Players don't seem to enjoy listening

i really don't want to sound like a whiny little ass, so i'll try to make this as short as possible:

i'm playing as a.c. milan in my second season with a 4-2-3-1 deep formation. in most of my games, i notice that i lose possession quite often because pirlo or the wingers just blast it from one point on the field to another point quite far away. personally, this didn't suit the type of football that i enjoy or the football that i find efficient.

my solution was, naturally, to try and reduce the passing length. i set the passing from 'more direct' to 'shorter' and used the touchline shout 'pass to feet.' no dice. to make things worse, instead of wide and slow like i usually play, they just blast the ball right after it touches their feet.

finally, my players just refuse to pass it to pato, the guy i've pretty much designated to have the ball as much as possible. i set him as the target man, set the supply to 'to feet,' and changed the passing of the players around him. yet, they still think it's a much better idea to blast it to huntelaar's head, and he either loses it or doesn't know what to do with it.

again, i don't want to sound like i'm complaining; i'd just like to know if anyone has a solution?

i really don't want to sound like a whiny little ass, so i'll try to make this as short as possible:

i'm playing as a.c. milan in my second season with a 4-2-3-1 deep formation. in most of my games, i notice that i lose possession quite often because pirlo or the wingers just blast it from one point on the field to another point quite far away. personally, this didn't suit the type of football that i enjoy or the football that i find efficient.

my solution was, naturally, to try and reduce the passing length. i set the passing from 'more direct' to 'shorter' and used the touchline shout 'pass to feet.' no dice. to make things worse, instead of wide and slow like i usually play, they just blast the ball right after it touches their feet.

finally, my players just refuse to pass it to pato, the guy i've pretty much designated to have the ball as much as possible. i set him as the target man, set the supply to 'to feet,' and changed the passing of the players around him. yet, they still think it's a much better idea to blast it to huntelaar's head, and he either loses it or doesn't know what to do with it.

again, i don't want to sound like i'm complaining; i'd just like to know if anyone has a solution?

Haha I'm having a similar problem except its when i play AC. I always try and keep the ball away from pato but unfortunately it doesn't work and every time he scores at least twice!!

Also in your team talks does your ass man say that they didn't appear to be listening because I haven't been listened to in years!!

bleh, i wish i had that team's pato. in the first season, he was fantastic, winning almost all the awards he was eligible for. he's been absolute trash recently :/

it's more about the tactics than the team talks, i'd think, but i guess i should check on those too

You guys noticing that Inter keep winning the league with 90+ pts and conceed like 10-15 goals a season?

My AC game is going OK .. I tried a load of formations over 3 seasons then switched to a 442 and with Fabregas in midfield it clicked.

Pirlo never really got going on my game, he's got no pace or ability to challenge for the ball in the air and no strength. He may be an excellent advanced playmaker but defensively he's useless and seems very inconsistent in the retrained AMC role.

Archived