Sack?!??!

Alright just a mini rant here. So i have been playing with Chelsea since the start of the game and now it is 2018, and have basically won everything along the way. However the last season I didn't manage to win the Premier league due to my players getting old but I was still able to reach the CL final.

Obviously I have went and bought a load of new potential star players. I am currently coming second behind Arsenal with 3 games remaining so winning the league is probably unlikely but second is still good for my team of young guns or so I thought. Apparently the board decidedly that they weren't satisfied with my management and are not going to offer me a new contract?! I mean what the f do they expect from me, apparently winning everything and having a 70% winning record as a manager isn't good enough for them. Not to mention I have already managed them for 12 years or so winning 5 Champions League as well, yet I am still not on their favourite personel.

I would probably stop playing immediately once they have sacked me, cause I really like the team I currently have and can't see myself managing anyone but Chelsea. So please SI, fix this confidence crap that you have going on.

Alright just a mini rant here. So i have been playing with Chelsea since the start of the game and now it is 2018, and have basically won everything along the way. However the last season I didn't manage to win the Premier league due to my players getting old but I was still able to reach the CL final.

Obviously I have went and bought a load of new potential star players. I am currently coming second behind Arsenal with 3 games remaining so winning the league is probably unlikely but second is still good for my team of young guns or so I thought. Apparently the board decidedly that they weren't satisfied with my management and are not going to offer me a new contract?! I mean what the f do they expect from me, apparently winning everything and having a 70% winning record as a manager isn't good enough for them. Not to mention I have already managed them for 12 years or so winning 5 Champions League as well, yet I am still not on their favourite personel.

I would probably stop playing immediately once they have sacked me, cause I really like the team I currently have and can't see myself managing anyone but Chelsea. So please SI, fix this confidence crap that you have going on.

High expectations and a less than patient board means that 2 years without a trophy is a sacking offence at Chelsea.

In saying that, you may not get sacked and they usually do offer you a contract unless you've really underperformed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

High expectations and a less than patient board means that 2 years without a trophy is a sacking offence at Chelsea.

In saying that, you may not get sacked and they usually do offer you a contract unless you've really underperformed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not even like I didn't win anything. I won the league cup and FA Cup the year before.

Just because Ferguson never got fired, doesn't mean it's plausible that you get the sack after 2 worthless years. I'm saying worthless, cause you raised the standards yourself by performing.

In the end, it's not unfair if you get the sack. It's just not nice for you. icon_wink.gif

And Ferguson is an exception. You're unlikely to see a manager these days staying at any one club for as long as Ferguson has stayed at Man Utd.

A better example for your situation would be Mourinho. Only went 1 season without winning the league and the board got rid of him, you were lucky to get 2 seasons.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by themavsman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

In saying that, you may not get sacked and they usually do offer you a contract unless you've really underperformed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jose Mourinho won the league cup and FA cup last season and despite your CL glories, he also won Chelsea their first league title in decades. Where is he now?

It's not even like I didn't win anything. I won the league cup and FA Cup the year before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by themavsman:

It's not even like I didn't win anything. I won the league cup and FA Cup the year before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry for the double post.

Jose Mourinho won the league cup and FA cup last season and despite your CL glories, he also won Chelsea their first league title in decades. Where is he now?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

Did you change the start of season expectations? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No I didn't, I specifically set it to "Challenge for premier league" at the start of the year cause I know Arsenal would probably win the league again as their players are all playing at their peak age and I have just bought a bunch of young players.

The news item even said that Chelsea was performing above expectations all season, so what gives?

The news item even said that Chelsea was performing above expectations all season, so what gives? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Media expectations aren't the same thing as board expectations and board patience.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

And Ferguson is an exception. You're unlikely to see a manager these days staying at any one club for as long as Ferguson has stayed at Man Utd.

A better example for your situation would be Mourinho. Only went 1 season without winning the league and the board got rid of him, you were lucky to get 2 seasons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If Mourinho have won the Champions League then I am certain he wouldn't have been sacked.

Anyway, I am just fuming right now cause I feel cheated and wasted about 6 months of my life managing Chelsea.

As we've said, Mourinho was saced after only 1 season of under-achieving, so it's perfectly reasonable for you to be sacked after 2 seasons without a league win.

That's just the way it is with some boards, it'll be the same for Avram Grant if he doesn't win something soon.

No I didn't, I specifically set it to "Challenge for premier league" at the start of the year cause I know Arsenal would probably win the league again as their players are all playing at their peak age and I have just bought a bunch of young players.

The news item even said that Chelsea was performing above expectations all season, so what gives? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's alright saying you are going to challenge but if they want you to win the league within the 2 year plan then challenging still isn't good enough. How'd you ge ton in the CL? Did you underperform?

Like I said, the news item you read appears on most peoples games every so often but you will more than likely get it renewed.

A better example for your situation would be Mourinho. Only went 1 season without winning the league and the board got rid of him, you were lucky to get 2 seasons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If Mourinho have won the Champions League then I am certain he wouldn't have been sacked.

