End of the transfer window

It's the 31st January/August and you're pushing through that final capture of the transfer window. The selling club agrees a price, the player agrees a contract. Now the work permit application must be sent through. Nine cases out of ten, the application gets done extra quickly if you're on the final day of the transfer window, but in that odd instance, the work permit isn't done before the window shuts. This then CANCELS the entire transfer.

My idea is that there should be an option on the 31st January/August at midnight which says something along the lines of

'The work permit application couldn't be approved in time for the end of this transfer window, would you like to continue the process anyway?'

This would just mean the application could be denied or granted after the window, meaning the player in question would get a transfer at the start of the next transfer window. I find it somewhat annoying that even though you have agreed a price and a contract, and are pretty sure the player would get a work permit, the whole thing gets cancelled just because the transfer window shuts.

What are people's thoughts on this? Does it sound viable?

It's the 31st January/August and you're pushing through that final capture of the transfer window. The selling club agrees a price, the player agrees a contract. Now the work permit application must be sent through. Nine cases out of ten, the application gets done extra quickly if you're on the final day of the transfer window, but in that odd instance, the work permit isn't done before the window shuts. This then CANCELS the entire transfer.

My idea is that there should be an option on the 31st January/August at midnight which says something along the lines of

'The work permit application couldn't be approved in time for the end of this transfer window, would you like to continue the process anyway?'

This would just mean the application could be denied or granted after the window, meaning the player in question would get a transfer at the start of the next transfer window. I find it somewhat annoying that even though you have agreed a price and a contract, and are pretty sure the player would get a work permit, the whole thing gets cancelled just because the transfer window shuts.

What are people's thoughts on this? Does it sound viable?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gcormack:

why on earth did you post this twice??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goodzorr_avfc:

Holy crap! Sorry for double posting! I wrote it all out then I closed the wrong window, I didn't think it had posted! Then I had to write the whole damn thing out again! Apologies! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goodzorr_avfc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gcormack:

why on earth did you post this twice??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Holy crap! Sorry for double posting! I wrote it all out then I closed the wrong window, I didn't think it had posted! Then I had to write the whole damn thing out again! Apologies! </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mayte i cant believe your picking up on me for this when i appoligised already!

sorry this one was deliberate :p

Top idea icon14.gif

There are often some transfers that don't need WPs but you get to midnight and they still haven't gone though and they get cancelled. Think they should go through when the next window opens.

Also loans to smaller clubs (in Championship, L1&2 etc) which get cancelled when the transfer window closes even though they still are able to do loan deals needs to be allowed to go through rather than cancelled. (If that made sense icon_rolleyes.gif)

Archived