FM 2020 - The New Breed Of Superkeepers

I don't want to discuss the saves made by the superkeepers as there are already plenty of threads discussing that. But the other abilites that these superkeepers appear to have.

For example: When a ball gets played back to a keeper even quite strong ones, in real life a mere normal keeper would trap it push it forward a couple of steps then launch it and would be lucky if he found a team mate. However in this game they volley it first time and it almost always goes to a team mate. Sometimes a opposition player is even closing them down but it dosn't put them off one iota.

Surely if a keeper is made to hit a one time touch then his effectiveness needs to be toned down. More slices, balls going into the other half but to the opposition etc. I used to get a glimmer of hope when seeing a ball played to the keeper like that, that we could regain possession with the next touch only for him to launch a volley to the feet of a winger and then onto an attack.

Surely these keepers are playing beyond their abilites?

I sometimes notice these volleys, is it not just poor graphical representation? That is what I put it down to :)

But you do get the odd diving header from a goalkeeper land straight at your strikers feet :thup: easy goal! Will take them all day long.

But if you have crap keepers you will get totally unrealistic scorelines because people will always be able to create tactics that beat the AI

How about making keepers play according to their ability??? I mean if they are poor, then they should leak goals but if they are good then they should manage to put up a good performance??

How about making keepers play according to their ability??? I mean if they are poor, then they should leak goals but if they are good then they should manage to put up a good performance??

That's just crazy! ;)

That's just crazy! ;)

And a poor keeper pulling off excellent saves on a consistent basis is not??:rolleyes: If you are going to temper the game on a realistic basis then why all the trouble of attributes, potential ability, current ability etc etc. Just display the stats of his previous seasons

Finally something smart.There is very little difference in the game between Buffon and Vito Manone(Arsenal).

Finally something smart.There is very little difference in the game between Buffon and Vito Manone(Arsenal).

Im not defending the game at all. but in real life have you ever seen a poor keeper? Lets take Mike Pollitt at Wigan as an example, he plays perfectly fine in goal for Wigan, despite him being unkown relatively.

Say its the FA cup. How many small teams go out against big teams due to the keeper making horrendous errors? Not many.

Im not defending the game at all. but in real life have you ever seen a poor keeper? Lets take Mike Pollitt at Wigan as an example, he plays perfectly fine in goal for Wigan, despite him being unkown relatively.

Say its the FA cup. How many small teams go out against big teams due to the keeper making horrendous errors? Not many.

Half decent Keepers at poor clubs always seem better than they actually are because they are so busy. They can afford to make mistakes because theyll have so many chances to redeem themselves.

I disagree on all Keepers being similar. For me with Leeds, Akinfeev is miles better than Howard and Howard better than Ankergren .

Mike Pollitt should have played for England! Brilliant keeper.

And a poor keeper pulling off excellent saves on a consistent basis is not??:rolleyes: If you are going to temper the game on a realistic basis then why all the trouble of attributes, potential ability, current ability etc etc. Just display the stats of his previous seasons

I think you failed to see the sarcasm involved in my last post, which, to be fair, is easy to do in a forum. ;) << note the winking smiley.

Archived