Oceania has some decent team.

I never new Fiji were ranked 101, one behind New Zealand.

And If you think about it most Oceanian teams could easily beat teams like Malta, Andorra, Liechtenstein, Moldova and Luxembourg.

I managing Solomon Islands who are ranked 164th on the game.Most of the good players are young but players like Commins Menapi and Benjamin Totori aren't.

Commins Menapi actual international record:37 caps 34 goals.

Fiji may be good ranked, but they suck. They don't stand a chance against New Zealand. The FIFA-ranking is at best unreliable anyways; what rank a team have don't actually reflect their skill, except for top10 and bottom10, really.

Fiji may be good ranked, but they suck. They don't stand a chance against New Zealand. The FIFA-ranking is at best unreliable anyways; what rank a team have don't actually reflect their skill, except for top10 and bottom10, really.

Fifa rankings are irrelevant to an extent, For example USA i dont think are one of the top best nations in the world and yet they're there and have been for a good while.

Oceania has some decent team.

I never new Fiji were ranked 101, one behind New Zealand.

And If you think about it most Oceanian teams could easily beat teams like Malta, Andorra, Liechtenstein, Moldova and Luxembourg.

I managing Solomon Islands who are ranked 164th on the game.Most of the good players are young but players like Commins Menapi and Benjamin Totori aren't.

Commins Menapi actual international record:37 caps 34 goals.

How did you become manager of Solomon Islands? What size of the database are you playing? How many nations are being made playable?

I actually think you would be surprised, the last time Fiji played a team outside of Oceania was a 3 match series against Malaysia which they won 2 games, lost 1. There is only one reason Oceania cannot improve its standing in the Football World, and its not because we only play games against each other. No actually the problem is European Nations, South American, Central European Nations and others NEVER wanting to come and play us. Look at New Zealand even, the only time someone will play us is in the World Cup Qualifying or Confeds Cup, or in a friendly before one of these. Get off your bloody High horses and look at the problem seriously for a second.

Also I bet if San Marino or Andorra travelled to Fiji they would lose, and probably get thumped in it.

Hello

I would say you loony because Fiji would not be match for Eurasian nation.

Thankyou

You would be wrong as Fifa obviously agree with me, the World Ranking system is their idea of who they would be a match for. Fiji ranked 132 right now alongside teams such as Luxembourg 128, Yemen 130, while Andorra & San Marino rank 202nd & 203rd respectively.

Edit: BTW I notice you only commented on my bet at the bottom and not the whole concept of the post, but that is typical of posts like mine, people just pick on one fact.

Hello

Fiji play worthless team like Vanuatu whereas San Marino play useless teams such as Spain. :sunglasses:

Thankyou

And the ranking system accounts for that, teams get more ranking points for a win over Spain than they do for a result against Vanuatu.

And again ignoring the point that: "THE REASON FIJI DON'T PLAY SPAIN IS BECAUSE SPAIN WILL NOT TRAVEL TO PLAY THEM" or invite them to their grounds either. They won't even play New Zealand unless forced too.

And the ranking system accounts for that, teams get more ranking points for a win over Spain than they do for a result against Vanuatu.

And again ignoring the point that: "THE REASON FIJI DON'T PLAY SPAIN IS BECAUSE SPAIN WILL NOT TRAVEL TO PLAY THEM" or invite them to their grounds either. They won't even play New Zealand unless forced too.

Ehrm that argument would only be relevant if San Marino actually would win something... But they usually get something along the lines of 0-5 or 0-10 against any top European country.

Besides, why would Spain want to go there? They'd win at about the same number of goals as they would against Andorra, Liechtenstein, San Marino or so. Completely pointless for them to go to Oceania. Not even New Zealand would be any match for Spain really. I'd rate New Zealand about the level of countries like maybe Slovenia and Belarus really...

^ But who's in the World Cup?

New Zealand!

I would say that New Caledonia, Fiji and Vanuatu is somewhat easier opponents than England, Ukraine, Croatia (for Belarus) and Czech, Poland and Slovakia (for Slovenia)...

American Samoa vs San Marino ftw :thup:
That would be entertaining, we're talking rugby scores eh ?

I believe the world record for highest scoring football match was a 31-0 win by Australia over American Samoa, with Archie Thompson scoring something like 13 goals. So if Thompson can get that many you're looking at a big score even by rugby standards.

FIFA rankings are pretty pointless for this, the bottom european sides are so low because they only ever play european sides and hence lose the lot and you can't rank someone high if you just lost every game but they never play weak teams in Oceania for example (for the record Totori is actually a decent player).

A game was organised in 2002 called "the other final" between the then bottom ranked teams, Bhutan beat Montserrat 4-0.

Besides, why would Spain want to go there? They'd win at about the same number of goals as they would against Andorra, Liechtenstein, San Marino or so. Completely pointless for them to go to Oceania. Not even New Zealand would be any match for Spain really. I'd rate New Zealand about the level of countries like maybe Slovenia and Belarus really...

Spain played NZ in the last Confederations Cup, it was 5-0 and like a practice game for them. Painful to watch for an NZ supporter. NZ's best results recently are a 3-4 loss to Italy in a friendly (that we were leading for much of the game); a 2-2 draw with Wales, a 1-1 draw with Estonia, a 3-1 win over Georgia (all in friendlies) and a 0-0 draw with Iraq in the Confed Cup.

Not really a lot to be proud of there.

Now in FM10, NZ is actually a half-decent side (for a lowly-ranked country). I played the World Champions League custom database from the Challenges forum, and managed to get some decent results (beat Chile in the WC, got NZ's ranking up from 101 to 65 or so).

I decided to create a second manager in my save to be in charge of Vanuatu, just for fun and for the kick of playing as such a poor team.

Well, let's say it wasn't that much fun :)

The players are so bad it's almost irrelevant who you call up, you'll be lucky if you have a "star player" with two or more double-digits technical/mental attribute.

I drew 0-0 against the Solomon Islands and quickly loaded my previous career back.

Without a decent international scouting system, being the manager of smaller team is a chore, and basically not worth it.

I always want to get New Zealand in FM, because that pretty much guarantees an easy title (the CONCAF Cup) :p

i think you mean the concacaf cup and that's not oceania. That's north and central america, like the USA and Mexico, e.t.c. But yeah i know what you mean playing as new zealand you're practically guaranteed the OFC Nations Cup, the last game in that cup i ever went to see was the second leg of the final between Australia and Solomon Islands, we won 6-0.

IRL even the mid ranked European teams would struggle against the better island nations such as Soloman Island's away. More so due to the conditions than the football. Playing at 2pm in 40 degree heat on a field as level as your average cow paddock isnt easy. Australia always used to struggle in these games, but then hammer these teams at home.

IRL even the mid ranked European teams would struggle against the better island nations such as Soloman Island's away. More so due to the conditions than the football. Playing at 2pm in 40 degree heat on a field as level as your average cow paddock isnt easy. Australia always used to struggle in these games, but then hammer these teams at home.

Chuck in the 100% humidity also

Archived