Anyway, I am just fuming right now cause I feel cheated and wasted about 6 months of my life managing Chelsea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You haven't won the CL though. You won it 3 years ago and what does that mean? Vicente Del Bosque anyone? icon_biggrin.gif

It's alright saying you are going to challenge but if they want you to win the league within the 2 year plan then challenging still isn't good enough. How'd you ge ton in the CL? Did you underperform?

Like I said, the news item you read appears on most peoples games every so often but you will more than likely get it renewed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I reached the Cl final lossing to Arsenal the year before and I just lost to AC Milan in the quarters on away goals.

Anyway, I am just fuming right now cause I feel cheated and wasted about 6 months of my life managing Chelsea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Understandable and nobody can blame you for that. Though I wouldn't call it a waste. If you had enjoyment, then it's not a waste. It's not as if it's a lifegoal or something. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Patje.lol:

Understandable and nobody can blame you for that. Though I wouldn't call it a waste. If you had enjoyment, then it's not a waste. It's not as if it's a lifegoal or something. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But here's the thing, once I get sack I would probably just quit playing since I can't see myself managing any other sides. And I probably won't start another game after all the work I have done in this current game which I thought I could play without getting sack until FM09 comes out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Patje.lol:

Understandable and nobody can blame you for that. Though I wouldn't call it a waste. If you had enjoyment, then it's not a waste. It's not as if it's a lifegoal or something. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But here's the thing, once I get sack I would probably just quit playing since I can't see myself managing any other sides. And I probably won't start another game after all the work I have done in this current game which I thought I could play without getting sack until FM09 comes out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In that case just retire and add yourself in again, take over the Chelsea team you built up and you've then lost nothing except a bit of manager history.

But here's the thing, once I get sack I would probably just quit playing since I can't see myself managing any other sides. And I probably won't start another game after all the work I have done in this current game which I thought I could play without getting sack until FM09 comes out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wwait and see. You aren't sacked yet. I can't play with other sides than the one I build up either, but my saves never last that long. Mostly 3 years, then I get fed up with the club, league and players. Problem with that kind of short games is that you have to look frequently for clubs, which can be a tad annoying. icon_biggrin.gif

In that case just retire and add yourself in again, take over the Chelsea team you built up and you've then lost nothing except a bit of manager history. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just wish SI would make the game easier for some of us that wants a long career game with one team.

personally, i agree with the mavsman as i think this isea that managers don't get offered new contracts is rubbish as it rarely happens in real life. usually managers are sacked or resign, very few just leave when their contracts

expire.

Wwait and see. You aren't sacked yet. I can't play with other sides than the one I build up either, but my saves never last that long. Mostly 3 years, then I get fed up with the club, league and players. Problem with that kind of short games is that you have to look frequently for clubs, which can be a tad annoying. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Except the case here is that I have managed them for 12 years and have developed a very special bond with my players over that period. No homo.

In that case just retire and add yourself in again, take over the Chelsea team you built up and you've then lost nothing except a bit of manager history. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just wish SI would make the game easier for some of us that wants a long career game with one team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree on that, yes. I always voted for the option to have a "contractless" career.

Wwait and see. You aren't sacked yet. I can't play with other sides than the one I build up either, but my saves never last that long. Mostly 3 years, then I get fed up with the club, league and players. Problem with that kind of short games is that you have to look frequently for clubs, which can be a tad annoying. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Except the case here is that I have managed them for 12 years and have developed a very special bond with my players over that period. No homo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It does sound a bit gay. icon_wink.gif

Nah, it's logical. 12 years is a long time in-game.

I really don't want to bond with the players, cause I'm the type that has a hard time offloading them when necessary.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ka-Pa-Ro:

personally, i agree with the mavsman as i think this isea that managers don't get offered new contracts is rubbish as it rarely happens in real life. usually managers are sacked or resign, very few just leave when their contracts

expire. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's like this in game because our wages rise too quickly and the clubs do not want to pay compensation. It does happen IRL and IMO is the reason managers say they are going to leave at the end of the season rather than resign there and then.

As for an option where you can't get sacked, perhaps the option should be there but I did find it quite funny that Mavsman is complaining that it is unrealistic that he would be sacked given his record yet wants an option added that is as unrealistic as it gets.

I just wish SI would make the game easier for some of us that wants a long career game with one team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately management isn't easy in real life, and most people want the game to mirror real life as much as possibe.

You could use something like FMM to change your contract and make it longer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ka-Pa-Ro:

expire. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's like this in game because our wages rise too quickly and the clubs do not want to pay compensation. It does happen IRL and IMO is the reason managers say they are going to leave at the end of the season rather than resign there and then.

As for an option where you can't get sacked, perhaps the option should be there but I did find it quite funny that Mavsman is complaining that it is unrealistic that he would be sacked given his record yet wants an option added that is as unrealistic as it gets. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you're telling me the only reason to have a long term game with one team is to win the bloody league every single year and if you don't win within two years you get the sack no matter how much you have accomplished in the past? Really? Is that realistic?

