Google Earth modelled stadiums

I want to know how people feel about having the 3D modelled stadiums from Google Earth featured in the game - would this be possible, if so would it be a good feature? The stadiums at the moment lack the feel of being realistic IMO. Also having the ability to set camera movements with a configuration file would be fantastic for the 3d match engine.

I have seen stadium edits in other games, RL2 had a good community of modders but I have yet to see it in any other sports games. Some big companies never release stuff to help the community. EA even stopped doing the course architect and made it impossible to add courses to Tiger Woods Golf series, pretty much killed a thriving community over about 4 websites, one having thousands of downloads a day from it. I know, I used to post courses there!

if SI released some mod tools it would be done we would have :

- more stadiums

-better animations

-graphics improvement

- game modifications ( volley ball management , ruby etc...)

-etc

unfortunately SI ignores this side of the community ,

- more stadiums

-better animations

-graphics improvement

-etc

Bit harsh considering they added a competition editor/creator this year. As for volleyball management... that will never happen ;)

dude its possible if we could modify the match engine and AI behavior and create a volleyball database , and mod 3D accordingly its possible

still that was an example of what can be done with the right tools , look at HL 1 and HL2 there are tons of mods with gameplay style way different than the originals .

i don't consider competition editor a moding tool , its a start but i don't like its limitations

It would be great to see real stadiums like, but surely there are licensing issues for SI with this, so it would have to be a user mod. would be great if it could be done. oh and a volleyball management system.... really???

That's what I'm after. If SI enabled us to assign our own models to teams - then there would be no need for licenses.

- more stadiums

-better animations

-graphics improvement

-etc

volley ball??:confused: lol

thats just stupid, SI would never do that and i don't want them to do it either.

I don't think anyone can really complain about SI for stuff like this, the editor is vast and there's a very large modding community. They don't have the licenses for some badges, kits, player photo's etc yet they make it very easy for us to add it into the game ourselves. We can change all the competition names to match the real life ones, and even with the licensing disputes with the German national team etc, they make it very very easy to get around.

Things could be a whole lot worse, and I'm sure they would offer this as an option if it was viable.

considering it was just 18 months ago when we first saw the 3D engine running, these kind of expectations are not opening a legit discussion (yet). it is not all about deciding what to do BUT there is a big aspect of what can be done with the resources / time / budget.

I don't think anyone can really complain about SI for stuff like this, the editor is vast and there's a very large modding community. They don't have the licenses for some badges, kits, player photo's etc yet they make it very easy for us to add it into the game ourselves. We can change all the competition names to match the real life ones, and even with the licensing disputes with the German national team etc, they make it very very easy to get around.

Things could be a whole lot worse, and I'm sure they would offer this as an option if it was viable.

^ totally agree mate.

volley ball??:confused: lol

thats just stupid, SI would never do that and i don't want them to do it either.

dude for **** sakes cant you freaking read? no one forces you to install a mod .also that was an example . next time try to learn how to read , and learn about the subject before coming here bashing

Also its us who would do it no SI, i have seen some forums begging for a footsal manager for years they even have a petition ,with the right tools it could be done

its us the community that would modify the game at our will , our work is not linked with SI licenses so there is no license issues for SI

Archived