Goalkeeper physical attributes

I have a 18 year old regen keeper for my Villa save and hes rated as the best in my team - therefore playing every match. However his physical attributes are shocking. Does this really matter for a keeper.

GK atts:

Aerial : 13

Command: 16

Communication: 18

Ecc: 5

First Touch: 5

Free kick: 6

Handling: 17

Kicking: 18

One on ones: 17

Penalty taking: 2

Rushing out: 15

Punch: 7

Throwing: 11

Physical atts:

Acc: 7

Agil: 9

Balenece: 9

Jump: 14

Nat: 10

Pace: 7

Stam: 5

Strength: 9

I would have thought agility would be most important. Beyond that I don't know enough about how the game works to say whether jumping/strength play a role when trying to claim crosses and I don't know what role pace/acceleration have when there's a rushing out stat.

Jumping & agility are the only ones to pay attention to imo, but still not that important. If anything I'd be more concerned with mental stats such as concentration.... But if he's playing well, then you've nothing to worry about

I wouldn't have said it matters that much, certainly not stamina and natural fitness. Strength would matter more for situations when he is trying to win balls in the area, but that will raise as he gets older and refs will likely favour the keeper anyway.

I'd like to know his concentration and I'd say his throwing and punching need work. Other than that he is a damn fine keeper.

I think I'd actually play a more experienced keeper myself unless the 18 year old was doing amazing. An 18 year would be more than happy plodding away in the reserves even if he might be the best keeper at the club.

How does he perform? Don't let him get too downhearted by conceding lots of goals against bigger sides.

I wouldn't have said it matters that much, certainly not stamina and natural fitness. Strength would matter more for situations when he is trying to win balls in the area, but that will raise as he gets older and refs will likely favour the keeper anyway.

I'd like to know his concentration and I'd say his throwing and punching need work. Other than that he is a damn fine keeper.

I think I'd actually play a more experienced keeper myself unless the 18 year old was doing amazing. An 18 year would be more than happy plodding away in the reserves even if he might be the best keeper at the club.

How does he perform? Don't let him get too downhearted by conceding lots of goals against bigger sides.

Got a rating of 7.42 for the last 5 games so he is getting better. I would play a more experienced keeper but I want to develop his full PA (which is 189 according to FMRTE). His concentration is 16 at the moment.

Quite tempted to holiday and see what hes like in 10 years but I really must turn the PC off.

I don't know how important agility is, considering goalkeepers already have the reflexes attribute.

Besides, for the past few versions I'm used to seeing top regen goalies with horrendous agility and jumping and it doesn't seem to prevent them from making those top class saves. So if he's performing well and making good saves I don't think it matters much.

Archived