The use of Mourinho is a poor example in this case cause he obviously didn't achieve Chelsea's main goal of winning the Champions League, and I am certain that he wouldn't have got the sack if he did.

No mavsman i'm saying that there is a wholly realisitic possibility of you getting sacked from Chelsea because of the nature of the club in game. The board have attributes just like you have attributes in game. They have ambition and patience statistics that affect their judgement re: a managers ability to control a team. If you were at a club with a more patient board then your two years without a trophy may well have been understood and they would have given you backing rather than made it public that they may sack you.

The Mourinho example is perfectly pertinent to the argument as, in particular Vicente Del Bosque's example was. Del Bosque won the CL twice (i think) with real Madrid and one week after winning it for a second time was sacked because he hadn't won the league. Another example would be Carlo Ancelotti who has won 2 CL with AC MIlan and won last years trophy but is more than likely going to be sacked this eyar because he hasn't performed in the league and went out in the first knockout round.

Here are the similarities between yourself in game and Ancelotti IRL: -

- He won the CL last season, you didn't.

- He went out at the first knockout round, you went out in the quarter finals.

- He hasn't perfromed well in the league given Milans recent history, you have not performed well in the league given your recent history.

- He is going to be sacked, you may be sacked.

The game mirrors real life almost perfectly but for the fact that he won the CL last season and you did not.

Yes, really it's all realistic.

I fail to see how coming second two years in a row means getting the sack is realistic.

Ancelotti is getting the sack cause Milan is horrendous right now in the Serie A and has been the last few years. Their last Serie A victory was back in the 03/04 season, that's almost 4 years. Yet I am getting the sack after coming second two years running to a superior Arsenal side, it's not like I am underachieving or anything like Ancelotti with the players he have.

i was with celtic, after getting to and winning the champions league on pen, against arsenal, for the next season i only got 4 million to spend lol, nothen unsual their tho, just like the celtic board lol, went to real madrid after it and got a two yr contract, and after my 1st yr i got a new contract extention as a had a year left on mine, i went as the cameroon manager for a laugh and got sacked after 3 days lol as i lost to ivory coast lmao.

I fail to see how coming second two years in a row means getting the sack is realistic.

Ancelotti is getting the sack cause Milan is horrendous right now in the Serie A and has been the last few years. Their last Serie A victory was back in the 03/04 season, that's almost 4 years. Yet I am getting the sack after coming second two years running to a superior Arsenal side, it's not like I am underachieving or anything like Ancelotti with the players he have. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol sorry but this is going around in circles. No matter what in the past two seasons Ancelotti has outperformed you because he won the CL. He has a better record that you over the past 2 seasons, you cannot argue that. So if he is to be sacked, you quite rightly could be sacked as well lol.

Ancelotti is getting the sack cause Milan is horrendous right now in the Serie A and has been the last few years. Their last Serie A victory was back in the 03/04 season, that's almost 4 years. Yet I am getting the sack after coming second two years running to a superior Arsenal side, it's not like I am underachieving or anything like Ancelotti with the players he have. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You havent'won the CL in two (or three?) years. You haven't won the league in two years (counting current season). You only won some cups.

If the board is used to succes (which the Chelsea board probably is in your game), it's realistic.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shaunsweeney3:

i was with celtic, after getting to and winning the champions league on pen, against arsenal, for the next season i only got 4 million to spend lol, nothen unsual their tho, just like the celtic board lol, went to real madrid after it and got a two yr contract, and after my 1st yr i got a new contract extention as a had a year left on mine, i went as the cameroon manager for a laugh and got sacked after 3 days lol as i lost to ivory coast lmao. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha bad luck mate. Sacked after one game, must be a new record.

The only reason they are successful is because of me, yet they are going to sack me, those bastards. If this was real life there would be a riot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's football. One day you're a hero, the next the biggest schmuck on earth.

The only reason they are successful is because of me, yet they are going to sack me, those bastards. If this was real life there would be a riot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the board might of just thought it was time for a change and a frsh start, some boards are like that, look at the guy who didnt win the league with real madrid but he won the champions league that yr and got sacked that yr. it happens............. if u get sacked u get sacked, just add urself to the game and go manage chelsea

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shaunsweeney3:

i was with celtic, after getting to and winning the champions league on pen, against arsenal, for the next season i only got 4 million to spend lol, nothen unsual their tho, just like the celtic board lol, went to real madrid after it and got a two yr contract, and after my 1st yr i got a new contract extention as a had a year left on mine, i went as the cameroon manager for a laugh and got sacked after 3 days lol as i lost to ivory coast lmao. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha bad luck mate. Sacked after one game, must be a new record. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah so was the score line got hammered 10 - 0 lol, had 3 players sent off, and the team was crap tho, lol

may have been mentioned cos havent been bothered to read all posts:

2nd is high, but is it high enough? remember what happened to mourinho real life? i am no chelsea fan,in fact i hate them, but in all fairness, where did mourinho really go wrong? (on the pitch tht is!?)

Archived