game running jerkily in 3d

Everything running smoothly - except - when match running in 3d it is very jerky

Adequate capacity in XP

Could it be resolution?

Had a similar problem with FM2009 - but can't remember what the cure was

Something simple? Can you help?

Thanks

My computer has 4 stars for Graphics according to FM, but the only thing which smoothened the 3D play was reducing the graphics to Low and removing stadium and fans. I had also deleted a cache, after reading a post by a SI employee suggesting ways of eliminating jerkiness. But don't ask me where the cache was or which post as I no longer remember, sorry. Maybe a search for "jerky cache" might come up with something.

I'm not too unhappy about this to be honest. In my opinion, even on that setting, it still looks pretty good (the fans looked awful anyway imo so I don't miss them). And the Match Engine play is the best ever in my opinion (apart from some bugs including my goalkeeper being responsible for 3 goals in 10 matches by rushing out and the ball bouncing over him, and other goalkeeper-related problems such as the ball being nearer to my goalkeeper than the forward but my goalie just stands there and lets the forward score).

Try turning off the crowd. That solved it for me but it wasn't until I installed 10.2 that it became totally unplayable. I don't always use 3D so it's not that big of a deal but SI could really do with some optimization on their 3D engine. I can run PES 2010 on highest settings smoothly and yet FM which looks worse than FIFA97 runs very jerky.

Have you tried updating your graphics card drivers?

tried that - no further update available

have set resolution to 1152 x 864 and run 3D two clicks slower than default middle setting - this is the best I can get it - not perfect, but better than before

Have downloaded patch 10.1 but cannot seem to get 10.2

Hey ho - I suppose nothing is perfect in this world

Thanks for all suggestions and help - much appreciated

Not much coming out of Sega it appears - sell the game and get on with it

Thought the manual was a bit thin for 2010 - good job kept info from previous years

I had the same problem and i managed to solve it this way.

1st when you start your match in 3d and the pitch is showing and you have bit of action....Pause the game and go to Options and once your in there goto Preferences then Display & Sound.

I then change the following - 70.00 hz to 72.00 hz or viser versa. When you then go back the the 3d match it should be ok.

tried that - no further update available

have set resolution to 1152 x 864 and run 3D two clicks slower than default middle setting - this is the best I can get it - not perfect, but better than before

Have downloaded patch 10.1 but cannot seem to get 10.2

Hey ho - I suppose nothing is perfect in this world

Thanks for all suggestions and help - much appreciated

Not much coming out of Sega it appears - sell the game and get on with it

Thought the manual was a bit thin for 2010 - good job kept info from previous years

Sorry - I'm not technical support or even very technical - there is a department you can reach for that. Should have been able to find that in your manual....

What spec is the card - is it above minimum? Other advice would be to update Java and DirectX - I've seen that help some other people out. Over and above that - perhaps post in the tech forum and ask for some advice there - might get more technical people than me to give you advice...

Happy new year.

I can't see this option anywhere....

Make sure ur clasic pitch view.

Top right of screen it should say play

Next to that is a icon that says FM - Left click on that and you should find Preferences listed there

I got that far, there' is no option to change from 70hz to 72hx or vice versa though unless I am totally in the wrong thing here.

This is what I see

http://i48.tinypic.com/20z2079.jpg

That's because you're playing in windowed mode so the game uses whatever refresh rate is set for your desktop. You can still try it by choosing your native resolution and playing in full screen mode. Changing refresh rate didn't help on my machine.

1st when you start your match in 3d and the pitch is showing and you have bit of action....Pause the game and go to Options and once your in there goto Preferences then Display & Sound.

I then change the following - 70.00 hz to 72.00 hz or viser versa. When you then go back the the 3d match it should be ok.

And how do i do that.

Tried this and although not 100%, it is quite acceptable and smooth when set to 1152x864 72Hz and speed of game pop up set two clicks down (slower) from middle default

(Game original default set at low res and 60Hz)

Thanks to everyone for all your help - nice to know there is someone out there to turn to

My next search is to find info on managing a blue square team (can't get any lower!) - players etc

Thanks again

Mel

Tried this and although not 100%, it is quite acceptable and smooth when set to 1152x864 72Hz and speed of game pop up set two clicks down (slower) from middle default

(Game original default set at low res and 60Hz)

Thanks to everyone for all your help - nice to know there is someone out there to turn to

My next search is to find info on managing a blue square team (can't get any lower!) - players etc

Thanks again

Mel

Can you please tell me how to change the Hz

Can you please tell me how to change the Hz

Make sure you are out of tv mode

Click on Options, click Preferences

Click on sound & vision

Towards the top you will see a resolution and Hz value (mine was defaulted at 1152x864 60Hz)

Click on this and a drop down menu appears with many different resolutions and Hz combinations

I selected 1152x864 72Hz - this is not perfect but the best I could do

Confirm etc etc

Slow the game speed down a tad on the 3d pop up menu that changes camera angles, replays etc

Hope this helps

Make sure you are out of tv mode

Click on Options, click Preferences

Click on sound & vision

Towards the top you will see a resolution and Hz value (mine was defaulted at 1152x864 60Hz)

Click on this and a drop down menu appears with many different resolutions and Hz combinations

I selected 1152x864 72Hz - this is not perfect but the best I could do

Confirm etc etc

Slow the game speed down a tad on the 3d pop up menu that changes camera angles, replays etc

Hope this helps

thanks mate

ok my 3d engine was working perfectly up until tonight

my players are now skipping around the place like penguins or players on a fuseball table as in there hands are down by their sides and they dont bend their legs they just 'waddle' around the place?

I had troubles with FMTRE in one of my test saves. When open it would cause the 3D match to skip, but when I closed the program it worked fine. Have you tried closing all other programs? If not try updating your drivers as said above.

ok my 3d engine was working perfectly up until tonight

my players are now skipping around the place like penguins or players on a fuseball table as in there hands are down by their sides and they dont bend their legs they just 'waddle' around the place?

You too - I got that and called it 'skinny weebles'. I solved it by doing a complete uninstall/reinstall. That AND game booster and now I'm happy as larry.

Well my match engine was never to jerky. Even without gamebooster but it wasnt exactly as smoothas a baby's bottom though. But now since i have updated my drivers and downloaded gamebooster and advanced system care. It runs as smooth as butter. Unless im playin a match in a stadium capacity of over 75,000 but even then it is still not that jerky and rough.

Archived