Best FM/CM save you have had?

What's everyone's greatest ever save game?

This was in CM 03/04

Mine would have to be my Rangers save where I led them to 3 Domestic Trebles in a row, also in those 3 seasons I lost the Champions League Final, then in my 4th season I won the Quadruple, finally clinching the Champions League in my only ever Champions League win.

In those 4 years I developed a squad entirely of Scottish players that managed to do the Quadruple.

5th season I moved to Man City and won the Premier League on the final game of the season pippin Man Utd to the title.

6th Season I moved back to Rangers after the previous manager made a mess of things and spent my 80m transfer budget I had accumulated.

Then my save game got corrupted :(

What's everyone elses?

Ive had a few good long-term ones, got Solihull Moors into the premiership and into europe (fm08) and already had a couple of 15 year saves on fm10 with liverpool. The best was probably my effort in Hong Kong though.

Took over HKFC (hong kong football club) in 2009, a previously unplayable team, and turned them into a stunning team, sweeping all before them in domestic competition. We won 17 consecutive league titles, along with a few Asian Champions Leagues, before a board takeover and I got sacked! That prompted me to uninstall FM08 and nto to play it for a year or so!

real sociedad on fm09

27 league titles, best streak was 9 in a row

19 champions leauges, incl. 7 in a row

19 spanish cups, incl. 6 in a row

also won a uefa cup early on.

overall record was

played 2526

won 1847

drew 438

lost 241

scored 2.1p/m

conceded 0.7p/m

gd 3711

also won international competitions.

aside from this though, my greatest achievement was winning all 36 derbies i played against athletic which was just a good record at first but in the end resulted in me playing this games like they were cup finals and resting people weeks in advance. i also managed to bring through a lot of basque players who started at the club and give them first team for decades.

by far my favourite save.

I think my best was in 99-00 with Parma and Alessandro Sgrigna banging in 50 goals in 1 season. A fantastic Christmas Tree formation with Buffon, Jellyman, Thuram, Cannavaro, Sagnol, Aimar, Riquelme, Lassisi, Longo and Davies and Sgrigna.

Glorious days.

FC Doordrecht on fm09.

I started in 2015 with relegated Willem II, moved on to Haarlem & then got my big break with Vitesse in the Eredivisie. I finished 3rd in my first season there, then went on to win 2 titles in 3 seasons. I accidentally gave the board an ultimatum in my 4th season and was sacked, and was offered the job at moneybags Doordrecht. They were my bogey team at Vitesse, and were pushing me for the title the previous season.

I poached a promising backup striker & a young AMC who I put in the reserves at my old club, who between themselves turned Doordrecht into the new Ajax. We didn't win the title until my 4th season, a year after the young AMC had been sold to Roma for £18M.

My 5th and final season was by far the best I've had on an FM title. Going into the last day of the season, we were 3rd on goal difference with Ajax in 2nd & 1 point behind NEC in 1st. We were away at NEC, and needed a 0-3 win to finish above Ajax, who were away to a mid table side, to qualify for the CL. Of course, Ajax also had to lose their game.

I had already given up on the title, Doordrecht hadn't been top for the entire season & NEC hadn't lost at home and owned us on our ground. We had lost 3 games back, leaving NEC 7 points clear, but they dropped points on their previous 3 games, giving us a slim chance.

We took an early lead and never looked back. Not only did we get the win we needed, but Ajax, who would be champions if they won, got thumped 4-1. We retained our title by the skin of our teeth, in the most emphatic way possible :cool:

Archived