FM10 - How to became an excellent transferts negotiator?

Hello, I'm new on the forum. I'm from France, but i didn't like french forums of FM, wich are not so complete and rich like this one.:)

My question on this post is how to negotiate at best with players? In effect I have some difficulties to negotiate with the clubs and with the players. Generally I don't negotiate at all with the clubs and the players, the most of the time, their price is my price :thdn: .But I founded this difficult to negotiate because when you want to do your own offer, they always reject all of them. So have you advices to negotiate at best contracts and transferts compensation. And I also wanted to ask generally how many time lasts your negotiation?

depends on the situation.. but generally..

get a report on them to see if your scout can get a price for him (says in the report).

offer well below what you think they will accept but higher then his value..

they will come back with a huge price... offer them somewhere in the middle of your original offer and theirs...

do this until you get to a point where you think you cant get a better offer and then make your final offer by setting the offer to 'no negotiation' and deadline to 'tomorrow' .

this is the way i do it on a budget

to many fm players are impatient when it comes to player buying and selling and dont manage to get anywhere near the value for money they can do with players

This is more for GD. :thup:

But I sort of do what welshace says. With the adding of this when they accept I usually cancel the offer, come back after a day and offer the same -500,000 euro, they usually accept. :D Yes I'm that cheap.

But in the game the clubs don't negotiate, it is impossible for me to sell my players, because they generally offers a price under their values. I'm obliged to keep my players even if they aren't good for my team because i don't want to sell them under their prices. But i am going to try your advices, thanks :thup:

If im selling players, i start by offering well above there value, same as the AI does to us, and then the negotiations begin from there.

Say Gary Caldwell is valued at 4.2 million, I would then offer him out at 7.5 million. And if clubs are interested in the player which they usually are, they will come back with an offer that should be somewhere between the players value and the value you have offered him out at :thup:

Btw Welcome to the forums :)

I have a good negotiation method suggestion.

1. Send a good scout and find out if the player is interested in your club, and how much the club wants for the player.

1.5 If the player really wants to join your club, use the interaction to make yourself a favourite personnel. This works best when the player likes you.

2. Always use 'non-negotiable'.

3. Make a non-negotiable offer a little below the price the scout is telling you, so that it will be rejected.

4. When the offer is rejected, watch for the player's happiness. If he likes you or really wants to move to your club, he will be unsettled. If he is not unhappy, then increase the price a little more and see if that makes a difference, but still it needs to be rejected.

5. Let a few days pass and scout the player again and find out if the price has changed.

6. Usually if the player is a bit unhappy, the price will come down. But this doesn't work all the time.

GL.

If im selling players, i start by offering well above there value, same as the AI does to us, and then the negotiations begin from there.

Say Gary Caldwell is valued at 4.2 million, I would then offer him out at 7.5 million. And if clubs are interested in the player which they usually are, they will come back with an offer that should be somewhere between the players value and the value you have offered him out at :thup:

Btw Welcome to the forums :)

Thank you:)

And i am wondering about another method and someone can tell me if that's effective :

Ask the club by using the interaction to know precisely how many they wants for their player, then make an offer between his value in the game and the value of his club would like, as IRL and then try to negotiate with the club using non-negotiable option. That seems for someone effective?

Also I haven't enough trust at scouts, because since I started playing at FM, I tried sometimes to not follow the scouts advices on players. For example when i send my scouts to observe a player who interests me, they make a bad report on him like his enough good for our team. Then, i bought him all the same to see if the advices are relevants but how much i was surprised to see that he was a very good players and maked very good matches. Don't you share my point of view?

I have a good negotiation method suggestion.

1. Send a good scout and find out if the player is interested in your club, and how much the club wants for the player.

1.5 If the player really wants to join your club, use the interaction to make yourself a favourite personnel. This works best when the player likes you.

2. Always use 'non-negotiable'.

3. Make a non-negotiable offer a little below the price the scout is telling you, so that it will be rejected.

4. When the offer is rejected, watch for the player's happiness. If he likes you or really wants to move to your club, he will be unsettled. If he is not unhappy, then increase the price a little more and see if that makes a difference, but still it needs to be rejected.

5. Let a few days pass and scout the player again and find out if the price has changed.

6. Usually if the player is a bit unhappy, the price will come down. But this doesn't work all the time.

GL.

Might try the non-negotiable route, as I've been after a £12 million player.

When I bid on him, the club wanted £109 million!

A little out of my price range!

Thank you:)

And i am wondering about another method and someone can tell me if that's effective :

Ask the club by using the interaction to know precisely how many they wants for their player, then make an offer between his value in the game and the value of his club would like, as IRL and then try to negotiate with the club using non-negotiable option. That seems for someone effective?

Also I haven't enough trust at scouts, because since I started playing at FM, I tried sometimes to not follow the scouts advices on players. For example when i send my scouts to observe a player who interests me, they make a bad report on him like his enough good for our team. Then, i bought him all the same to see if the advices are relevants but how much i was surprised to see that he was a very good players and maked very good matches. Don't you share my point of view?

nobody can tell me if that's a good method?

sure the scouts aren't always right about the players skill level, they don't see certain things in a player that you can like position relevant stats, this also works the other way, a scout may highly recomend a player but certain flaws in his game mean he is not so good, they are usualy pretty good at player valuation though and i agree with chocips method of negotiation. The only thing i would ad is if the player might be interested in joining your club don't use the interact button as this will force him to comment and could lead to him not being interested in joining your club as well as making you look a fool, also commenting on a player can upset other players in your squad who play his position.

• 6 months later...

What I usually do is scout the player and get the price that way. Then I make an offer of that amount. They usually want more and I negotiate between the two amounts. I probably could save more money by doing it differently but it is the way I go about it and it works for me.

I always bid the sum the player is valued. The clubs usually reject. Depending on how much a player is worth, I will gradually increase my fee until the AI club wants to negotiate. Keep your last offer in mind and compare it to the sum the AI club wants. Usually you will meet halfway. Example: If you bid 3 mil and the AI starts negotiating 6 mil, your 4,5 mil offer will be accepted in most cases.

As for selling players: Offer them out for twice their market value. AI clubs usually don't offer more if you want to sell them. If no club shows interest, gradually decrease the demanded transfer sum until no message "no offers for xxx" is in your inbox. After some days, you will receive an offer from an AI club.

I'm going to echo a lot of what's been said. These are some things I will do:

1.) Make friendly interactions with the selling club's manager. Sometimes a manager will give you a discount or be more likely to have a discussion if you are on good terms or are friends.

2.) Scout the player, look for your scouts' estimates on his purchase/loan price and salary demands.

3.) Make an inquiry with his club (under the transfer/loan dropdown) to find out the price for which the club says they want. This will be higher than what you want to pay, but it's another piece of data you can use. Use this inquiry price, your scouts' estimates, and his given market value to give you a range in which to work.

4.) Using the player interaction tool, make friendly interactions with the player. You may unsettle him, which may make his current club more likely to sell. It may also make him more likely to accept a contract offer once your purchase offer is accepted.

5.) Always carefully review the list of transfer listed players, they are easy to buy and will come with a significantly lower price. Players with a team role of "not needed by club" or "backup" will be easier to negotiate for than the more important players.

Archived