Worst/Best Last day Experiance?

Just had a Wonderul Season with Arsenal.....For the last three years i have won the CL and the FA Cup twice but i have never won the League.....Well going into the Last day of the Season, I had a two point lead over Man Utd and Chelsea..I had to play my Bogey Team WHU at Upton Park while Chelsea and Man Utd have easy games at home to Watford and Middlesbrough (Who were relegated at the time) Man Utd won 3-0....But their GF is not as good as Chelsea so they lost it, Chelsea were still 0-0 with Boro....I was 1-0 up going into 90mins...Just thinking " Finally i won the League" then....WHU get a Penalty with Mark Noble scoring then the game finished and i Chelsea had to score 2 goals to win the League and it's 0-0....Then i see 2-0 Chelsea with Ballack and Drogba scoring in the 90th minute icon_mad.gif

Im so close to doing it again..but im not cause it would have felt better to win it first time!

Have you either won the league on the Last day or lost it or have you got relegated/escaped on the last day?

Just had a Wonderul Season with Arsenal.....For the last three years i have won the CL and the FA Cup twice but i have never won the League.....Well going into the Last day of the Season, I had a two point lead over Man Utd and Chelsea..I had to play my Bogey Team WHU at Upton Park while Chelsea and Man Utd have easy games at home to Watford and Middlesbrough (Who were relegated at the time) Man Utd won 3-0....But their GF is not as good as Chelsea so they lost it, Chelsea were still 0-0 with Boro....I was 1-0 up going into 90mins...Just thinking " Finally i won the League" then....WHU get a Penalty with Mark Noble scoring then the game finished and i Chelsea had to score 2 goals to win the League and it's 0-0....Then i see 2-0 Chelsea with Ballack and Drogba scoring in the 90th minute icon_mad.gif

Im so close to doing it again..but im not cause it would have felt better to win it first time!

Have you either won the league on the Last day or lost it or have you got relegated/escaped on the last day?

yes lost out on winning league in 2nd season with arsenal, cud onyl draw 0-0 with west ham, but with man utd drawing with wigan away i was on course for title, suddenly man utd score a late winner. and man utd win league on goal difference, a misery compounded by the fact i scored 92 points yet still didnt win league

Yes. FM07 with Blackburn. I was 2 points behind Liverpool last day of the season and level on points with Everton who were second (I was third).

My last game was Everton away, I was worried as I'd been struggling away from home. Liverpool had 17th placed Leicester away. I managed a 3-1 win and Leicester somehow pulled out a 2-0 victory to give me the title.

I have had two very memorable last days (not necessarily good, but memorable).

In FM 2007, I was Celtic and trailed Rangers by three points and five in goal differential heading into the last day. Was playing Rangers, which meant that if I won by three goals, I would win the title, but was only able to 4-2. icon_frown.gif

In FM 2008, I was Paris Saint-Germain and was mid-table the whole season, but on the final day I was playing Toulouse away, who had to win to claim the Ligue 1 title. Just a week previous, Toulouse had killed me in a Coupe de France semifinal 6-0, but this day was to be much closer. I kept on tying the game, 1-1 and 2-2, before Toulouse ended up winning 3-2 to win the title.

I will be able to answer this in ten minutes time or so. I am top of league 1 by two points, there is one game to go in the season, 2nd places goal difference is the same as mine. A draw may not be enough to see me champions. Im away, and my away form has let me down so far this season, am undefeated at home.

I won the League with Arsenal on the last day, I needed to beat Chelsea on the last day and hoped Man Utd slipped up against Newcastle. I won 2-0 and Utd could only draw 1-1 with Newcastle

It was on FMH, but who cares?!?

About 12th season IIRC, and i had turned Watford into a Premier League team, challenging for the title.

I had already won it once by then, and I was in second place, behind Chelsea, 3 goals behind them but on equal points. That meant that if Chelsea were to win(And they almost certainly were), I worked out that realisticlly I needed to win by 4 goals to win the league, as they had scored more, so equal goal difference wouldnt matter.

It was something like this

1. Chelsea - 87 points - +45 - 56 scored

2. Watford - 87 points - +43 - 53 scored

I went into a game (Last game of the season)with West Brom, who were already relegated.

I took a quick 3-0 lead, and found myself top of the table as Chelsea were drawing.

After half time, Chelsea scored one. I also scored one.

Thats how it remained until the 90th minute.

Then disaster struck. Fulham, who Chelsea were playing, had a concentration lapse, and one of their Spanish regens scored an own goal.

Final scores were - Chelsea 2-0 Fulham and Watford 4-0 West Brom.

I scored the 4 I wanted, but as it was so late I didnt think Chelsea had a chance!

The final table was this

1. Chelsea - 90 points - +49 - 59 scored

2. Watford - 90 points - +49 - 58 scored

I was gutted!

for some unknown reason, my 37th league game of season 2 with arsenal was resheduled till after everyone else had played their 38th. there was no cup final for us or them, no fixture congestion at all. i drew the original 38th game and was 1 point behind United after their 38th. fulham was one of my bogey teams aswell.

until i looked at the table, i thought it was all over, then i saw that i had 1 game left! i scoured the news page to see if i had missed the reshedule message, there was none.

anyway i went 1-0 down and came back to win 1-2 in the last 15 minutes. i felt as if the AI cheated for me, so i was glad when i won it outright the next year.

Stupid AI, cheated itself icon_biggrin.gif

As AFC Wimbledon in 2040 I was in 4th place in the Prem.

Arsenal were top 3 points ahead of me. Man U behind them on goal difference. Newcastle in 3rd 2 points behind Ars and Man U.

I had Villa at home. Arsenal had Chelsea away (Chelsea are crap and in 16th place. They havn't won anything at all since 2017). Man U had Liverpool away. Newcastle had Reading away (needing points to stay up).

Liverpool take an early lead against Man U. Shortly after I take the lead against current champions Villa. Reading take the lead against Newcastle before the break. At half time I'm 2nd behind Arsenal by 1 point.

In the second half Chelsea take the lead against Arsenal to put me top! Liverpool add another against United. However Newcastle equalise against Reading to make the situation very tense.

The games come to a close and Man U and Arsenal find their title dreams are over. AFC Wimbledon close out the game in a nervy finish.

In the 92nd minute at the Madjeski Newcastle score to make it 2-1 and win the title. However, in the 95th minute Reading go up the other end to equalise themselves to stay up on goal difference and hand the league to me with AFC Wimbledon for the first time in their history.

Archived