What causes lack of harmony at a club?

I won the Premiership and fa cup last season. Had a very good season.

Now for some strange reason, I've lost 5 in 10 and the squad are complaining about lack of harmony at the club.

But the first team hasn't changed and I haven't said anything to annoy the players.

Why the sudden change?

Are some of your players under 23? I had the same trouble with some of my players for the first season in the Premiership, they had a low "Pressure" hidden attribute and it seemed like this was triggering unhappiness of all sorts; players looking for trouble with others, worried about the transfer gossips even when the player had no club scouting him.

The only way to stop the lack of harmony spread to the rest of the players I found is; make sure I offer new contracts very close to the average of the other teams (first and most effective to quickly remove the unhappiness), try to tutor as quick as possible the player (I don’t use FM Genie so I can’t tell you if the tutoring has improved the hidden attributes, I’ll check that in February when the new version is out) which seems to help, and the last thing; discipline any riot rouser, deny any internal troubles during interviews, look for troubles among players like “Thinks PlayerName2 takes it too seriously” and PlayerName2 “Thinks PlayerName1 will not fulfill his potential if he doesn’t change his behavior” which simply means that PlayerName1 has real low “Professionalism” hidden attribute and that PlayerName2 is rather professional.

If you have such a player like PlayerName1 with low “Professionalism” then isolate him in the Reserve team if you don’t have promising players here. If ever you send a troublemaker in the Reserve and you have good players there, then it won’t be long before he starts doing the same kind of stuff he did in the first-team squad. The only option is “Transfer listed”, Ronaldinho tasted that 2 years ago.

Strange game.

Lost 2 games all last season.

Got the same team that won the Prem by 12 points and won the FA cup and made the Champions league final.

I've got 6 World Class players in the team.

This season, same team.

No changes.

I've lost 7 games and currently sit 8th in the league.

Team worried about lack of Harmony, even though its "Harmony" was amazing last year.

Random.

This really ****s me off plus the fact that players out on loan to other clubs are telling me this when they aren't even at the ****ing Club! So why the **** does it matter to them! They don't know **** about what's going on at my club while they're out at another club! What The **** does it matter to them?!

Does seem very odd if you have essentially the same squad as the season before. I have only encountered it once, and tbh it was expected, as I had just taken over the club and transfer-listed most of the playing squad!

Strange game.

Lost 2 games all last season.

Got the same team that won the Prem by 12 points and won the FA cup and made the Champions league final.

I've got 6 World Class players in the team.

This season, same team.

No changes.

I've lost 7 games and currently sit 8th in the league.

Team worried about lack of Harmony, even though its "Harmony" was amazing last year.

Random.

Have you gone through your team to see which players are unhappy for other reasons?

I had a lack of harmony and players thinking the club was underachieving at Valencia halfway through my first season. The teams around us had at least 1 game in hand and we were 12th-14th. Morale was "superb" due to us winning but we had less points than the teams above us, so it was obviously due to our league position & not results or form. As soon as we got into the top 6, all the "Slt" players were happy and everyone stopped complaining. We eventually finished 2nd. It's happening this season too, though.

The weird thing was, Moya, my GK, requested a player meeting, which apparently went very well, yet the next day he and several other players were moaning again.

I've had this at Alta, Norwegian 1st Div, just started the season and before playing any games or making any signings players were moaning about discontent and feeling I hadn't given them enough credit!

That's a reaction to your (or your assman's, if you go that way) team talks. You didn't say "Pleased" or "Thrilled" when they tought you should have, and/or you said "Why can't you play like this every game" when they are on a run of good form.

I've found the easiest way to end up with a squad of 'disharmony' is to not praise them after they beat some no-namers in a meaningless friendly 'only' by four goals or so (following the AssMan's recommended team talk). Then they all get ****y for me 'not giving the team enough credit' and the squad harmony goes to heck. Might want to check if this is also the cause of your misfortune.

So many reasons tbh. Signing a lot of players. Having 'temperamental' players. Regularly switching tactics. Playing people out of position. Being critical in the media. Switching captains. The list goes on. It is tough to keep a harmonious squad tbf

• 2 weeks later...

Archived