It's strange how trends come about in FM as in real life...

I've been playing a long-term game (I'm in 2033) in FM07 ever since I bought it (now 3 years ago), and I've started seeing some interesting trends regarding transfer spending.

Obviously, since the game came out before many moneybags events of the last two years, the game has played out a bit differently.

However, I noticed that big transfers don't happen too often anymore. In fact, the prices offered for players seem to swing radically from one end to the next.

For example, the price of the most expensive players seem to swing by at least 10-20 million over the course of a few years. For several years in the mid 2020's, the big-money transfers were in the 40-50m quid range, whereas now, in the 2030's, the top player transfers each year are closer to 20 million.

I suppose this can be attributed to better regens (ie. world superstars) only coming around once every few years or so, but it's interesting to see such a concrete trend in the game, as it really shows how "special" these players are when they come around.

But also, I notice that while I may have players that are on par with players I've sold before, clubs are much less willing to offer the astronomical amounts of money they were before, also an interesting trend.

Sheesh, I feel, in retrospect, that this is a really esoteric subject to base a thread on...

Archived