New Anfield? It hasn't even been built!

I am currently at the beggining of my 4th season with Liverpool and following the last Champions League final, the host for the new season's final was announced. To my surprise, the final will be hosted in the New Anfield stadium, in England. That would have been great, but I have not been able to build the New Anfield yet. All my requests for expanding the stadium have been turned down. Following the announcement I gave it another go and again I wasn't able to build the new stadium and even if I could, there is no way it would be ready for the CL final at the end of the season. I was wondering if anyone has noticed this before and knows what will happen when the time comes for the final to be played?

I am currently at the beggining of my 4th season with Liverpool and following the last Champions League final, the host for the new season's final was announced. To my surprise, the final will be hosted in the New Anfield stadium, in England. That would have been great, but I have not been able to build the New Anfield yet. All my requests for expanding the stadium have been turned down. Following the announcement I gave it another go and again I wasn't able to build the new stadium and even if I could, there is no way it would be ready for the CL final at the end of the season. I was wondering if anyone has noticed this before and knows what will happen when the time comes for the final to be played?

Asking to expand the stadium isnt the same as getting a new stadium built. The reason you can expand the stadium is because Anfield can't be expanded due to planning permission. This is the reason why the new stadium is being built in the first place.

i had something similar in my game but the opposite way.

I got some news after the champ lge final that the final next year would be played at stamford bridge (chelsea), only problem is chelsea have already moved to a new stadium (zola park)

The stadium actually exists already in the game database, which is quite strange. But as the stadium move is on/off in real life, no date can be given for when they officially move into the new stadium in the game.

Which leads to the rather odd bug that you've now experienced.

The stadium actually exists already in the game database, which is quite strange. But as the stadium move is on/off in real life, no date can be given for when they officially move into the new stadium in the game.

Then surely it should be out of the database, at least until everything is confirmed?

Oh, ok, that explains it. However it should have been linked somehow with Liverpool, for example depending on how good you do financially, or if there is a change in the ownership, the move to the new stadium should be made available, or the works for its completion could be resumed or something.

I edited the DB every FM edition so that the they move to "Stanley Park Stadium". I look up the latest estimated date online to enter. Unfortunatly it is later every IRL year. Heard the other day they will start building IRL in April.

Fingers crossed!

Archived