I have to pay his wages! :@

A new save with Man Utd and I try to get rid of some players I don't need/want. Well, nobody wants to buy Park Ji-Sung so I loan him to Madrid for a season for £1.2m upfront and then a £6.5m option to buy. Ok fair enough. At the end of the season Madrid activate the buy clause, but apperently offer lower wages. So now Park says he will move to Madrid....as long as I pay him £30,000 per week until his origonal contract at Utd expires in 2012! :rolleyes: That means I will have to pay him over £3m over 2 seasons to play for Madrid. Obviously I have just said no and will have to see what happens (I would rather him stay and rot in the reserves).

Nice touch by SI, but I've never seen this. Anyone else seen or heard of this?

Yeah, seen it. You've got to weight up the pros and cons though. You'll be paying him less than you are now, and is the replacement player you bring in going to have a wage that equals what you were originally paying out? If the anwser's no, then you should let him leave and continue to pay him, as you'll be paying less in the long run. :thup:

I had this at a lower league club; I can't recall it ever happening IRL (though I guess it must have for it to be in the game in the first place as SI don't tend to add things for the sake of it!) but I guess if you take over after someone has been a little libral with the wages this might happen

Ok lol I've owned every release since CM00/01 and never seen this and now it's happened twice in 2 minutes. Don't have any players in mind to buy as the current squad is good enough, so money isn't an issue. I will try to sell him over the summer, even at a lower price but there's NO WAY I'm going to pay his wages :@

Quite common in FM09, much more so in FM10. I had Kanoute on 110,000 a week at Sevilla, he wanted me to pay him 89,000 a week to move to Barcelona!! Not likely, especially to a la Liga rival. Ended up getting Pjanic using him as part exchange, but still had to pay 74,000 a week, it's only for a year at least.

Quite common in FM09, much more so in FM10. I had Kanoute on 110,000 a week at Sevilla, he wanted me to pay him 89,000 a week to move to Barcelona!! Not likely, especially to a la Liga rival. Ended up getting Pjanic using him as part exchange, but still had to pay 74,000 a week, it's only for a year at least.

Atleast you got the better deal in the end :thup: That's a hell of wage for Kanoute btw. I'm a real tight a** and I will only pay players as much as they deserve due to performence/reputation. I assume that was the wage he was on already when you took over.

I had this at a lower league club; I can't recall it ever happening IRL (though I guess it must have for it to be in the game in the first place as SI don't tend to add things for the sake of it!) but I guess if you take over after someone has been a little libral with the wages this might happen

Happened with several of the players Leeds sold after O'Leary, Robbie Fowler being just one of them.

A new save with Man Utd and I try to get rid of some players I don't need/want. Well, nobody wants to buy Park Ji-Sung so I loan him to Madrid for a season for £1.2m upfront and then a £6.5m option to buy. Ok fair enough. At the end of the season Madrid activate the buy clause, but apperently offer lower wages. So now Park says he will move to Madrid....as long as I pay him £30,000 per week until his origonal contract at Utd expires in 2012! :rolleyes: That means I will have to pay him over £3m over 2 seasons to play for Madrid. Obviously I have just said no and will have to see what happens (I would rather him stay and rot in the reserves).

Nice touch by SI, but I've never seen this. Anyone else seen or heard of this?

When you want to sell someone... don't set their status to transfer listed/not wanted. Offer them to clubs (and I know this sounds crazy) for twice their listed value. Clubs will start offering. I sold Foster for £8M + sell-on and Tomasz Kuszczak for £7M + sell-on this way...

Archived