problem. I know but i ll not say to them the solution.

It's SEGA. :)

You know what is causing the crashes but don't want to tell?

If you really want money back; your best option is to go back to your retailer with receipt and they may take it back BUT I know not all do that.

Buggy games can not be called faulty since it does work under most circumstances. If any crush/freeze was a valid reason for blaming software then Bill Gates would not make billions in first place. All software has bugs, some has minor some has major, and it also depends on user and the system it runs on.

If you are not satisfied I believe it is best to ask technical help in more positive manners and if you are still not feeling good about it then just leave it and do not buy a new copy of FM in the future which is, believe me, the most effective thing you can do to to protest developers.

I know in the UK retailers rarely take back PC games due to the activation code system. Think of it this way, if you brought a second game and couldnt play it because the CD key was already in use how happy would you be then?

Console games are much different of course.

mate best suggestion i can offer first, because it soiunds like you have tried most things - install on a different computer and see if it works there, if it does then you know its a problem with your computer, if it doesnt work then you know it is a problem with your copy

to be fair i can see where hes coming from ive un-installed and installed a few times now and then i finally thought the patch 10.2 had worked but last night i got my first crash dump on the new patch, i was devastated but i love fm too much to not keep persisting with the game

Couldnt it just be that his game wasnt made properly in production.

It Doesnt have to be everybodies game is broken for it to mean that he can get a refund

I advise you to go to the shop where you purchased it and explain your problem.

Ive been watching 'Screwed' on 'BBC three' and im quite sure you can get a refund for these things

It Doesnt have to be everybodies game is broken for it to mean that he can get a refund

I advise you to go to the shop where you purchased it and explain your problem.

Ive been watching 'Screwed' on 'BBC three' and im quite sure you can get a refund for these things

I think you'll find that the games go trough a quick run test before they leave the prodution area. Well in most cases they do :)

A singular person receiving crash dumps doesn't mean the game is at fault I'm afraid.

Are you being real?

Would you please take a look at the NUMEROUS threads on these forums about people experiencing crash dumps with the game and tell me that its a single person who is experiencing them?

What a joke of a statement.

Are you being real?

Would you please take a look at the NUMEROUS threads on these forums about people experiencing crash dumps with the game and tell me that its a single person who is experiencing them?

As said above:

If it was the game then everybody would have these crashes.

It will be a compatibility problem, probably with software.

The "NUMEROUS" people are infact the minority, probably less than 100 now, tho I haven't counted them individually.

If you do some research on the error message most report you'll find it seems to be .net framework related.

A lot of different software has been reported as having the same problem and error message, some of it is pretty high end and esoteric stuff too.

I'm using Win7 and have never had a crash, is anybody using Win7 suffering the problem?

Are you being real?

And if you would go and look at all those NUMEROUS threads you mention, you would find its many of the same people who are having the issues. SI is saying that it isnt the game because if it was something wrong with the game itself, EVERYONE would be having crash dumps. As thats not the case, the statement is correct. With all the different types of hardware and software out there, it would be impossible to test every single combination. When SI found out about the memory leak issues, they took steps to fix it.

Im sorry for those having issues playing as I know how frustrating it can be when software doesnt work. To come on the boards and blame SI for these problems, however, is wrong and unfair.

:rolleyes: Utter nonsense on a galactic scale.

If it was the game then everybody would have these crashes.

It will be a compatibility problem, probably with software.

This. O/S or System configuration, software compatibility.

No. Unlikely. It'll be what's mentioned above.

If you do some research on the error message most report you'll find it seems to be .net framework related.

A lot of different software has been reported as having the same problem and error message, some of it is pretty high end and esoteric stuff too.

I'm using Win7 and have never had a crash, is anybody using Win7 suffering the problem?

No, not here, 7 runs like a dream with FM.

Archived