Heartwrenching Transfers

So what transfers were just too good to turn down for you, no matter how much you wanted to keep them?

In season 4 I signed Dzeko for 25mil for Liverpool, beginning of season 5 Juventus bid a few times and finally at £70m I've accepted.

Farewell sweet prince :(

Ive had a few that were tough to let go of, but they were mainly regens... I've even gone as far as to shortlist em, and watch their carees, and in one case, bring him back to my club as a coach... :D

arsenalfan7 > how in the hell did you get him for that price???? cost me £24m when i bought him!!

Ive had a few that were tough to let go of, but they were mainly regens... I've even gone as far as to shortlist em, and watch their carees, and in one case, bring him back to my club as a coach... :D

arsenalfan7 > how in the hell did you get him for that price???? cost me £24m when i bought him!!

He was transfer listed .. Must of requested a transfer? Personally I wasn't interested in him but how can you reject £8.5mill for a player like that? :rolleyes:

I'm a Chelsea fan, so in 09, playing as Chelsea, I had to let Drogba go after two years. He got a bit unhappy about his reduced playing time after the arrival of Mario Balotelli, and when Man Utd. came knocking with a bid of 8M (Maybe. Not sure.), it was too good to resist. Same thing with Kalou, only City bid 20M for him, and I don't even like him that much.

Agustin Delgado at Notts County. Top scorer, fan favourite, but as with all South American types, League One is not enough.

When Celtic offered to double the money I paid for him, I pretty much had no choice.

Now he's top scorer in the SPL and I'm struggling.

Maybe I should have just hung on to him....

Van Der Vaart. Have religiously signed him every version since FM07 and it was no different this time round. Transfer listed at Real Madrid, he cost 8.5 million but was an immediate hit. Unfotunately after 3 years his stats started dropping and he wasn't playing as often, mainly because i got Gourcuff on a free transfer. Eventually i decided to sell him so he could carry on playing. Juventus took him off me for 2.7 million.

Welliton and Yildirim and Jorgensen. All were quality but the wage demands go too high and they were getting old so I told them when I knew I could get the max amount of cash. Sold them and bought in players that cost pennies in fees and wages. but were just as good.

So what transfers were just too good to turn down for you, no matter how much you wanted to keep them?

In season 4 I signed Dzeko for 25mil for Liverpool, beginning of season 5 Juventus bid a few times and finally at £70m I've accepted.

Farewell sweet prince :(

Haha almost identical to mine.

I bought Dzeko in Season 2 for £25m he became an Icon after scoring 106 goals in 156 league games. Then Juventus bid £40m in Jan season 7 and i had to accept really as Rooney is still the main man and I've got 2 excellent English regens (plus Welbeck). So it broke my heart to see him go but £40m before he hit 30 yrs old was too good to refuse considering the fact he was on £120k/week and hardly playing.

I had to sell Eduardo at the beginning of the fourth season after getting Pato for free. It's not like it was a bad deal, but I really like him as a player and didn't want to sell him; he just wasn't going to get onto the pitch, so no use keeping him around.

Just had another

signed Lucas Bilgia on a free at the beginning of season 4. Jan season 5, few german clubs bid £7.5m, seeing as he's only on my subs bench, I'm selling him, but he scored a cracker in the league cup final last year :(

Archived