I installed the game on my computer but it didn't work because the computer didn't have a good enough graphics card.

Then I installed FM2010 on my laptop, the game worked perfectly, but I have to re-install the game when I want to use it because there is no FM2010 desktop icon and when I put in the disc the game doesn't load.

Also I downloaded patch 10.2 from the website but I don't know how to get the game working on patch 10.2 because when I downloaded it patch 10.2 was still left in mozilla firefox downloads and when I started a new game, the game was still running on 10.0.When I first played the game, I was downloading patch 10.2 and it said you need to close FM2010 to download 10.2.I pressed no (stupidly!) and since then I can't find how to download patch 10.2.

All help will be very appreciated

Have you downloaded patch 10.2? If so, close FM, and double click the patch. It shoudl run and update the FM files, then, when you re-start FM you should get the option of which database to choose.

the Data editor is usually in one of two places, depending on how you installed the game...

If installed using the Offline activation method the game editor can be found at:

Computer > Local Disk (C: > All Programs > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > Tools

If installed using the STEAM activation method the game editor can be found at:

Computer > Local Disk (C: > Program Files > Steam > steamapps > common > football manager 2010 > tools

If you're looking in "my documents" for the tools folder, you're looking in the wrong place.... It shoudl be in the "program files" section, as I highlighted above... If it isnt there, then as FrazT suggests, something is stopping it from completely installing, which is probably also why you have to keep uninstalling and reinstalling.

Then I installed FM2010 on my laptop, the game worked perfectly, but I have to re-install the game when I want to use it because there is no FM2010 desktop icon and when I put in the disc the game doesn't load.

The game doesn't have a desktop icon when you install it. You have to create a shortcut and put that on your desktop. You shouldn't need to reinstall fm every time you want to play it. I'm assuming your using windows vista or 7 so apologies if your not but if you click on start then select games from the menu and a folder will pop up where you should see an fm icon if you've installed properly.

To create a shortcut on your desktop navigate to program files\sports interactive\football manager 2010 and find the fm icon and right click on it then select create shortcut from the menu.

Archived