How to defend and mark?

1. Does somebody know how man marking works? When I ask a CD or DM to mark a particular opponent player, I don't see anything that indicates that my player is doing this. Even not with tight marking ticked on.

2. When must one use "tight" marking?

3. Does somebody know how you create a reliable defence. I tried many things (use stopper and cover, move up or down defence, play offside, play narrower, ...) Attackers continue to slip through and score against me.

4. What do you do when leading against an equal or stronger opponent (during second half)? I have the feeling that whatever the opposition does, you have to go to five defenders or they score goals. Quite annoying, I have the feeling that it is not about tactics, just about obligation to do something.

5. Is it possible to play offside? I have the feeling that it only works when pushing up at the end of a game when your team is behind.

6. Is it possible to mark the opposition player lurking outside the penalty area when defending corners? Is it possible to keep a player half the way between your penalty area and the middle of the pitch anyway?

Thank You

I don't think man mark actually means following the player all over the pitch on fm.

I have a basic 442 with the cb's on defend and the fb's on auto and I play offside.

No similar problems with defencive frailties for me and I regularly catch players off side. Could be the players themselves?

My CB's are turner and Ferdinand, not the very best but not bad at all I think.

Do you push your defensive line forward when playing offside?

Archived